Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I didn't see any retcons or change back from the Spencer run. MJ hasn't broken up with Peter. Instead, the main stories from Spencer's run are not referenced.

Peter was sidelined at the beginning of the story and he is in the hospital as he recovers. This run focuses on Ben Reilly and the Beyond corporation. No story elements like Kindred or any of the recent Osborn stuff are carried over.
    Ok, so this is basically a Ben Reilly vehicle, right? Did you take to it?

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Without spoiling, towards the end of Spencer's run there are some revelations, deaths, and status quo changes that are all either not mentioned or VERY quickly swept away without much consequence. One Sin-Eater adjacent plot carries through into the latter part of Beyond, but I don't think (a) Spencer's run is required reading for Beyond or (b) Beyond is a fulfilling follow-up to Spencer's run (I'm using that as a touchstone since you mentioned being in the middle of it).
    Ok, thanks for more info. Hmmm, will have to think on this one. I'm not a big fan of the regular Marvel "let's give the regular hero a break and let someone else fill in for a while" as they did with Cap and are kind of doing with Daredevil at the moment.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Ok, so this is basically a Ben Reilly vehicle, right? Did you take to it?
    As a Peter Parker fan, it felt like a placeholder until the Zeb Wells run started.

Ben Reilly fans may take some issue with how his story unfolds.

Mighty Member

As a Peter Parker fan, it felt like a placeholder until the Zeb Wells run started.

As a Ben fan, I'll expand on that to say, "Hated it with the passion of a hundred burning suns" for him.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

As a Ben fan, I'll expand on that to say, "Hated it with the passion of a hundred burning suns" for him.
    I have to say it doesn't sound too optimistic. I didn't like what Slott did with Ben in the "recent" Clone Conspiracy. I gather Beyond is a lot worse?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I have to say it doesn't sound too optimistic. I didn't like what Slott did with Ben in the "recent" Clone Conspiracy. I gather Beyond is a lot worse?
    Yes, worse
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I was this close to getting the Beyond ASM TPBs. Glad I waited a little bit longer and honestly I'm surprised it's being released so soon.

Astonishing Member

WOOHOO!

From this year's top fifty poll and my personal top ten list.
    Last edited by Rincewind; 05-13-2022 at 07:45 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

MCU must have plans for the Thunderbolts. Will happy pick this up.

That said, who do I have to pay off to get a Silver Age Sub-Mariner omnibus??? I'd settle for them finishing out their Epic Collection, instead of having just ONE volume.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Yes, worse
    Oh man! Not good. After Slott's Clone Conspiracy, Peter David tried to "put the genie back in the box" in the 2017-2018 Ben Reilly 25 issue run and it wasn't bad but just wasn't totally to my liking. If "Beyond" causes more damage to Ben's character, that's a darn shame.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Do you guys think we’ll EVER get a Invincible Iron Man by Fraction omni? Criminal it hasn’t been done yet for such a high profile character, too.

WOOHOO!

From this year's top fifty poll and my personal top ten list.
    Why does this seem to skip Thunderbolts 76-81?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Why does this seem to skip Thunderbolts 76-81?
    The title was revamped after issue #75. The entire cast, story, and creators changed. The “Fight Club” issues were not well received and the title was canceled. The next year, the characters and creative team returned with the Avengers/Thunderbolts mini series.

The title was relaunched as The New Thunderbolts a few months later.

The title was revamped after issue #75. The entire cast, story, and creators changed. The “Fight Club” issues were not well received and the title was canceled. The next year, the characters and creative team returned with the Avengers/Thunderbolts mini series.

And according to Fabian, Avengers/Thunderbolts 1-6 “replaces” the fight club issues in the numbering. So glad we’re getting a v3!

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    And according to Fabian, Avengers/Thunderbolts 1-6 “replaces” the fight club issues in the numbering. So glad we’re getting a v3!
    Good to know! Thanks