Page 97 of 133 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1989

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    From JLA #191:

Giving a portion of her life span energy so the Key won't be in a life threatening dwarf state forever.

Bonus scene: using the flash pellets because her own powers have been diminished:

Ah yes that one my favorite JLA Satelite Era along some earlier issue when She got chosen as the chairman of JLA. Have these stylish 80s Zatanna by Martini Jordan

Tumblr_l_1660785405137517.jpg
    Tumblr_l_1660720116990667.jpg
    https://martinijordan.tumblr.com/pos...-the-limelight

I do hope Zatanna could progress far better in characterization than now in JLD, I think I see Ram V once talked about character progression and from the glimpse of Future State, I believe She gonna be better in characterization and leadership.
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 09-14-2021 at 04:48 PM.

My all-time favorite article about how rules, limitations and costs on magic can make for some great stories:

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/0...-magic-system/

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Ah yes that one my favorite JLA Satelite Era along some earlier issue when She got chosen as the chairman of JLA. Have these stylish 80s Zatanna by Martini Jordan

Tumblr_l_1660785405137517.jpg
    Tumblr_l_1660720116990667.jpg

I do hope Zatanna could progress far better in characterization than now in JLD, I think I see Ram V once talked about character progression and from the glimpse of Future State, I think she gonna be better in leadership.
    I love this Zatanna art .

Adam Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    My all-time favorite article about how rules, limitations and costs on magic can make for some great stories:

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/0...-magic-system/
    My biggest problem with Zee right here 😭

Even worse when she's less of a fun magician and just kinda there.

Quote Originally Posted by comic_creechur View Post
    My biggest problem with Zee right here ��

Even worse when she's less of a fun magician and just kinda there.
    Zatanna should be fun. Kinda surprised to hear she's sorta passive these days. I thought Zatanna has to pay a heavy price for magic use at the moment!

I don't really have a problem with the JLD storyline yet. We know the more she uses her magic, the more control the UDM gets. So there is a cost, in a sense. I'm curious to see where it goes. If it ends up with Constantine saving the day in any way shape, form or fashion, then I won't be happy.

And like others, I'm hoping this arc concludes with her adopting the FS look.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    I don't really have a problem with the JLD storyline yet. We know the more she uses her magic, the more control the UDM gets. So there is a cost, in a sense. I'm curious to see where it goes. If it ends up with Constantine saving the day in any way shape, form or fashion, then I won't be happy.

And like others, I'm hoping this arc concludes with her adopting the FS look.
    Yeah, there's definitely a cost. Or consequence. Or whatever you wanna call it. So I like that. I guess DC is still doing the whole "magic has a price" thing (which is good in my opinion). And it's also nice Zatanna doesn't have to throw up before casting a spell like Doctor Strange does. Boy, fans in this thread sure HATE the Zatanna X Constantine ship. I thought Zatanna was a bright and cheerful person and Constantine is a dark and brooding kind of guy. Very strange pairing.

Yeah, there's definitely a cost. Or consequence. Or whatever you wanna call it. So I like that. I guess DC is still doing the whole "magic has a price" thing (which is good in my opinion). And it's also nice Zatanna doesn't have to throw up before casting a spell like Doctor Strange does. Boy, fans in this thread sure HATE the Zatanna X Constantine ship. I thought Zatanna was a bright and cheerful person and Constantine is a dark and brooding kind of guy. Very strange pairing.
    Yeah I mean Constantine are always successfully bringing worst side of Zee (miss her fun side now) or the writer tend to wanking Constantine the same like Batman
    Tumblr_l_1660762308471484.jpg

Yeah I mean Constantine are always successfully bringing worst side of Zee (miss her fun side now) or the writer tend to wanking Constantine the same like Batman
    Tumblr_l_1660762308471484.jpg
    I guess Constantine has replaced Zatanna as the DC Universe's main magic user then?

I guess Constantine has replaced Zatanna as the DC Universe's main magic user then?
    can't say so, both got more spotlights in every media nowday for sure. In universe people already know working with Constantine usually end with disasters so They still seek Zatanna for magical assistance

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post

New Talent Showcase 2018

This one short encapsulates everything I want from Zatanna. Mixing stage magic with real magic. Using trickery and deception rather than solely relying on magic. Also getting her personality right.
    I really like that issue, and You are right love the upbeat personality of her there.

For me my personal event for Zee is when she defeating Upside Down Man especially this panel when she is on her classic Outfit

Also her showdown with Pralaya at the first JLD run. I'm sucker for cosmic space horror
    I second these choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    XM Studios Zatanna

I'm normally not into action figures but these are great.

