Page 115 of 231 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 3451
    Astonishing Member

I feel like Glob is less popular in this message board than he actually is.
    This will sound ridiculous, but I think the drama of having no genitalia should be explored. It is confirmed on oanel that Rockslide gets horny even though he has no balls or penis. I would give a symbiote to him so he wont be that lonely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/38593-cabl...bloodbath.html
    Some X-Kids are going to show up in OML.
    Wicked. Shark-Girl & Rockslide= thumbs up. Hopefully some Armor or Pixie too then, given their ties to Logan. The interview mentions he's not done with Cable either. Wonder if that means an appearance in Old Man Logan? Or maybe he'll get the team book he desires (X-FORCE?)

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Wicked. Shark-Girl & Rockslide= thumbs up. Hopefully some Armor or Pixie too then, given their ties to Logan. The interview mentions he's not done with Cable either. Wonder if that means an appearance in Old Man Logan? Or maybe he'll get the team book he desires (X-FORCE?)
    Maybe, I'm biased because Pixie is Welsh and the majority of my family is Welsh, but she has so much potential and she being wasted nowadays - she needs to be in a book, with Northstar and Dazzler.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Astonishing Member

I would like for a 295 AoA Pixie to be the Darkchylde or Sorceress Supreme of that reality

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    speaking of Dust. Has she appeared in Ms Marvel's series?
    Only like for one page at the end of an arc (she was w/ Monet). I don't know if it really counts as an "appearance" much less a "cameo." I'm waiting for Wilson to go all in with a Dust/Ms Marvel team-up issue.

Yeah for sure. Jean & Hellion for telekinetic badassery. Angel & Pixie (Megan would probably think Warren was hot ) Cyclops & Surge. Iceman & Anole bonding. I can't believe they were at the same school for some time and nobody made use of these possible interactions.
    THE POSSIBILITIES:

-Beast and Prodigy working on research
    -Mercury, Armor, Cipher, Pixie, Trance, Bling!, Loa, Laura, Dust, Oya, and Surge taking Jean out to a mall
    -Beast studying Elixir's biology
    -Cyke developing a cute little crush on Surge
    -Hellion and Warren competing to see which one of them can get the most numbers
    -Mercury, Prodigy, Graymalkin, Anole, and Iceman going out for milkshakes
    -Warren and Beast help fund Rockslide's wrestling career

man if only X-editorial could focus on multiple teen teams at once

Poor Wallflower. I'm surprised Elixir hasn't tried to resurrect her now that his powers are omega level. Hell, he could bring back Cyclops, Synch, Icarus, Quill, Wolf Cub etc. Though with how his powers work now, he'd have to inflict those deaths upon somebody else right? (I nominate Quentin Quire, Ink and Kid Gladiator lol)

As for the Jay/Sooraya thing, that's another missed opportunity. They could have been really sweet together.
    I remembered him resurrecting Magneto at the end of Bunncanny without trading off anything but someone (sorry, person i forgot) told me that he could have siphoned life off of Exodus. I'd imagine he would still be training with Xorn by the time we catch up with him on Blue. Bunn did say he had BIG plans for him back when he did't know if he could use him or not.

http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/post/16...r-anytime-soon

Oh right. I'd forgotten he was there. I mean, he'll just be wallpaper again but at least he's where he belongs, alongside his fellow mutants.

