Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman #771 Discussion/Spoilers

Oh hi Dr. Psycho....

DR. PSYCHO?!?!

Indeed!

Gosh, this whole Issue just makes me happy. I love where both stories are taking us.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Oh hi Dr. Psycho....

DR. PSYCHO?!?!

What?! Oh I need to get this ASAP! Will be back with my opinions later.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    What?! Oh I need to get this ASAP! Will be back with my opinions later.
    I patiently await your return, friend!

I thought this was a good continuation from the previous issue, they squeezed a lot into this one issue.

The backup feature showing the goddesses (Artemis, Athena, Aphrodite, Demeter, Hestia) as the main patrons of Theymscira was a nice detail there.

Did Diana torture Pyscho?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I thought this was a good continuation from the previous issue, they squeezed a lot into this one issue.

The backup feature showing the goddesses (Artemis, Athena, Aphrodite, Demeter, Hestia) as the main patrons of Theymscira was a nice detail there.

Did Diana torture Pyscho?
    Yes(?) but considering he didn't have a scratch on him I'm pretty sure the "torture" started and stopped with her tying him to a chair.

Not hard to believe considering Pyscho is a coward.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Ugh, unfortunately my closest comic shop isn't open today for me to go on my lunch break. Will have to go tomorrow or the day after.

But glad to see we're already getting a classic WW foe! Is Psycho his normal self just in Asgard, or is he a "character" in Valhalla that represents him?

Are the past 20+ issues in a collected edition?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Ugh, unfortunately my closest comic shop isn't open today for me to go on my lunch break. Will have to go tomorrow or the day after.

But glad to see we're already getting a classic WW foe! Is Psycho his normal self just in Asgard, or is he a "character" in Valhalla that represents him?
    His normal self, sort of. He uses occult magic to project himself into Valhalla.

His dialogue suggests he’s been doing this a while.

I loved the main story and liked the backup story.

Diana going on various quests feels very video game-y to me, in a good way. The setting and art work perfectly and I'm really invested so far. But my favorite part of the run so far... Diana's voice is great. She has some sass and bite to her that we've rarely seen in her... it feels very Marston and I'm all here for it.

Highlight for me was watching Ratotosk cheer on Diana as she fights some "muck" Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

He's "astrally projecting" himself into Asgard, which he calls his "safe space". There's definitely something up with it, but I love that they're weaving in classic villains. Still holding out for Gundra!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    He's "astrally projecting" himself into Asgard, which he calls his "safe space". There's definitely something up with it, but I love that they're weaving in classic villains. Still holding out for Gundra!
    Lol that little *******.

Can't wait to read this! And yes, I think odds are good Gundra will be in this.

Also Odin just chilling was a mood.

Read this last night! Was grinning from ear to ear! Such an amazing issue! I’m loving both stories of Diana! Also loving how face pace the story is actually moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Are the past 20+ issues in a collected edition?
    No

The latest collection stops at issue #50. Honestly though, you don't need to read any of them for this story if you are interested.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Dr. Psycho's appearance was a terrific surprise! The sinister, manipulative portrayal of him was spot-on. Thor was a nice contrast to the Marvel version. I hope we see more of him in the next few issues to see how he's further defined in the DCU. I'm a bit worried about Diana's plan to hide inside the eagle egg. Even if she gets the key, how the heck is she going to get out of that giant snake???
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.