Quote Originally Posted by comic_creechur View Post
    Welp just got done with JLD from 2011 and 2018 all for current Zatanna... cringe. I have no opinion of her in that more gothic new edgy corset look because the story esp the first one was so bad. That retcon with her and John and her dad was crap I'm sorry I can't stand Constantine. He can't even take responsibility, nooo it was all planned. 🙄

Is there anything after that of Zatanna that's worth reading? I'm assuming all the JLD spin-offs are similar?
    Here is a reading list I put together a couple of years back. It needs a few updates but there are stuff here that you won't find recommended anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Once again Ram V writes Zatanna screaming for Constantine's help. I'm getting Jean Grey in X-men: TAS vibes from his take on her.
    The issue's ending did raise my hopes for her to have more agency in the future, but I can't say I like how she's been written so far.
    I haven't read the issue yet so I'll reserve judgement but you just reminded me how 'noooo, I can't hold iiiiit' is my least favorite trope ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Are we not gonna get casting news of her at DCFandome?

Do we have a director for her film?
    No director or casting has been confirmed. We don't know if it will be confirmed in DCFandom either. We are just going to have to be patient until the event happens.

I do hope Zatanna could progress far better in characterization than now in JLD, I think I see Ram V once talked about character progression and from the glimpse of Future State, I believe She gonna be better in characterization and leadership.
    That is some good fan art.

Yeah, we are getting so little content per issue. Not Ram V's fault. I think all of it would read better in trade.

DC's never had a strong consistent rule set for magic like Marvel does.

You're correct that Zatanna is the bright cheerful person and the contrast between her and John Constantine, who is dark and moody is what DC is going for and that's what attracts people to the pairing. Though Pre-Nu52 these two characters weren't so attached to each other and tying them so closely to each other has lead to Zatanna's own wits and creativity to diminish. She went from someone who could have been a standalone 'lead' to basically Constantine' girlfriend and we barely even get to see her own supporting cast nor her own mythology being built up. There is also the fact that he lies and manipulates her but the narrative requires her to keep coming back to him despite that. Pre-Nu52 Zee would have never put up with someone like John. That's why some of us aren't a big fan of the pairing.

DC doesn't really have a 'main' magic guy the same way Marvel has Dr Strange. Usually most teams have their designated magician like the JL has Zatanna, JSA has Dr Fate, Titans have Raven and Tim's Teen Titans had Zachary on it. Constantine being the face of DC's magic side was something DC started pushing postNu52. Prior to that he was on the periphery in Hellblazer and barely interacted with the 'main' DCU.

I second these choices.

Here is a reading list I put together a couple of years back. It needs a few updates but there are stuff here that you won't find recommended anywhere else.

I haven't read the issue yet so I'll reserve judgement but you just reminded me how 'noooo, I can't hold iiiiit' is my least favorite trope ever.

No director or casting has been confirmed. We don't know if it will be confirmed in DCFandom either. We are just going to have to be patient until the event happens.

Yeah, we are getting so little content per issue. Not Ram V's fault. I think all of it would read better in trade.

You're correct that Zatanna is the bright cheerful person and the contrast between her and John Constantine, who is dark and moody is what DC is going for and that's what attracts people to the pairing. Though Pre-Nu52 these two characters weren't so attached to each other and tying them so closely to each other has lead to Zatanna's own wits and creativity to diminish. She went from someone who could have been a standalone 'lead' to basically Constantine' girlfriend and we barely even get to see her own supporting cast nor her own mythology being built up. There is also the fact that he lies and manipulates her but the narrative requires her to keep coming back to him despite that. Pre-Nu52 Zee would have never put up with someone like John. That's why some of us aren't a big fan of the pairing.

DC doesn't really have a 'main' magic guy the same way Marvel has Dr Strange. Usually most teams have their designated magician like the JL has Zatanna, JSA has Dr Fate, Titans have Raven and Tim's Teen Titans had Zachary on it. Constantine being the face of DC's magic side was something DC started pushing postNu52. Prior to that he was on the periphery in Hellblazer and barely interacted with the 'main' DCU.
    I guess you could Zatanna is more their most consistently used magic character if she isn't their main one.

I second these choices.

But isn't being deceptive and shady sort of Constantine's MO? Zatanna should definitely know that. In general, I'm not in favor of characters with similar backgrounds (in terms of superpowers) getting together. It's kinda boring to me. Maybe the Zatanna movie will make the pairing more palatable to folks on this thread. I was more into the cosmic corner of the DC Universe, so my understanding of the magical side is lacking. To ME, it always seemed that Zatanna was the go-to girl when it came to mystical things at DC.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-16-2021 at 12:43 PM.

I don't love shipping Constantine-Zatanna, but I don't exactly hate it either. I enjoy Constantine as a character.

I don't like Zee going to him for help. I'm biased, but I think it should be the other way around. That's probably why I enjoy Everyday Magic.