Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Emma is secretly Saturnyne's fangirl who copied her hair, accent, dress code and personality

Spectacular Member

Am I the only one confused about the fact that Krakoa only sent 9 champions? I was surprised that saturnyne didn't mention anything, and I don't know who is missing. Is it Xavier?

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    Am I the only one confused about the fact that Krakoa only sent 9 champions? I was surprised that saturnyne didn't mention anything, and I don't know who is missing. Is it Xavier?
    No-one is missing. The prophecy lists nine fighters and ten swords.

Gorgon is a hoarder and uses two swords.

Spectacular Member

Thank you for the answers, I hadn't noticed that the prophecy lists 9 sword-bearers. It's a bit weird, but I guess it will have some reason in the story

Thank you for the answers, I hadn't noticed that the prophecy lists 9 sword-bearers. It's a bit weird, but I guess it will have some reason in the story
    My guess is that in tarot practices, 9 is a commonly used draw number when doing readings. 3 representing past,3 present, and 3 future. But that's just a theory.

Astonishing Member

Wonder who gorgon going to 2 v 1

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Nice.

nice.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    My guess is that in tarot practices, 9 is a commonly used draw number when doing readings. 3 representing past,3 present, and 3 future. But that's just a theory.
    Ok, but a couple of counterpoints:

Ten card Celtic Cross is one of the most commonly used spreads, and there are ten numbered cards in each suite. Not to mention that the event is called 'X' of Swords.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Ok, but a couple of counterpoints:

Ten card Celtic Cross is one of the most commonly used spreads, and there are ten numbered cards in each suite. Not to mention that the event is called 'X' of Swords.
    We gotta remember there are still 10 swords, just 9 swords bearers!

Incredible Member

Not an action heavy issue, but am really enjoying the build-up. I thought Pogg was a little lazy though - size wize and sword-wize is a straight-up match up with Apocalypse. The Otherworld story bits were nice pieces of world building - not only are there stakes for Krakoa if the mutants lose, but also stakes for the non-mutants of Otherworld.

The whole Midnight Sword thing or Magneto's exclusion shouldn't ruin people's enjoyment of the series. In the Avengers Infinity War trailer they really pushed Hulk being present for more of the story. The fact that Banner was who was there the majority of the movie didn't ruin anything, and allowed for different story beats/possibilities. They will either use Magneto or not use him, and unless his absence negatively affects the overall story, then I will just see where the story takes us. The only thing that would ruin it for me would be if Isca can't be beaten except by magnetism, so in pops in Magneto to save the day.

I am reminded of Hickman's Avenger run, where there was confusion over the Ivory Kings being called other names, and whether it meant it was a different group of beings. Mistakes happen, whatever. Here the sword name wasn't a mistake, but in fact a way to clear up confusion.

Considering Bei speaks in a language that seems different from the other Arrakoans as indicated by the < > maybe Doug's card makes sense.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Nice.

nice.jpg
    Yup. Now I need her to form that beautiful silver armour when she battles Nile Croc-Ur-Pogg.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I don't know much about the Tarot but I guess Cable is the main hero for Persona 6.
    "Cable was right!"

Well she could do that with all the Wolverines hahaha (Except Gab and Laura)

i.jpg