Page 6 of 151 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The outfit is very similar as is the hairstyle. I think that is intended to be Jean, not simply someone that looks like her. Scott may be having a dream where events from PR may be remembered even if he isnt quite sure how.
    Maybe he was actually in the same dream sequence as Jean was in PR? Only for Wifi to find a way to pull him out?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It looks like we'll be getting some Scott and Jean interacting in UXM 11 in some capacity

It's cool but i think its just a little homage to phoenix resurrection Scott was there so Jean is on this.
    he also put red and slym on multipleman
    hgckmh.jpg

Rosenberg seems to be a huge jott shipper, he can't pair them together and he said they need to be apart at the moment but at least he respects the relationship and that's cool, a huge difference to other writers that only took jabs at the relationship.
    Zac thompson seems to be a fan of the relationship too. so i hope that regardless of what happens things are handled with respect and care. of course they wont get together but this can still be something meaningful
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-13-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Rosenberg seems to be a huge jott shipper, he can't pair them together and he said they need to be apart at the moment but at least he respects the relationship and that's cool, a huge difference to other writers that only took jabs at the relationship.
    Zac thompson seems to be a fan of the relationship too. so i hope that regardless of what happens things are handled with respect and care. of course they wont get together but this can still be something meaningful
    They're fans. That doesn't mean they're shippers. We'll have to wait and see what happens after "Age of X" and this big event involving Liefeld.

I'm sure Jean will get with Bishop and Scott will be single for a while and then jump into a relationship.
    I know they aren't getting together any time soon (if ever) but i really wanted their reunion to be special. Their absence from each other lives has been a huge part since morrison, these characters are a huge part of each other to this day that i really wanted something significant.
    like we had Jean Scott missing Jean all the time and then Jean. It would be so dumb if they act like nothing
    hckht.jpg
    greykjh.jpg
    _______meanttobe.jpg

I do hope they treat the relationship with care even if it ends (again). God knows their relationship would be in a better place if their break up would have been more respectful

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm sure Jean will get with Bishop and Scott will be single for a while and then jump into a relationship.
    I know they aren't getting together any time soon (if ever) but i really wanted their reunion to be special. Their absence from each other lives has been a huge part since morrison, these characters are a huge part of each other to this day that i really wanted something significant.
    like we had Jean Scott missing Jean all the time and then Jean. It would be so dumb if they act like nothing
    hckht.jpg
    greykjh.jpg
    _______meanttobe.jpg
    I feel like the progress their younger selves made will quicken the pace for their reunion. Jean and Bishop feels like a consolation prize for the time Scott spent with Emma. I have hope but feel that the worse might happen, especially on Scott's side. Jean was fortunate enough to be dead while he was with Emma but it doesn't seem as if Scott is as lucky. I feel that Marvel still has more in mind to mess with him. We'll just have to wait and see.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I feel like the progress their younger selves made will quicken the pace for their reunion. Jean and Bishop feels like a consolation prize for the time Scott spent with Emma. I have hope but feel that the worse might happen, especially on Scott's side. Jean was fortunate enough to be dead while he was with Emma but it doesn't seem as if Scott is as lucky. I feel that Marvel still has more in mind to mess with him. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Why would that quicken the pace? Their younger selves danced around each other about 15 (or 27, if you count AoC&P) years ago for them

Why would that quicken the pace? Their younger selves danced around each other about 15 (or 27, if you count AoC&P) years ago for them
    While their past versions are completely different and hadn't directly experienced everything their older selves did, it at least exposed them to the worst aspects/traits of their lives up to that point. If they were able to get close at the end despite those difficulties, part of the initial shock and emotional workaround should be unnecessary as it was dealt with earlier in their lives. In other words, their younger selves at least began a part of the healing process back then even though it was as a younger and somewhat detached version.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

While their past versions are completely different and hadn't directly experienced everything their older selves did, it at least exposed them to the worst aspects/traits of their lives up to that point. If they were able to get close at the end despite those difficulties, part of the initial shock and emotional workaround should be unnecessary as it was dealt with earlier in their lives. In other words, their younger selves at least began a part of the healing process back then even though it was as a younger and somewhat detached version.
    I dont see how thats relevant though as that happened over 15 years ago to Scott and Jean. All the stuff including their relationship, marriage and downfall happened chronologically after their teen selves got a glimpse of the future. That stuff is a memory of something that happened a long time ago when they were kids. I dont see it informing them now

I dont see how thats relevant though as that happened over 15 years ago to Scott and Jean. All the stuff including their relationship, marriage and downfall happened chronologically after their teen selves got a glimpse of the future. That stuff is a memory of something that happened a long time ago when they were kids. I dont see it informing them now
    Good point, for some reason, mainly due to extermination, I was under the impression that their regained memories felt relatively fresh.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Mighty Member

It all depends on when Jean gets her memories back after "Age of X-Man" and how she reacts to that.

Marvel's goal is to subvert expectations and surprise. Right now, most readers are expecting a big, lovey-dovey reunion between Scott and Jean at some point so I think Marvel wants to avoid that at all costs.

