Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566676869 LastLast

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I mean it's nice, but not totally accurate. They don't explain how she lost the Phoenix as Mother Askani, and it's up to debate about her splitting into two "people" when going to the future vs that happening after Jean and Cable "killed" Apocalypse's spirit from Cyclops causing the closure of that timeline, sending her adrift in the timestream where Gaunt found her sans PF.

Also is this even English: "While Rachel later wielded a portion of the Phoenix's power psychic and received a non-Phoenix power boost that gave her an even more expansive awareness of the world around her..." and what is this boost she got? Because I don't remember her having any boosts before getting the Echo, and then everything was ripped from her and set her back to zero. Are they talking about Guggs "boost" which was bringing her back to levels she had pre-UXM 199 or the Phoenix emblem on her eye which didn't give her a power boost so much as a shadow form that was stolen from Betsy?

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I mean it's nice, but not totally accurate. They don't explain how she lost the Phoenix as Mother Askani, and it's up to debate about her splitting into two "people" when going to the future vs that happening after Jean and Cable "killed" Apocalypse's spirit from Cyclops causing the closure of that timeline, sending her adrift in the timestream where Gaunt found her sans PF.

Also is this even English: "While Rachel later wielded a portion of the Phoenix's power psychic and received a non-Phoenix power boost that gave her an even more expansive awareness of the world around her..." and what is this boost she got? Because I don't remember her having any boosts before getting the Echo, and then everything was ripped from her and set her back to zero. Are they talking about Guggs "boost" which was bringing her back to levels she had pre-UXM 199 or the Phoenix emblem on her eye which didn't give her a power boost so much as a shadow form that was stolen from Betsy?
    Yeah, that summary wrapped up in an incoherent way. Still not clear if the writer is referring to the Phoenix as a sentient entity, or as a connection to a cosmic power source. Agreed, that the entity had left Rachel several times, but she still had a connection to the power for most of her life because she was the child of the Phoenix Force. That is until all connections to the Phoenix were removed from Rachel to set up AvX. It sucks that that happened, but in a way the Phoenix made Rachel the genetic offspring of Jean and Scott, so in a way Rachel finally 'born' in the 616 timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by I’m An Agent of Chaos View Post
    Rachel looks like actress Sophia Lillis in this panel. Who played a Jean Grey-esque character in Netflix’s I Am Not Okay With This.

Definitely has James Marsden’s eyes and smile.

Definitely has James Marsden’s eyes and smile.

OMG I never noticed this but it made my morning!

OMG I never noticed this but it made my morning!
    The casting would just be too perfect. Also, these films came out the same year with both featuring James McAvoy and Jessica Chastain.

Fantastic Member

Am I the only one who wants Rachel to show up in Avengers for like half a page and kind of look over Echo and say something like you're really just an echo aren't you? because that is not the full Phoenix in you. Trust me I would know. Or is that just starting stuff LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    Am I the only one who wants Rachel to show up in Avengers for like half a page and kind of look over Echo and say something like you're really just an echo aren't you? because that is not the full Phoenix in you. Trust me I would know. Or is that just starting stuff LOL
    I that the story they are telling with her, that's she's not in full control of the whole force? Honestly Rachel appearing and offering her assistance would be great, seeing as she's been one of the best and less problematic hosts. But Marvel is trying to minimize her time as Phoenix so that they can run with the "Phoenix Force Bad, ECHO GOOD" nonsense so I don't expect her to appear. we know Jean will, and they may throw Emma and Quentin in too for fun, or even Hope. But Rachel will be sidelined.

Separately, as it's come up in a few different threads, with the return of TAS and thinking about the future of the X-Men in films, how do you want Rachel to be incorporated?
    X-Men '97 - I would like the writers to revisit Days of Future Past sans Bishop and show the true hero of that timeline, Rachel. She made brief cameos before, but give her the opportunity to try and save things and get stuck in this timeline. bring Kitty and Kurt into the show and have them all leave to forge Excalibur but bring her in with the Hounds and Ahab. Would be really terrifying.

Film - I don't think Rachel should appear until Jean and Scott have been fleshed out, and having her appear at the end of a film in the credits and jumping to this timeline would set something in motion for a new and more accurate Days of Future Past.

Separately, as it's come up in a few different threads, with the return of TAS and thinking about the future of the X-Men in films, how do you want Rachel to be incorporated?
    I'd definitely be interested in seeing the Rachel/Cable relationship developed on-screen (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 11-18-2021 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

BANNED

Rachel looks like actress Sophia Lillis in this panel. Who played a Jean Grey-esque character in Netflix’s I Am Not Okay With This.

WW She's cute... I must download "I Am Not Okay With This".

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    WW She's cute... I must download "I Am Not Okay With This".
    She actually played a younger version of Amy Adam’s character in Sharp Objects as they do look a like. Amy Adams as Mother Askani in Deadpool 3 would be cool.

Fantastic Member

I that the story they are telling with her, that's she's not in full control of the whole force? Honestly Rachel appearing and offering her assistance would be great, seeing as she's been one of the best and less problematic hosts. But Marvel is trying to minimize her time as Phoenix so that they can run with the "Phoenix Force Bad, ECHO GOOD" nonsense so I don't expect her to appear. we know Jean will, and they may throw Emma and Quentin in too for fun, or even Hope. But Rachel will be sidelined.

