Default Didja see the NEW LOONEY TUNES short ???

Apparently, Warner Bros. is producing a bunch of new 1 to 6 minute Looney Tunes shorts. Here are the details:

Quote Originally Posted by Press Release
    About Looney Tunes Cartoons

Looney Tunes Cartoons is a series of new short form cartoons starring the iconic and beloved Looney Tunes characters. With a crew of some of the premier artists working in animation today, each “season” will produce 1,000 minutes of all-new Looney Tunes animation that will be distributed across multiple platforms — including digital, mobile and broadcast.

Looney Tunes Cartoons echoes the high production value and process of the original Looney Tunes theatrical shorts, with a cartoonist-driven approach to storytelling. Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig and other marquee Looney Tunes characters will be featured in their classic pairings in simple, gag-driven and visually vibrant stories. Each cartoon will vary from one to six minutes in length and, from the premise on through to the jokes, will be “written” and drawn by the cartoonists, allowing their own personality and style to come through in each cartoon.

Looney Tunes Cartoons is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and features veteran Looney Tunes voice cast members, including Eric Bauza, Jeff Bergman and Bob Bergen. Sam Register (Teen Titans Go!) and Peter Browngardt (Uncle Grandpa) serve as executive producers.

Warners has released the first short on YouTube. It's Bugs Bunny and Elmer, and it's called "Dynamite Dance." Kind of reminiscent of the "Rabbit of Seville" short with no dialogue.

I thought it was really good -- much better than their Looney Tunes revival attempts of the last few years. Let's hope subsequent shorts keep up the quality, and that there are voices in later installments that do the Mel Blanc originals justice.

The only distracting thing was Bugs' yellow gloves. That's going all the way back to "Elmer's Pet Rabbit" territory!

Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 06-13-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Funny, definitely reminds me of the classic Looney Tunes. Hope these shorts do well.

I love that it has the illusion that that was all a single, uninterrupted take (as opposed to different shots at different angles). It's so smooth.

About damn time.

So much awesomeness! I was so excited when this was announced a while back and finally seeing part of the first short shows that it may live up to the hype. It definitely has the classic feel, with the violent slapstick back in full force. I hated how Looney Tunes had seemingly disappeared in the last decade. Great to see the genius of those cartoons lives on.

For what it's worth, I felt like I was watching the climax to something as opposed to a whole short story.
    so is all the dynamite some kind of "anti-PC" reaction to trends in contemporary cartoons? Yeah, I get it, we folks of a certain age grew up watching the older stuff and 99% of us didn't end up trying to blow anybody up, but...

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I love that it has the illusion that that was all a single, uninterrupted take (as opposed to different shots at different angles). It's so smooth.
    Agreed. I'm always down for the "single-take" technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    For what it's worth, I felt like I was watching the climax to something as opposed to a whole short story...
    I agree. This felt like the climax to a larger story, but I thought it was fun all the same.

That said, since when have Bugs's gloves been cream colored? I always thought they were white.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    For what it's worth, I felt like I was watching the climax to something as opposed to a whole short story.
    so is all the dynamite some kind of "anti-PC" reaction to trends in contemporary cartoons? Yeah, I get it, we folks of a certain age grew up watching the older stuff and 99% of us didn't end up trying to blow anybody up, but...
    I don't think the dynamite is any sort of specific reaction to contemporary cartoons. Dynamite used so haphazardly in cartoons really started dying down in the 70s, which is pretty far from modern -- even Tiny Toons and Animaniacs used them sparingly. Unless you mean using dynamite in place of guns (Elmer's shotgun), to which then yeah, I could see that case.

Or, then again, 99% of us didn't try blowing anyone up because dynamite isn't readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post

That said, since when have Bugs's gloves been cream colored? I always thought they were white.
    I want to say he had cream colored gloves in the earlier days. Bugs' more smoother, rounder design here seems to be from the 40s. This version seems to be a mix of the second and third iterations:

Shout out to the 3rd, 4th, and 5th Bugseses in that picture. They're the ones I grew up watching. (I'm pretty sure the 6th one is the 80s/90s version, the one used in the late 80s shorts, Tiny Toons, and Space Jam)
    Last edited by Cyke; 06-14-2019 at 07:50 AM.

Bugs had yellow gloves in the old dell comic books.