What I expect instead is something like this: Jean and Bishop (or whoever) are together as a couple coming out of "Age of X-Man". Either toward the end of that or not long after, Jean gets her memories back and remembers her marriage to Scott. Love triangle with much angsting ensues. Because the relationship is new and shiny, Marvel will have Jean choose to remain with Bishop (or whoever). "She still loves Scott, but this new relationship makes her feel new/alive again/things she's never felt before" or somesuch. Scott will accept but mope about it, but he and Jean will still be friends. That will then be the status quo for some time. Eventually, however (once the new and shiny wears off for Marvel), Jean will start to think about Scott again. At around the same time, Scott will hook up with someone else. The emotional see-saw will go on for a while with Scott and Jean alternatingly pining for each other. Then, maybe, once Marvel doesn't think the readership is expecting it anymore, Marvel will put Scott and Jean back together again.

I'm rather "been there, done that" about the whole prospect, but 'tis how the game is played.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    It all depends on when Jean gets her memories back after "Age of X-Man" and how she reacts to that.

Marvel's goal is to subvert expectations and surprise. Right now, most readers are expecting a big, lovey-dovey reunion between Scott and Jean at some point so I think Marvel wants to avoid that at all costs.

What I expect instead is something like this: Jean and Bishop (or whoever) are together as a couple coming out of "Age of X-Man". Either toward the end of that or not long after, Jean gets her memories back and remembers her marriage to Scott. Love triangle with much angsting ensues. Because the relationship is new and shiny, Marvel will have Jean choose to remain with Bishop (or whoever). "She still loves Scott, but this new relationship makes her feel new/alive again/things she's never felt before" or somesuch. Scott will accept but mope about it, but he and Jean will still be friends. That will then be the status quo for some time. Eventually, however (once the new and shiny wears off for Marvel), Jean will start to think about Scott again. At around the same time, Scott will hook up with someone else. The emotional see-saw will go on for a while with Scott and Jean alternatingly pining for each other. Then, maybe, once Marvel doesn't think the readership is expecting it anymore, Marvel will put Scott and Jean back together again.

I'm rather "been there, done that" about the whole prospect, but 'tis how the game is played.
    I honestly believe this is no coincidence. I mean i don't have a problem with Jean starting a relationship but the timing is very clever.
    Just when Scott comes back conveniently Jean goes to an AU and starts a relationship. It's clear is to keep them apart and cause drama. nobody really likes that. When you read about romance you want to read about love, respect, loyalty and chemistry not "will they wont they" and drama. people these days don't have patience for that. If Jean hooks up with anybody and marvel jumps to the fun people will have fun, the same with Scott. why even root for something that may not happen?

I know the point of jott is being these soulmates that something unique, everybody can kiss and have relationships but not all were made for each other but if marvel gives less drama to other relationships and pure angst between jean and scott is pretty difficult to buy it. Like if marvel treated the relationship less bad and do more cool stuff with them they could have one of the greatest romances on comicbooks again but they prefer to neglect it in favor of literally anything else. the most basic and boring ship looks cool if marvel keeps trying to crap on jean and scott.

I think you're right about how marvel is going to handle the whole thing though. Really sad how the greatest romance on the x-men has been treated
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-15-2019 at 09:17 AM.

BANNED

Really not sure why people here think Jean will get together with Bishop

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Really not sure why people here think Jean will get together with Bishop
    Bleedingcool confirmed it. and all the other guys there are like family to her. bishop was the only one not close to her, without an stablished relationship and without other important love interest.
    Like if you think about it Bishop biggest connections are Gambit, Jubilee and somehow Cable and Hope. So he was pretty free for that
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-15-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    I disagree.

But, then, I'm an old fart. I've been an X-fan and a Jott shipper since 1991. To me, Scott and Jean's relationship has already been "earned". Those dues have already been paid multiple times over and with interest. I don't need to read and have no interest in their "getting together" story. I've already read that story. Scott and Jean picking up where they left off is exactly the story I want to read.

In my mind, Scott and Jean are middle-aged and world-weary, scarred by years of upheaval and trauma. At the same time, they know each other inside and out. Given their history, they know each other better than two people ever have. The appropriate question before them isn't "who are we to each other?"; they already know that. The appropriate question is "where do we go from here?".

Marvel, though, is approaching them as if they're still relatively young--27-30ish and still establishing themselves in the scheme of things. Newer X-Men fans, particularly those who've only started reading in the past few years, only know Jott as a historical artifact, and that's who Marvel is aiming at. The more I think about it, the more I think Marvel could be out to effectively hit the reset button on Scott and Jean and do another cycle of the will-they-or-won't-they phase of their relationship. If for no other reason than to give the current generation of readers their own version of Jott.
    I agree, with the bolded especially. I do think there's something to your theory of re-hashing for a new generation of readers. I'm not convinced though that this new generation of X-Men readers really exists in any significant numbers, beyond Marvel's flights of imaginative fancy. Regardless, "picking up right where they left off" is a poison pill proposition for today's Marvel. Another poster suggested that Marvel is thinking "Jean hooking up with Bishop is just leveling the playing field after the Emma thing". Sadly this kind of perspective seems to embody the new guiding principles of Marvel.

Even if I could believe that Jean would ditch Scott permanently due to their history or vice versa, Marvel doesn't have the guts to go there. No, instead it seems they're dead set on tossing Jean into a few flings of some sort along the way, in some attempt at moral equivalence before doubling down on the Jott drama a year or so down the road. The two realistic scenarios, given this couple's history, is either a clean break or a very brief reconciliation period followed by a return to the status quo of the mid to late 90's.