Well, the X-Men are all about tragedy. And yeah it's a strange climate right now. There's a lot going on. It'd be overwhelming for sure.
    I'd rather he be background in the Xavier Institute rather than outside. He could get lost ((

If a student from the NXM/Utopia era actually got a spot somewhere, I'd want them to actually be significant in their role. Or at least well written. So far it's been so good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    THE POSSIBILITIES:
    -Beast and Prodigy working on research
    -Mercury, Armor, Cipher, Pixie, Trance, Bling!, Loa, Laura, Dust, Oya, and Surge taking Jean out to a mall
    -Beast studying Elixir's biology
    -Cyke developing a cute little crush on Surge
    -Hellion and Warren competing to see which one of them can get the most numbers
    -Mercury, Prodigy, Graymalkin, Anole, and Iceman going out for milkshakes
    -Warren and Beast help fund Rockslide's wrestling career
    Nice!! The X-Girls hitting the mall is my fav concept. It's reminiscent of when Ororo, Betsy, Ali & Rogue hit the mall and rescued Jubilee. Maybe they could find a new mutant and help her out?

I remembered him resurrecting Magneto at the end of Bunncanny without trading off anything but someone (sorry, person I forgot) told me that he could have siphoned life off of Exodus. I'd imagine he would still be training with Xorn by the time we catch up with him on Blue. Bunn did say he had BIG plans for him back when he didn't know if he could use him or not.
    That's a good theory. I had just assumed he used the negative 'death touch' prior, granting him the power to resurrect Magneto. And yes I imagine he's still training with Xorn, unless if he joined Exodus' cause, which I think is a possibility. I can't wait for Bunn to bring him back into the fold. And if not Xorn or Exodus as a mentor, I'd like to see Polaris take on that role. Besides, I'd rather him on the new Blue roster over Gazing Nightshade or Jimmy Hudson.

I'd rather he be background in the Xavier Institute rather than outside. He could get lost ((
    Same goes for a number of mutants. It's one of the things I liked about Utopia and X-Haven, as at least we knew they were around. Now mutants are scattered again, and many of them unaccounted for.

Astonishing Member

Nice!! The X-Girls hitting the mall is my fav concept. It's reminiscent of when Ororo, Betsy, Ali & Rogue hit the mall and rescued Jubilee. Maybe they could find a new mutant and help her out?

That's a good theory. I had just assumed he used the negative 'death touch' prior, granting him the power to resurrect Magneto. And yes I imagine he's still training with Xorn, unless if he joined Exodus' cause, which I think is a possibility. I can't wait for Bunn to bring him back into the fold. And if not Xorn or Exodus as a mentor, I'd like to see Polaris take on that role. Besides, I'd rather him on the new Blue roster over Gazing Nightshade or Jimmy Hudson.

Same goes for a number of mutants. It's one of the things I liked about Utopia and X-Haven, as at least we knew they were around. Now mutants are scattered again, and many of them unaccounted for.
    I think a reformed Exodus would be the best bf for Polaris, if they want to kill the ship with Havok definitely.
    My favorite page of the Utopia period is from the New Mutants book. A double spread of Cyclops giving a motivational speech only to F list characters (I remember Neophyte, Evangeline Whedon, Litterbug, were there among others). It was very meta, how it was also a fight for their survival. I think it was during the Bastion invasion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think a reformed Exodus would be the best bf for Polaris if they want to kill the ship with Havok definitely.
    My favorite page of the Utopia period is from the New Mutants book. A double spread of Cyclops giving a motivational speech only to F list characters (I remember Neophyte, Evangeline Whedon, Litterbug, were there among others). It was very meta, how it was also a fight for their survival. I think it was during the Bastion invasion.
    I feel like Sunspot could be a great boyfriend for Polaris. I haven't watched all of The Gifted yet, but I couldn't help but associate Marcos from Age of X Sunspot, also known as Eclipse. Even with completely different powers and personality, it stuck with me lol. But having given it thought, I do think Roberto and Lorna could be compatible. I can't see Polaris and Exodus working though, he's much too arrogant and power-hungry. As for Havok, I'd like to see him with Emma Frost or Frenzy, but only after he's back as a hero. Undo that inversion nonsense.

I remember that page!! I've got that comic somewhere I think. I love when obscure mutants get a chance to be in the spotlight, even if it's only for a moment. As I said, one of the highlights of the Utopia era. So many great stories and subplots for the NXM kids too. I miss it.