X-Men '97 - I would like the writers to revisit Days of Future Past sans Bishop and show the true hero of that timeline, Rachel. She made brief cameos before, but give her the opportunity to try and save things and get stuck in this timeline. bring Kitty and Kurt into the show and have them all leave to forge Excalibur but bring her in with the Hounds and Ahab. Would be really terrifying.

Film - I don't think Rachel should appear until Jean and Scott have been fleshed out, and having her appear at the end of a film in the credits and jumping to this timeline would set something in motion for a new and more accurate Days of Future Past.
    I know she will be sidelined but I would just like her to go there and show some shade. Let everyone know she was the best host and is the rightful child of the Phoenix. Make it apart of choosing the new codename Starchilde too and I am pretty sure everyone here would have a great time reading that.

I don't recall seeing in the animated series beyond a blink and you miss it scene when Apocalypse was gathering all the telepaths and placing them in chambers. She didn't get any lines and wasn't even named but it was clearly her. Beyond that I don't remember seeing her anywhere else. I'd love to see a X-Men episode in teh reboot with them teaming with Excalibur. Since the series was pretty good about honoring the source material from the comics except for the larger things like the Phalanx. I'd like to see them having the professor and Jean going to Excalibur to help Rachel when she was all but dead. I don't see that happening though. I don't recall another time beyond the point before Fatal Attractions where they lured Colossus to Muir to get him away from the Acolytes that they could use from teh comics for the two teams to meet.

As for film I'd like to see a faithful rendition of Days of Future Past but that's not happening. I agree though she shouldn't appear until Scott and Jean are fleshed out. Which if the films remain Wolverine centric, it'll never happen. Maybe she could appear in Deadpool with Cable introducing his sister? She's relatively low on the totem pole enough that she may be released to actually appear in the film. Wasn't she supposed to appear in the next season of that tv show a while back. The Gifted?, wasn't that confirmed to have been the days of future past timeline? Hound Rachel being introduced in that would have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I know she will be sidelined but I would just like her to go there and show some shade. Let everyone know she was the best host and is the rightful child of the Phoenix. Make it apart of choosing the new codename Starchilde too and I am pretty sure everyone here would have a great time reading that.

I don't recall seeing in the animated series beyond a blink and you miss it scene when Apocalypse was gathering all the telepaths and placing them in chambers. She didn't get any lines and wasn't even named but it was clearly her. Beyond that I don't remember seeing her anywhere else. I'd love to see a X-Men episode in teh reboot with them teaming with Excalibur. Since the series was pretty good about honoring the source material from the comics except for the larger things like the Phalanx. I'd like to see them having the professor and Jean going to Excalibur to help Rachel when she was all but dead. I don't see that happening though. I don't recall another time beyond the point before Fatal Attractions where they lured Colossus to Muir to get him away from the Acolytes that they could use from teh comics for the two teams to meet.

As for film I'd like to see a faithful rendition of Days of Future Past but that's not happening. I agree though she shouldn't appear until Scott and Jean are fleshed out. Which if the films remain Wolverine centric, it'll never happen. Maybe she could appear in Deadpool with Cable introducing his sister? She's relatively low on the totem pole enough that she may be released to actually appear in the film. Wasn't she supposed to appear in the next season of that tv show a while back. The Gifted?, wasn't that confirmed to have been the days of future past timeline? Hound Rachel being introduced in that would have been great.
    Ray appeared twice, once in a capsule and then again at the end when all the telepaths were freed and assaulting Apocalypse. So lots of opportunities to still add her in somewhere if they wanted.
    Outside of the helping Colossus, Jean and Rachel did not interact other than during Days of Future Present. Rachel hid herself from Jean prior to that, and then Rachel was comatose when Jean and Xavier came to help her post-Necrom battle. That was all we had.

And don't get me started on The Gifted. While i really enjoyed aspects of the show, the fact that they stole her iconic facial tattoos as a brand AND used hounds but refused to use her in an alternate X-Men universe was beyond insulting. She was never intended to appear, they just stole her background per usual. She was once intended to appear in DoFP but the storyline seemed too convoluted so she got nixed.

And don't get me started on The Gifted. While i really enjoyed aspects of the show, the fact that they stole her iconic facial tattoos as a brand AND used hounds but refused to use her in an alternate X-Men universe was beyond insulting. She was never intended to appear, they just stole her background per usual. She was once intended to appear in DoFP but the storyline seemed too convoluted so she got nixed.
    Speaking of Hounds, there’s going to be a Wolverine Hound in the upcoming Avengers Forever book and I’m having a stroke �� of course it’s Jason Aaron

Fantastic Member

Ray appeared twice, once in a capsule and then again at the end when all the telepaths were freed and assaulting Apocalypse. So lots of opportunities to still add her in somewhere if they wanted.
    Outside of the helping Colossus, Jean and Rachel did not interact other than during Days of Future Present. Rachel hid herself from Jean prior to that, and then Rachel was comatose when Jean and Xavier came to help her post-Necrom battle. That was all we had.

Ray's appearances though were all in that one episode though right? or should I say arc because it was over a couple of episodes if memory serves. Yeah I couldn't think of any other interaction between Jean adn Rachel in teh Excalibur days beyond Days of Future present and I don't see them doing that without a faithful rendition of Days of Future Past.

I could have sworn I remember reading somewhere that there were plans to introduce her in teh next season if the Gifted had survived. I may be wrong because I can't seem to find any hint of it. They always steal from her past without mentioning her. It's actually kind of comical if it wasn't so freaking annoying.