Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Daredevil VS Magik

Netflix vs New Mutants Film version.

Who wins?

For the purpose of this fight do we assume that the Lockheed puppet can actually fly around and shoot fiery beams, or that it was just in Magik's head?

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    For the purpose of this fight do we assume that the Lockheed puppet can actually fly around and shoot fiery beams, or that it was just in Magik's head?
    What? I never thought that for a minute her powers made it real..... anyway this is a stomp for magik even without lock she can telport has the sord or can just BFR DD really there's nothing he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What? I never thought that for a minute her powers made it real..... anyway this is a stomp for magik even without lock she can telport has the sord or can just BFR DD really there's nothing he can do.
    Magik is maybe stronger given how high she jumped, but she isn’t as fast or agile as Matt. And with Matt’s senses he’ll know when she ports behind him. Matt should also be strong enough to hurt her with his billy club.

In order to BGR Matt she’d have to grapple with him for an extended period of time because she has to be touching someone to bring them into limbo from what we saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Magik is maybe stronger given how high she jumped, but she isn’t as fast or agile as Matt. And with Matt’s senses he’ll know when she ports behind him. Matt should also be strong enough to hurt her with his billy club.

In order to BGR Matt she’d have to grapple with him for an extended period of time because she has to be touching someone to bring them into limbo from what we saw.
    He gets hit by reagler people sooner or later she is going to tag him

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

He gets hit by reagler people sooner or later she is going to tag him
    He doesn't get hit by regular people one-on-one ever, and doesn't get tagged by them in group situations except when he's injured or broken or otherwise screwed up.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    He doesn't get hit by regular people one-on-one ever, and doesn't get tagged by them in group situations except when he's injured or broken or otherwise screwed up.
    By regular I mean people with out powers.

She can teleport, create a sword and armour for her arm, why would the dragon not be real as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    She can teleport, create a sword and armour for her arm, why would the dragon not be real as well?
    Because it's never commented upon by any of the other characters, never interacts with anything real in a tangible manner, and immediately returns to being a puppet. My impression when watching the movie at least was that it was deliberately ambiguous whether it was a real thing or not.

Anyway, if it's real then unless I'm forgetting some crazy feat for Daredevil I don't think he stands much of a chance between Magik's teleportation and Lockheed firing what might as well be laser beams given that Magik's 'fire' goes straight through metal.

Because it's never commented upon by any of the other characters, never interacts with anything real in a tangible manner, and immediately returns to being a puppet. My impression when watching the movie at least was that it was deliberately ambiguous whether it was a real thing or not.

Anyway, if it's real then unless I'm forgetting some crazy feat for Daredevil I don't think he stands much of a chance between Magik's teleportation and Lockheed firing what might as well be laser beams given that Magik's 'fire' goes straight through metal.
    I looked into a bit and it and the director says: "You still get Lockheed in a very similar way that you do in the comic, but we've tied him much more into [Illyana’s] powers and into Limbo." So I'd think Magik makes Lockheed with her Limbo powers. Though you are right no one really comments on it, so that it is odd.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

By regular I mean people with out powers.
    You really can't consider Bullseye or Fisk as "without powers" given how blatently they both break the laws of physics trivially. Just like Matt does himself. Obviously Elektra as Black Wind, Danny (who, to be fair, Matt kind of dominated), Stick and Nobu are expressly superpowered. The only weird one is Melvin Potter, who... is DD's comic enemy-turned-ally Gladiator which makes him a costumed bad/good guy, but who doesn't have all of that back-story in the show.

Outside of those, he gets hit a bit by normals - when he's fighting 30 at once and when he's already hurt or broken or tired or whatever. But when he's one on one with people who don't ignore reality, he treats them like a joke. Every time. And does that despite almost never being the one to initiate the fights, so it's not like he's fighting from surprise.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    You really can't consider Bullseye or Fisk as "without powers" given how blatently they both break the laws of physics trivially. Just like Matt does himself. Obviously Elektra as Black Wind, Danny (who, to be fair, Matt kind of dominated), Stick and Nobu are expressly superpowered. The only weird one is Melvin Potter, who... is DD's comic enemy-turned-ally Gladiator which makes him a costumed bad/good guy, but who doesn't have all of that back-story in the show.

Outside of those, he gets hit a bit by normals - when he's fighting 30 at once and when he's already hurt or broken or tired or whatever. But when he's one on one with people who don't ignore reality, he treats them like a joke. Every time. And does that despite almost never being the one to initiate the fights, so it's not like he's fighting from surprise.
    I haven't seen the show in awhile but I thought he got hit a few times by regular people wasn't there a hit Man? And that Ninja? I mean even comic DD gets hit by reagler goons now and then. I still think magik wins her powers are just too much for him to handle.

I never saw S3. Someday I'll finish off these netflix shows but its harder to want to since everything is non canon.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I never saw S3. Someday I'll finish off these netflix shows but its harder to want to since everything is non canon.
    As far as I know all the Netflix Hulu freefrom stuff is actually Canon

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Go for it man. Season 3 is gold. It really hits the bullseye.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.