Astonishing Member

I feel like Sunspot could be a great boyfriend for Polaris. I haven't watched all of The Gifted yet, but I couldn't help but associate Marcos from Age of X Sunspot, also known as Eclipse. Even with completely different powers and personality, it stuck with me lol. But having given it thought, I do think Roberto and Lorna could be compatible. I can't see Polaris and Exodus working though, he's much too arrogant and power-hungry. As for Havok, I'd like to see him with Emma Frost or Frenzy, but only after he's back as a hero. Undo that inversion nonsense.

I remember that page!! I've got that comic somewhere I think. I love when obscure mutants get a chance to be in the spotlight, even if it's only for a moment. As I said, one of the highlights of the Utopia era. So many great stories and subplots for the NXM kids too. I miss it.
    I think Polaris and Sunspot are in rather different age groups. I imagine her around 30 and Sunspot around 23 or 24. It isn't impossible but it would be almost like Emma dating Empath (though Emma must be at least a decade older than Manuel).
    I mentioned Exodus because he is so Magneto obsessed, it would be a finally I am almost like a son of Magneto and his inheritor thing for him, to make the relationship more disturbing and fun. I am fine if they create Eclipse just for tv show synergy.

I think the kids have it better than the C/D/F list characters who aren't students, at least the kids get to be Wallpaper.

Roberto probably is in his early 20's still, and Lorna probably is in her late 20's, so that's something, but not a huge age gap. Then you have to factor in the idea that Roberto's powers have been aging him a bit, and he's taken on a lot of responsibility in his last few arcs(leadership roles in X-Corporation, the Hellfire Club, AIM, and the Avengers). I don't necessarily see the potential between them, but there's not exactly barriers, either(though I'm still down for an Amara/Roberto power couple!).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think Polaris and Sunspot are in rather different age groups. I imagine her around 30 and Sunspot around 23 or 24. It isn't impossible but it would be almost like Emma dating Empath (though Emma must be at least a decade older than Manuel).
    I mentioned Exodus because he is so Magneto obsessed, it would be a finally I am almost like a son of Magneto and his inheritor thing for him, to make the relationship more disturbing and fun. I am fine if they create Eclipse just for tv show synergy.

I think the kids have it better than the C/D/F list characters who aren't students, at least the kids get to be Wallpaper.
    You could be right. It's pretty hard to guess ages in comics, but I did think their personalities might be compatible. Lorna doesn't have many options over in Blue- I can't see her dating Xorn or Daken. Who else is there? Sunfire perhaps? I would say Banshee, but he's unavailable. And I get the dynamic you're proposing, but it's not for me.

And yeah, I guess you're right. I'd love to see the Acolytes again, and mutants like Adam-X, Astra, Chimera, Nocturne or Spiral. It might be a long time before they resurface.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

And did you know Weir and Defilippis planned to have Jay convert to Islam and have a real, meaningful relationship with Sooraya. That would have been such a great plot thread to see develop.
    What other plans did they have in mind had they been kept on Academy X? I wonder what plans Yost and Kyle had it not been cancelled.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I never liked what K/Y did with Icarus. Every time I reread the run I find it really jarring.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I never liked what K/Y did with Icarus. Every time I reread the run I find it really jarring.
    Considering he just a tool to force the plot your reaction is expected. Still Yost and Kyle as well their predecessors did a good job on Academy X but looking bak I wish Laura was there form the beginning because back living an everyday life was challenge for her.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Considering he just a tool to force the plot your reaction is expected. Still Yost and Kyle as well their predecessors did a good job on Academy X but looking bak I wish Laura was there form the beginning because back living an everyday life was challenge for her.
    NXM continues to be my favorite X-Men run but it has its flaws. Icarus was clearly seen as an expendable character by K/Y and handled as such. He went from being a pretty levelheaded guy in Academy to being totally off his rocker in NXM.