Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Which is why mutants like Storm ultimately can't do jack to stop the Mist in the long run. They can deter it for a bit, but the Mist goes where it will and it WILL get there no matter what.
    Which is why it needs to go. It's a relentless cloud of murder.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    they've just given young Cyclops a prominent position in the Champions book.

By insistence of Waid , himself said this was not planned, he insisted that he wanted the character. old Cyclops is oficially dead since december.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bubibartra View Post
    By insistence of Waid , himself said this was not planned, he insisted that he wanted the character. old Cyclops is oficially dead since december.

Great. Now they can fix the true Cyclops to be the great leader he used to be. Not that tainted reimagined Emma Frost version.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Which is why mutants like Storm ultimately can't do jack to stop the Mist in the long run. They can deter it for a bit, but the Mist goes where it will and it WILL get there no matter what

thats not true. storm should and can control the mist
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-16-2016 at 06:06 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Great. Now they can fix the true Cyclops to be the great leader he used to be. Not that tainted reimagined Emma Frost version.
    I think Cyclops be temporary. for a simple reason .. movies. if Champions triumphs as a youth concept, they can take it to the movies ... with Kamala kahn, Nova Vision, Amadeus cho, Miles Morales ... it can be a great youth group in the future to make a movie. It has all the ingredients: Rebel young adults face heroes, much diversity (an Asian, a Muslim girl, a Hispanic black boy). But marvel, can not afford to make a new youth group of heroes with a mutant as one of the main pillars.

or Champios is temporary or Cylops is temporary. Cyclops is there for Waid, will sooner or later return to mutants titles, because the mutants should be so not to hinder future bring stories to film.

Doom is diferente because in 6 years probably Disney recovery the rights of fantastic four but Fox not will release the mutants... Deadpool is in the lot.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if in this M-Pox/Terrigen cloud storyline they'll address the notion that Inhumans can be mutants, and mutants can be Inhumans. Black Bolt himself is a 'mutant' among his people, being born with powers even before Terrigenesis (as was Karnak, IIRC), and now that there are a large population of 'regular people' with Inhuman DNA, it stands to reason that some of them might also be mutants. (And not just Luna, daughter of Crystal and Quicksilver, who has previously been described as a 'flatscan' but, like most mutants, who seem undetectable as such until puberty, she could just be awaiting her big day.)

If there's a cure, it might be these mutant/Inhuman hybrids that hold the answer, and there might even be some added incentive for the Inhumans to get on the cure-wagon if Black Bolt gets M-Pox...

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I wonder if in this M-Pox/Terrigen cloud storyline they'll address the notion that Inhumans can be mutants, and mutants can be Inhumans. Black Bolt himself is a 'mutant' among his people, being born with powers even before Terrigenesis (as was Karnak, IIRC), and now that there are a large population of 'regular people' with Inhuman DNA, it stands to reason that some of them might also be mutants. (And not just Luna, daughter of Crystal and Quicksilver, who has previously been described as a 'flatscan' but, like most mutants, who seem undetectable as such until puberty, she could just be awaiting her big day.)

If there's a cure, it might be these mutant/Inhuman hybrids that hold the answer, and there might even be some added incentive for the Inhumans to get on the cure-wagon if Black Bolt gets M-Pox...
    Quicksilver is not a mutant anymore, you know.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Black Bolt has powers from birth because his parents made an experiment by exposing him to the mists while he was in his mother's womb, much like what happened with Inferno's nephew/niece, but this one was because of the T-Cloud.
    Karnak doesn't have, and never had, any powers that came from the Mists. His skills come from philosophical meditation and martial arts training, exactly like Iron Fist's powers.
    Since Quicksilver isn't a mutant anymore (let's see how long "this" retcon will last...) Luna also isn't one. She's now a inhuman with part DNA of human with a magical bloodline who was experimented upon with superscience.(*eye roll emoji that doesn't exist in this forum*)
    Everything Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

thats not true. storm should and can control the mist
    This time. Next time, the Mist may not be so easily stopped.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Well, in that time, she could only stop the cloud from advancing for a limited time; so yeah, apparently, she cant control it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

hmmm no. there is no reason to believe she would have amy future problems with controlling the mist.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, in that time, she could only stop the cloud from advancing for a limited time; so yeah, apparently, she cant control it.
    no.. where in that issue did it state or did she state she could only control the clouds for a limited time? she told her team she can redirect the mist and didnt put a condition that because its sentient or equivalent she could only redirect it 4 a limited time. in fact she did it quite effortlessly. she moved the t-mist from the city and out into the ocean where it couldnt harm any mutants
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-17-2016 at 01:14 AM.

BANNED

Storm can create winds to move terrigen mists but so what? It can't save mutants.

We have terrigen in the air (and mists - where we have more Terrigen)
    Mutants are sterile because of terrigen in the air(Extraordinary issue1) and after long time they will be sick or dead(Uncanny Avengers 1)

Storm can move mists to other places but it only saves them temporarily. She can't change air.

Or at least this sound reasonable.

I was under the impression this Event is one huge Flashback answering the Question what Cyclops did that made everybody hate him or at least I think I remember reading that somewhere.
    In that case we already know the outcome, no?
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

BANNED

Matternativ
    Death of X - flashback
    Inhumans vs X men - this is not a flashback so we don't know the outcome

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I was under the impression this Event is one huge Flashback answering the Question what Cyclops did that made everybody hate him or at least I think I remember reading that somewhere.
    In that case we already know the outcome, no?
    That would be the mini-series of Death of X which would explain all of that.