Page 3 of 1172 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Yesterday, Florida Congressman Francis Rooney (R) stated that he was open to voting for impeachment based on the evidence.

That courage is not coincidental, it seems, as today, Rooney announced he would be retiring after what will be but two terms in office.
    Still....it's better than no one. We may need this to trickle before it floods. If it does at all.

Saw an article about this over on Dailykos that indicates most of the retweets of Gabbard's "warmonger" insult on Clinton were from bots. It also notes Gabbard has run onto Fox News to attack Democratic leadership since 2015, when she decided it was an outrage that President Obama wouldn't use the phrase "radical Islam", which is usually the sort of bulls*** you'd expect to be coming out of the mouth of Louie Gohmert.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    I remain fundamentally astonished at how the living incarnation of all things the Christian Right wants to fight has such obsessive support. As mentioned, this is souring a lot of people on Christianity in general.
    Yeah but let's not pretend like there was ever a time when Christianity actually lived up to its supposed principles and wasn't blatantly hypocritical.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

So is this thread for fans of Highlander now too?

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    So far, no fact checking in that thread though.

So let me get this straight.... Parliament passes a law requiring Johnson to write a letter to the EU. He writes a letter doing so, does not sign it, and adds a note that he doesn't mean it?

Is that in any way following the law? I remember people talking about that possibility weeks ago and an expert saying that OF COURSE that would be illegal.

Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU asking for Brexit delay

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    So is this thread for fans of Highlander now too?

Unrelated, but I snuck Freddy into a Highlander themed zone of a mud I helped with years ago. Still on the hard drive somewhere.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    So let me get this straight.... Parliament passes a law requiring Johnson to write a letter to the EU. He writes a letter doing so, does not sign it, and adds a note that he doesn't mean it?

Is that in any way following the law? I remember people talking about that possibility weeks ago and an expert saying that OF COURSE that would be illegal.

Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU asking for Brexit delay
    Personally I think at this point the Queen should step in and tell Boris his services are no longer required. She still has that power if she chooses to use it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    So much for Trump being a tough guy who doesn't back down to the libs! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

====================

Faced With Impeachment, Trump Fuels Chaos With Erratic Decisions

In the four weeks since Nancy Pelosi launched the investigation, Trump has taken steps that have drawn more criticism, not less. Clearly the pressure has gotten to Trump, and he can't handle it. One would wonder why he wants four more years of this madness, but, Trump loves the power and the attention that comes with being president, plus, his ego won't allow him to quit, so he's going to fight to the bitter end, even as he drags the country down to hell.

Mitch McConnell: Trump’s ‘Nightmare’ Syria Withdrawal Threatens To Bring Terror Home

Pulling out of Syria is a “grave strategic mistake,” the Senate majority leader warned in an op-ed. No ****, Moscow Mitch! Stevie Wonder could see that coming down the road.

Van Jones: Hillary Clinton Is Playing A ‘Dangerous Game’ With Tulsi Gabbard Remarks

The CNN host said he doesn’t want Clinton’s comments on Gabbard and Russia to “legitimate these kind of attacks against anybody.” Uhh, has Van been paying attention to Trump who's been doing that same sort of **** practically since Inauguration Day?

Trump Launches ‘Stop The Coup’ Impeachment Hashtag But Twitter Users Aren’t Having It

Twitter followers school the president on the difference between a coup and a constitutional process. God bless Twitter users who showed Trump what's what!

Billionaire Tells Wealthy To ‘Lighten Up’ About Elizabeth Warren: ‘You’re Not Victims’

“You’re the richest people in the world. How in God’s name do you feel like a victim?” asks former Goldman Sachs partner Michael Novogratz. Because the super rich are often super greedy, and they HATE being taxed more than necessary, so they're been whining like colicky babies about Warren's proposed wealth tax.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Again, I don't control them. I don't control what anyone else says or does."

Doesn't that mean she's acknowledging that Russia is helping her out?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Van Jones: Hillary Clinton Is Playing A ‘Dangerous Game’ With Tulsi Gabbard Remarks

The CNN host said he doesn’t want Clinton’s comments on Gabbard and Russia to “legitimate these kind of attacks against anybody.” Uhh, has Van been paying attention to Trump who's been doing that same sort of **** practically since Inauguration Day?

Since this was in that article, I'm going to take a minute to make sure it doesn't get lost in the shuffle...

Elsewhere in the CNN segment with Burnett, Jones, who referred to Clinton as a
    ”legend,” suggested there was a “backstory” to the Gabbard-Clinton-Russia debacle.

He pointed to Gabbard’s decision to resign as vice chair of the Democratic National Committee in 2016 to endorse Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) for president.

“It’s been payback hell ever since,” Jones charged.

He later added, “I do not want somebody of her [Clinton’s] stature to legitimate these kind of attacks against anybody ― if you’ve got real evidence, come forward with it, but if you’re just going to smear people casually on podcast, you’re playing right into the Russians’ hands.”

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Since this was in that article, I'm going to take a minute to make sure it doesn't get lost in the shuffle...
    I'm loving that conspiracy theory that Tulsi Gabbard is somehow a completely respectable Democrat who is getting payback for some thing or the other, when she is a burning dumpster fire politician with more skeletons in the closet than a Halloween popup store.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Heard about that on the news this morning. Another lie by Caramel Caligula. I wonder if those troops were told (or perhaps, misled) that they were returning to the States before being diverted to Iraq?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!