Page 82 of 104 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1552
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just remember that all female hero moment and thinking how none of those women had ever really interacted with or talked with each other prior to that moment.
    I was honestly a little offended by that scene. I recognize it was a greta moment for a lot of little girls who never had a moment like that before, but as an adult, I couldn't help but feel like it was a pandering cookie because, as you noted, these women had barely interacted. Yay women superheroes, but bond and connections weren't there so it felt both unearned and strange. The best female relationship in the movies up until that point was Nebula/Gamora -- which I loved -- but that was very, very altered, but most of the ladies had never even spoken up to that point. Also, there was the aforementioned death of Natasha and the complete rewrite of Peggy's history without her actually weighing in, which also wasn't great writing from a female perspective.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    I was honestly a little offended by that scene. I recognize it was a greta moment for a lot of little girls who never had a moment like that before, but as an adult, I couldn't help but feel like it was a pandering cookie because, as you noted, these women had barely interacted. Yay women superheroes, but bond and connections weren't there so it felt both unearned and strange. The best female relationship in the movies up until that point was Nebula/Gamora -- which I loved -- but that was very, very altered, but most of the ladies had never even spoken up to that point. Also, there was the aforementioned death of Natasha and the complete rewrite of Peggy's history without her actually weighing in, which also wasn't great writing from a female perspective.
    I feel the negative reaction to it is a bit overblown tbh. It's corny and performative, but not really awful IMO. I get what you're saying, but I don't think bashing this specific scene doesn't actually helps. The scene really only highlights the inferior job the MCU has done with it's female heroes.

I agree on Nat's death and Peggy's history. And I would like way more female heroes interacting with one another. In the comics, Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel, She-Hulk and Wasp all interacted with one another in the Avengers. Where's that in the movies?

Yeah they truly did not do ANY of the work to earn that scene.

Back to the show, it seems like they're setting up a second season but I kinda feel like Sam earned himself a movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah they truly did not do ANY of the work to earn that scene.

Back to the show, it seems like they're setting up a second season but I kinda feel like Sam earned himself a movie.
    Idk if they've said where he'll appear next, or any of the cast for that matter. They seem to be keeping us guessing

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just remember that all female hero moment and thinking how none of those women had ever really interacted with or talked with each other prior to that moment.
    Not to mention they were all unoccupied in the major battle going on to get together for it.

Fantastic Member

I really want Sam to have his own movie. He's a great character, and I like conceptually what they're doing with him.

To be honest, if the show had just focused on the Sam/Isaiah plot and delved deeper into that history with the added dose of John Walker, I wouldn't have complained.

From start to finish of this series, I never felt that the Flag-Smashers were a credible threat. Their motivations felt murky to me until Sam's speech in the final episode. Their transition from 'hey, let's stage some hijinks' to 'hey, let's commit mass murder,' didn't feel genuine to me at all. The series had been hyped as showing how messed up the world was since the Snap and the Blip, but except for the occasional speech about the plight of the refugees, nothing much really seemed dramatically different to me. I loved seeing Sam become Captain America because he's so worthy to take on that role. Nice to see Bucky growing past the psychological trauma of his years as the Winter Soldier. I thought Wyatt Russell did a tremendous job in his role. Otherwise, to me the series felt like it was just the introduction and set up to a different story. So far as Sharon is concerned...yikes. I hope she turns out to be a Skrull.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Y'all Sharon is a queen doing what need to be done I don't think she's evil she just hates the government which people can relate too.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Y'all Sharon is a queen doing what need to be done I don't think she's evil she just hates the government which people can relate too.
    I don't think Sharon is evil. If she stayed in Madipoor for the majority of the time she's been a fugitive then she's just doing what she needs to in order to survive. Assuming she didn't get snapped then she's been doing it for seven years. It's already sunk in by this point

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    What about due process? What gives him the right to murder people? He's not the law
    Hawkeye was killing Yakuza and Cartel. They have so much power and influence that they are beyond the law, so due process really isn't an option.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The people Hawkeye was killing were Yakuza and Cartel. They have so much power and influence that they are beyond the law, so due process really isn't an option.
    Really? It's suddenly ok to go above the law if someone else does? With that mentality, I can see why the world is the way it is

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Really? It's suddenly ok to go above the law if someone else does? With that mentality, I can see why the world is the way it is
    Yes really. Those types of people tend to have the the law in their pockets.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Yes really. Those types of people tend to have the the law in their pockets.
    I don't see how that excuses violence. Have you seen how much police and vigilante violence is still a problem? But they justify it because "they're already guilty"

I really want Sam to have his own movie. He's a great character, and I like conceptually what they're doing with him.

To be honest, if the show had just focused on the Sam/Isaiah plot and delved deeper into that history with the added dose of John Walker, I wouldn't have complained.
    YUP. I honestly felt that it was kinda strange that John was only tangentially part of those conversations. Like he never has to face the implications of the government choosing him and lying to Sam or about the racist history behind it all.

Also the show kept on trying to get me to think that Sam understands Karli... because he's black? Like they needed to put in waaaay more groundwork for that connection to make sense cause homegirl was a full-blown terrorist.

Sam's speech to the those Senate guys was on point. Sam cares about everyone, sees a human being everyone instead of alienating them from society. He wants a pre-emptive method in a way, that's why he said "otherwise there'll be more Karli's".

His new suit looks dope.

- Bucky. I'm glad Bucky's finally come to terms with himself. He's finally embraced that he's now one of the good guys as well. You good see in that brief moment when he opened that truck....people were freed and they thanked him. Buck was kind of shocked in a positive way. Kinda sad that he didn't get a suit.

Walker. Ya boy has redeemed himself. It was either holding the truck filled with people from falling down or going after Karli....He went for the former and I am SO glad he did. US Agent...Booyah!

Isaiah Bradley. Man, poor Bradley. At last there's some recognition, his statue at the Captain America exhibit!

Sharon. Wtf?! Peggy is rolling in her grave right now. Traitor?! She IS the powerbroker....

Karli. Ngl never cared for her throughout the entire series. She kind of had it coming.