Page 45 of 234 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Great to see Wanda's new Disney+ series being confirmed. As for the name I like it it's like Television but about Wanda, also it soulds like a ship

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Great to see Wanda's new Disney+ series being confirmed. As for the name I like it it's like Television but about Wanda, also it soulds like a ship
    I'm not a fan of the name myself, but it's not bad. As you mentioned it is kind of tongue-in-cheek, but what bothers me is that I would have liked some in canon acknowledgment of her code name. Robbing her of her code name is one more thing that distances this interpretation from her comic counterpart.

She has different powers, a very different costume, no real ties to magic and no mention of her code name. With almost every step they take for this character she feels less and less like Wanda to me. I still love Elizabeth in the MCU and what she had brought to the table, but she could almost be an entirely different character.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 04-12-2019 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I'm not a fan of the name myself, but it's not bad. As you mentioned it is kind of tongue-in-cheek, but what bothers me is that I would have liked some in canon acknowledgment of her code name. Robbing her of her code name is one more thing that distances this interpretation from her comic counterpart.

She has different powers, a very different costume, no real ties to magic and no mention of her code name. With almost every step they take for this character she feels less and less like Wanda to me. I still love Elizabeth in the MCU and what she had brought to the table, but she could almost be an entirely different character.
    Maybe she's a Skrull.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Maybe she's a Skrull.
    That will be some weird development.

If it was supposed to be like a ship name, they should have went with ScarletVision. That's what everyone actually calls the ship on twitter, tumblr, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I liked the moment in Vision and Scarlet Witch comic when Wanda said they both didn't have a surname and they were not Wanda and Vision.
    But this is a crappy title TBH. I hope they got some actually good content. And of course, please be HoM elements free, show the general audience and fans that Wanda has better stories than that overrated ****.
    But Wanda DOES have one....
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not after marrying an androiad without one apparently. Haha.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wanda started out without a surname and Jarvis had to call her Miss Wanda.
    Later her full name was changed to Wanda Frank post Whizzer/Miss America retcon, after Magneto/Wundagore/Chthon/Django retcon, she kinda reverted back to being just Wanda instead of using Magnus or Maximoff surname.
    By the time of Vision and Scarlet Witch written by Englehart, Wanda said she is not Wanda Frank/Maximoff/Magnus, but just Wanda. She also didn't try to give Thomas/William surnames when Simon suggest giving them Williams surname since he saw Vision as a brother and thus a Williams.
    I think it's until 90s that she was officially and regularly called Wanda Maximoff all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    If it was supposed to be like a ship name, they should have went with ScarletVision. That's what everyone actually calls the ship on twitter, tumblr, etc.
    True, but remember Wanda has never been called Scarlet Witch in the MCU apart from the Merchandise, so not putting Scarlet Witch or Scarlet in the title is correct from a MCU point of view

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    True, but remember Wanda has never been called Scarlet Witch in the MCU apart from the Merchandise, so not putting Scarlet Witch or Scarlet in the title is correct from a MCU point of view
    Carol was also never called Captain Marvel, there is some double standard.
    Anyway I just want her codename known, also I wish people who are interested in her didn't miss this show because of this lame title. (I mean, if I want to search for potential content, I would use "Scarlet Witch" instead of "Wanda")

It is possible that she hasn’t earned the title Scarlet Witch yet. She may earn the title as a result of character development in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Carol was also never called Captain Marvel, there is some double standard.
    Anyway I just want her codename known, also I wish people who are interested in her didn't miss this show because of this lame title. (I mean, if I want to search for potential content, I would use "Scarlet Witch" instead of "Wanda")
    True, I wouldn't be surprised if Carol is called Captain Marvel in Endgame. Also Carol is called Captain Marvel in Marvel's other media and she's wearing that costume.

Also WandaVison could also mean they are focusing the two's relationship and less about them being heroes

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    That's fair. I personally find her more like her comics counterpart than other versions of Wanda in other media, but that's mostly because the other versions all played up her role as Magneto's daughter/member of the Brotherhood. The movie version at least has her working for the bad guys/face-turning and joining the Avengers/falling in love with Vision/hated and feared for her powers.

The problem is they've had to do all this with like 15 minutes of screen time per movie, so the real test will be whether this series fleshes out her character or not.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...ney/ar-BBVRc0R

Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen will reprise their respective "Avengers" roles as The Vision and Wanda Maximoff (aka Scarlet Witch) in "WandaVision." Feige didn't provide a lot of details, but he showed the audience concept art that featured the two Avengers in a black and white photo dressed in 1950's fashion. The spinoff series is scheduled to premiere in year two of Disney+'s launch.

Elizabeth Olsen Responds to the ‘WandaVision’ News From Disney+
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/04...-paul-bettany/
    Last edited by Witchfan; 04-12-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    That's fair. I personally find her more like her comics counterpart than other versions of Wanda in other media, but that's mostly because the other versions all played up her role as Magneto's daughter/member of the Brotherhood. The movie version at least has her working for the bad guys/face-turning and joining the Avengers/falling in love with Vision/hated and feared for her powers.

The problem is they've had to do all this with like 15 minutes of screen time per movie, so the real test will be whether this series fleshes out her character or not.
    The biggest difference that I noticed was personality. Wanda in the movies is much less vocal and has far less attitude than Wanda. She's more weepy and passive. She comes off more like Wanda in those HoM moments where they actually allowed her to be lucid. They'll likely have to let her talk more in this. But we'll see if the other parts of her personality change.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 04-12-2019 at 01:03 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.