View Poll Results: Do you think Emma has become an iconic member of the x-men?

Voters
251. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

170 67.73%
  • no

81 32.27%
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Okay if Emma isn't iconic, i shouldn't see Gambit being called iconic either
    Thought Gambit had a higher profile?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I always have an odd fascination with people who are critical of women who embrace their sexual identity. They call her a slut and trash, but cannon wise she has been with 4 sexual partners. While some people would complain that she is a woman hater, I think Emma embraces her womanhood with power and command.

Iconic just like the poll states.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

OT. Never-mind
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-10-2018 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    I always have an odd fascination with people who are critical of women who embrace their sexual identity. They call her a slut and trash, but cannon wise she has been with 4 sexual partners. While some people would complain that she is a woman hater, I think Emma embraces her womanhood with power and command.

Who has Emma been with? Shaw, Scott....who else? Was she ever actually intimate with Namor?

And I think Emma being criticized for being a slut stems more from her going after a married man, not bc of her count

The funny thing is that Emma is praised for embracing herself and some don't like that she's so heavily criticised, and yet she herself constantly criticizes others. She's basically a hypocrite and actually the most insecure X-woman. That's what really makes her interesting and multidimensional.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Who has Emma been with? Shaw, Scott....who else? Was she ever actually intimate with Namor?

And I think Emma being criticized for being a slut stems more from her going after a married man, not bc of her count
    Tony Stark.

It is also heavily implied she was intimate with Namor. On the flashback she was shown in his bed. And during their meeting he says something along the lines of "I have no doubt that you will grace my bed again."

Nope. No matter how long she's associated with the X-Men she'll always be a Hellfire witch to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post

Umm, 4 sexual partners? You sure your count is correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I don't disagree with you last sentence. But wasn't she retconned into forced prostitution by Shaw? Wouldn't that mean she racked up a nice body count before she found her way to Tony or Scott?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Tony Stark.
    John, Paul, Ricky, Bobby , Mike, Joe, Joel, Brian, Chris, Thomas, Eric etc. Be realistic. After she was deaged and stripped of all her super villain know how and retconned into Shaw's plaything, you nor none of her other fans really know her true body count.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Umm, 4 sexual partners? You sure your count is correct?

I don't disagree with you last sentence. But wasn't she retconned into forced prostitution by Shaw? Wouldn't that mean she racked up a nice body count before she found her way to Tony or Scott?

John, Paul, Ricky, Bobby , Mike, Joe, Joel, Brian, Chris, Thomas, Eric etc. Be realistic. After she was deaged and stripped of all her super villain know how and retconned into Shaw's plaything, you nor none of her other fans really know her true body count.
    Some Storm fans are so funny.

First, I was just responding to the question of who was the other one in the list of four they were discussing about, which was indeed Tony, as confirmed in comics, second, I honestly don't really care about her sexual partners, I'm not one who goes around shaming people for who or how many people they decide to sleep with, and third, yes, we don't know the body count, but we're going by what has been said on comics at least, not simply inventing numbers because you feel it fits the character.
    Last edited by Fantasy Free Me; 03-07-2018 at 01:58 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well slut means different things to different people. The definition is an immoral & dirty woman. What makes a woman those things will vary.

Some don't think of a slut in number of partners, but actions. A woman could have 60 sex partners and not be thought a slut by some. But if she carries on affairs with married men, or uses sex as a way to gain favors, she will get branded a slut -or whore for that second one.

May be the case for Emma. It's that she started up a relationship with a married man & used her powers to have psychic sex with him. Scott doesn't get off easy either. Many think he's trash for the way he carried on with Emma. That relationship left a sour taste for many with both characters.

But on the flip, some will call Jean a slut for kissing Logan while she was married to Scott.
    All of the X-Women are quite sexually liberated, so the only reason Emma gets singled out as being the slutty one is because that's what the writers want us to think of her. If you think about it, Emma came to prominence at a time when editorial really wanted to move away from the X-Men being all about "strong female characters" and center everything around Cyclops and Wolverine, with women relegated to supporting roles. By making the franchise's leading lady a former villain who is despised by all of her teammates and constantly demeaned and insulted on panel, they ensured that nobody reading the comics would ever get the impression that Emma was in any way Scott's equal or that the stories were ever about her.

Fantastic Member

I love Emma and I think she's an iconic x-men. The problem is all the later of AvX

It is currently a complement of Scott Summers, until when Scott is dead is still the complement of Right SCott.

The relevance of future Emma will be seen when Scott returns, I believe between 2 and 6 years, they are directing Emma to be only related to Right Scott

Jean Gray does not seem to want to know anything with right cyclops and already in "Spiderman renove the votes" playing with the theme of a Jean away from Scott for ideological reasons married to Wolverine, but if Scott is again the classic Scott, the normal relationship Scott would be with jean

If Right-Scott returns, Emma will be in the foreground again by her side, and if she returns classic-Scott, Emma will be Madelyne Prior II

Sad, I love Emma. She's a great X-men iconic, but that's the way Marvel decided

BANNED

First, I was just responding to the question of who was the other one in the list of four they were discussing about, which was indeed Tony, as confirmed in comics, second, I honestly don't really care about her sexual partners, I'm not one who goes around shaming people for who or how many people they decide to sleep with, and third, yes, we don't know the body count, but we're going by what has been said on comics at least, not simply inventing numbers because you feel it fits the character.
    Listen, Linda, your post and the one you quoted piggybacked off of one that was offering up faulty information. Canon wise you all know the name of at least 4 of her conquests. But canon wise she was a prostitute. Prostitution implies multiple sexual adventures with multiple paying partners. Now I don't like that she was retconned from the boss that did what she wanted because she wanted into being this shell of her former self, but by canon these are the facts. And I never gave a number. I just offered up information that was being omitted from the discussion.

Listen, Linda, your post and the one you quoted piggybacked off of one that was offering up faulty information. Canon wise you all know the name of at least 4 of her conquests. But canon wise she was a prostitute. Prostitution implies multiple sexual adventures with multiple paying partners. Now I don't like that she was retconned from the boss that did what she wanted because she wanted into being this shell of her former self, but by canon these are the facts. And I never gave a number. I just offered up information that was being omitted from the discussion.
    Where is it canon that she was prostitute? What issue? She was stripper, but as she showed in her back story in she used her telepathy on people to fleece them and leave them with a different recollection.

YAAAAASSSS THIS ALL THIS!!! (not implying anyone explicitly said it) just wanted to put my opinion out there. Emma having sex with dozens of men is not "slutty" behavior to me

pretty sure she was a stripper. And even if she wasn't she's a telepath. She would've never have to touch her clients. Unless she wanted to
    GrindrStone(D)