Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Carlos Pacheco (R.I.P.)

Uggghhh ... so many huge losses in comics/comics media lately. Thanks for sharing this. R.I.P. Carlos!

This scene was such a dead giveaway that this wasn't really Gambit because there's absolutely no circumstance I can conceive of where he wouldn't have taken that kiss from Rogue and also absolutely eaten up that much flirting from her. Alas, we'll never get to see it and then their next meeting she was the one playing hard to get.

Anyway, just wanted to jump in here to relay that plans are underway for Rogue & Gambit Fanworks week 2023. Here's a link to the wrap up message on Tumblr - https://at.tumblr.com/roguegambitweek/0k9nnvve8x5e.

I'll be sure to cross-post to Twitter so long as it continues to exist, but Tumblr will remain the home for the event especially in lieu of bird app instability.

Coming soon we will be asking for submissions for this year's themes/prompts. So start brainstorming what Romy stories you are dying to read or write or artwork that you desperately want to see or draw.

Then once submissions close, we'll need your votes!

When thinking of a theme or prompt, I recommend something that's specific enough to be easily categorized, but also vague/general enough that different creators can interpret it differently and really run with it in different directions.

So for instance ... "romance" or "fight scene", are probably a tad too general. But something like "having Thanksgiving dinner with Nightcrawler" is probably a bit too specific.

I may compile a list of previous years prompts so people can get ideas and also so we don't see tons of repeats.

Also there is a small group in the very early discussion/planning stages of planning a Fan Zine to celebrate Romy's 5 year anniversary (in real time, not sure how that translates in world with the sliding timescale). If you're at all interested in joining the planning group DM me for details! If you would be interested in reading digitally, in purchasing a printed zine, and/or in participating by submitting art or writing I'd love to hear from you. If you have previous experience working on Fan Zines, would love to hear from you.

This is gorgeous. The lines, the coloring, Gambit’s smirk, everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post
    This is gorgeous. The lines, the coloring, Gambit’s smirk, everything.
    I really like the outfits as well. Are these official uniforms that have been used before? Gambit’s looks much Betty than his 90s suite.

I feel like y'all would appreciate this! Happy Tuesday!

IMG_20221115_201900.jpg
    The Hanged Man by phoenixcrysketches on Instagram.

The alligators are such a nice touch.

That just reminds me that we'll never get this on panel:

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    That just reminds me that we'll never get this on panel:

R.I.P. Awesome Gala outfit that never came to actual panel!

So I haven't been able to grab my pull yet today, but will curious to see how the Gambit solo wrapped up.

In the meantime, please all go submit theme/prompt ideas for Rogue and Gambit Fanworks Week 2023!!!

https://at.tumblr.com/roguegambitwee...3/7ivzrgk0xjge

That outfit might make it to the 2023 Gala.

Cool to see Rogue and Gambit make the cover of Legion of X #10. Do you think they will be in the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Cool to see Rogue and Gambit make the cover of Legion of X #10. Do you think they will be in the issue?

Gorgeous cover! I love it. I'm skeptical about them appearing though. I think this artist is just very fond of them probably. As he should be! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Gorgeous cover! I love it. I'm skeptical about them appearing though. I think this artist is just very fond of them probably. As he should be! LOL
    Well all the other ones are part of the cast. So I think there is a chance they will appear.

Definitely will keep an eye out. If so I’ll pick it up for sure.

I mean, hope springs eternal. But I'm trying to manage my expectations. Ben Harvey, the cover artist, does seem to adore them though.

Tumblr_l_2033871757178500.jpg
    IMG_20221118_164751.jpg

I'd love to see some family bonding between Rogue, Gambit and Nightcrawler to he honest. I live for that stuff.

Looks like Rogue and Gambit #1 is going to have at least 5 variant covers- https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=759...itional_covers

One by Marc Aspinall, one by Zu Orzu(that one could be interesting), one by Lucas Werneck, and two by Alex Ross(one a sketch version of his other variant) that may or may not feature Gambit or Rogue based on the description, "Timeless Mystique Virgin"(?). Looking forward to seeing them!

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Looks like Rogue and Gambit #1 is going to have at least 5 variant covers- https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=759...itional_covers

One by Marc Aspinall, one by Zu Orzu(that one could be interesting), one by Lucas Werneck, and two by Alex Ross(one a sketch version of his other variant) that may or may not feature Gambit or Rogue based on the description, "Timeless Mystique Virgin"(?). Looking forward to seeing them!
    Excellent! And I heard the release date got bumped to the beginning of March?

I FINALLY got my Gambit #5 picked up and read. Kind of mixed on it tbh. Not sure it quite stuck the landing for me. Marissa ended up as a sort of paint yourself into a corner situation. CC had to find a valid reason for her to be gone after their whirlwind romance and I guess I'm glad she wasn't just killed off. But woof ... that was so grotesque and unpleasant. It also felt hella weird for her to be someone so seemingly significant to Remy, yet that he's never mentioned again somehow. Meh. I guess at least she could theoretically pop-up in space sometime. It was also a little crowded for me with so many characters and I'm not sure it build much to Remy as a character or his lore beyond establishing that he had another significant past romance and knew Lila Cheney pre-X-Men. The attempt to explain the suit just seemed silly and unnecessary. Ah well, good art and good characterization for Gambit at least.

Makes me curious how much Rogue and Gambit we'll actually see in X-Treme and if it will address how Rogue got her powers back.

Ready for the next Captain Marvel installment though!

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I see what you mean about Marissa. CC had to get rid of her, because she didn’t exist in those past stories, but he obviously wanted a chance to bring her back later. But also what was really the point of her to begin with? Probably would have worked better to keep the focus on the gambit and storm angle.

Cool that G&R are getting some variants, I was going to say Whoa, how’d they get Alex Ross (I had heard he was bit of a grumpy old man type, who only likes to draw ‘iconic’ characters. But then hearing that super weird title scares me a bit, not gonna lie, lol.