Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Valiant

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I finally got around to ordering X-O vol. 5, can't wait to finish up!

Unfortunately Armor Hunters Deluxe continues to elude me...
    Volume 3 would probably suffice. Unless you're a completist, I would say the additional content is not worth the extortionate prices 3rd parties are asking for.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I finally got around to ordering X-O vol. 5, can't wait to finish up!

Unfortunately Armor Hunters Deluxe continues to elude me...
    Yeah, that one is expensive. It was going for around 125-150. I found a copy on Ebay for $120 but made an offer of $90 and he accepted it. I know that's still pricey, but I had to have it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Volume 3 would probably suffice. Unless you're a completist, I would say the additional content is not worth the extortionate prices 3rd parties are asking for.
    I do have vol. 3, but I am indeed a completist. It's like a disease...

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Yeah, that one is expensive. It was going for around 125-150. I found a copy on Ebay for $120 but made an offer of $90 and he accepted it. I know that's still pricey, but I had to have it.
    Yeah, eBay prices are ridiculous. I decided a while back that I'll pay up to $75 for it. Recently, I've missed TWO opportunities to get it for less than that, thanks to this damn full time job that keeps distracting me...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Hmmm. Bleeding cool is reporting thst Valiant Entertainment has been sold in its entirety. Wonder what this means for its future...

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...tainment-sold/

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I saw that earlier. This didn't go well last time. Acclaim bought it and ran the company into bankruptcy.
    I just hope the second half of history doesn't repeat itself.

Perhaps the new owners have a strong vision. Perhaps as part of their new management strategy and spending spree they will outright legally purchase all licensure to the Gold Key 3 to re-incorporate back into the Valiant Universe(personal wish).

In the short term publishing will continue. These deals take a while to sort out so 2018 seems safe. It's 2019 and beyond we will want to hear the plans for. Maybe Dinesh and some others will stay on in some capacity? Looking at it from a "big picture" they were fans who made an investment. To get a return on their gamble is something I can not fault them for one bit.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Hmmm. Bleeding cool is reporting thst Valiant Entertainment has been sold in its entirety. Wonder what this means for its future...

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...tainment-sold/
    Bleeding Cool updated the article. DMG is the purchaser. They're the company that made a large investment in Valiant a few years ago when the move announcements first came out. My guess is that things won't change that much on the publishing side. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    Bleeding Cool updated the article. DMG is the purchaser. They're the company that made a large investment in Valiant a few years ago when the move announcements first came out. My guess is that things won't change that much on the publishing side. Time will tell.
    Time to sell book of death, but seriously not great news

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm doing anything that drastic. Just cause the company turned over doesn't mean I'm clearing out my library and the stories suddenly became unworthy.

I currently own one of every Valiant comic, Acclaim years as well, not variant covers mind you but one copy, up through today.
    I'll stick around to see what happens under DMG but it looks bleak right now. Hope to be proven wrong.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I really don't think much will change on the comics front. DMG has owned a majority of the company for a few years now. Odds are this is a move to make things easier on the movie front.

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    I really don't think much will change on the comics front. DMG has owned a majority of the company for a few years now. Odds are this is a move to make things easier on the movie front.
    Hope you are right

Yeah, but you've also got all the top guys leaving, including Dinesh.

I worry that, like Acclaim, DMG are only interested in mining Valiant for their IPs for other media adaptations and the publishing side will become an after thought.

Need some advice! I had the thin Divinity deluxe but sold it because I've found the execution lackluster but the premise was interesting. Also it felt like an isolated story so on top of it being rushed and mediocre it was irrelevant too.
    So with that in mind do you think I would enjoy the other two minis more and maybe reevaluate the first one if I buy this new Complete hardcover or just save the money and skip it?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Need some advice! I had the thin Divinity deluxe but sold it because I've found the execution lackluster but the premise was interesting. Also it felt like an isolated story so on top of it being rushed and mediocre it was irrelevant too.
    So with that in mind do you think I would enjoy the other two minis more and maybe reevaluate the first one if I buy this new Complete hardcover or just save the money and skip it?
    I did the same, just had the complete deluxe arrive, it has been well received I think but it will probably be a while before I get around to reading it but I didn’t want to take a chance on itselling out and I think if you don’t like it you won’t lose out if you sell it

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I did the same, just had the complete deluxe arrive, it has been well received I think but it will probably be a while before I get around to reading it but I didn’t want to take a chance on itselling out and I think if you don’t like it you won’t lose out if you sell it
    hmmm that's true

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I've got the same dilemma. And what's another thing for me is the change of management etc. I don't know what the future of Valiant is going to be. So should I skip it and sell my collection or continue my collection and add this one to it?