Page 6 of 234 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Will Marvel Make Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch Mutants Again in 2019?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...again-in-2019/
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Well, if there is any retconing of the AXIS retcon, it better include a DNA test

I hope that, if they make her Magneto's daughter(and/or a mutant) again, they just make it so Magneto x Natalya were a thing. I would hate if they just retconned everything back to how it was before and everything that came later is wrong or whatever.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Will Marvel Make Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch Mutants Again in 2019?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...again-in-2019/
    Hopefully, just so this kind of article will never ever bring this up again and talk about stuff that actually matters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I hope that, if they make her Magneto's daughter(and/or a mutant) again, they just make it so Magneto x Natalya were a thing. I would hate if they just retconned everything back to how it was before and everything that came later is wrong or whatever.
    It should of never happened in the first place. The creation of Natayla is slapping fans in the face. She was created out of greed.

And look at what's happened to Wanda now that she isnt a mutant...she can barely be found. Now even Elizabeth Olsen wants a solo movie and doesnt want some phony Marvel pushed power origin that screws up her up from this point forward.
    Last edited by MichelleDiMera; 01-07-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    It should of never happened in the first place. The creation of Natayla is slapping fans in the face. She was created out of greed.

And look at what's happened to Wanda now that she isnt a mutant...she can barely be found.
    But she's a lot easier to find than in the House of M era when they were playing up her status as Magneto's daughter.

Generally, the less important Magneto is in her life, the more important Wanda is as a character. It's different with Pietro.

They can't do two series about each twin and their actual histories and then immediately 180 for no real reason other than to tie them back to a franchise they're barely a part of.

And while she's had a dry season since No Surrender, most characters from that period of Avengers are having a dry season. And unlike Wanda, Falcon and Sunspot aren't going to basically be the main character of an event next month.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

And look at what's happened to Wanda now that she isnt a mutant...she can barely be found. Now even Elizabeth Olsen wants a solo movie and doesnt want some phony Marvel pushed power origin that screws up her up from this point forward.
    I will always appreciate Lizzie for bringing Wanda the benefit of cinematic presence. But let's say I am not really keen on her idea about Wanda solo movie. It's not her fault or anything but she just talks about HoM like every basic/casual fan.
    And the term "out of greed", I would actually feel flattered if Wanda is an asset to be desired by Marvel that they went length to take control over.
    Natalya's only crime is taking up pages and time that could otherwise be used to explore the more interesting and familiar stuff of Wanda, which is not about her Mutant/Magnus legacy.
    And her misfortune happened with AD/HoM, when she was everyone's most powerful Internet mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Well, if there is any retconing of the AXIS retcon, it better include a DNA test
    DNA tests don't even really matter in comics. Polaris had a DNA test that determined Mags wasn't her dad, and then it turned out he was anyway. It's like death or anything in real life that would be concrete. It just never sticks.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I will always appreciate Lizzie for bringing Wanda the benefit of cinematic presence. But let's say I am not really keen on her idea about Wanda solo movie. It's not her fault or anything but she just talks about HoM like every basic/casual fan.
    And the term "out of greed", I would actually feel flattered if Wanda is an asset to be desired by Marvel that they went length to take control over.
    Natalya's only crime is taking up pages and time that could otherwise be used to explore the more interesting and familiar stuff of Wanda, which is not about her Mutant/Magnus legacy.
    And her misfortune happened with AD/HoM, when she was everyone's most powerful Internet mutant.
    I don't honestly like Liz's version of Wanda. I don't think she has her personality down all that much. Wanda is way more strong of a personality. Most of the time Liz's Wanda is weepy. She's powerful, but not strong to me. It's like they only looked to the child-like version of Wanda that they created for Disassembled/HoM.

I liked Natayla she was a massive step up from Wanda's other "mum"'s

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    DNA tests don't even really matter in comics. Polaris had a DNA test that determined Mags wasn't her dad, and then it turned out he was anyway. It's like death or anything in real life that would be concrete. It just never sticks.
    Lorna had a DNA test which proved Magneto was her dad ,at least it's better evidence that taking things at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Lorna had a DNA test which proved Magneto was her dad ,at least it's better evidence that taking things at face value.
    Oh yeah, that's right it was that it determined she was and then they made him not her dad, and then her dad. But either way, they don't stick with stuff. And all of it is made up anyway. So it's not like it needs to be realistic. We are talking about people with powers no one in real life could ever possess, in an imaginary world. They'll likely just "magic" it back into existence.

Oh yeah, that's right it was that it determined she was and then they made him not her dad, and then her dad. But either way, they don't stick with stuff. And all of it is made up anyway. So it's not like it needs to be realistic. We are talking about people with powers no one in real life could ever possess, in an imaginary world. They'll likely just "magic" it back into existence.
    I know they don't, DNA test can be manipulated (Clone Saga, I'm looking at you) but it's better than taking the word of a Talking Cow or a villain at face-value.

Extraordinary Member

I don't honestly like Liz's version of Wanda. I don't think she has her personality down all that much. Wanda is way more strong of a personality. Most of the time Liz's Wanda is weepy. She's powerful, but not strong to me. It's like they only looked to the child-like version of Wanda that they created for Disassembled/HoM.
    This is part of the problem with being a small character in a big movie. She and Vision get like two big scenes per film and their big scenes in Infinity War were all about her trying to save his life and then having to take his life. They never had time to show us why they were attracted to each other or anything else like that, plus they weren't able to talk to anyone except each other.

Also I think for all the flaws of Avengers: Age of Ultron and her silly accent, that version was a little tougher than the one we've seen under the Russo brothers, but that might just be because she was on the side of the villains for half that movie. But hopefully if the Vision/Wanda series goes ahead she can get a chance to bring some of that back (without the accent).