Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    Why dont you include the two 6 month gaps that bookended secret wars?
    Marvel doesn't. Timeskips are all fake.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

How old is Exodus? He was definitely 20s in his debut during Fatal Attractions..he comes from the Crusades era in the 12th century..frozen before Magneto rescued him. What is he today though?

Comic Geek in General

Original Team: Mid 20’s......(Jean being a few years younger now, as she was Dead for a while......)
    Wolverine: at least 100+
    All New, All Different: Mid 20’s (as they where young adults when they where recruited, many already knew how to use their powers)

Ok, let’s just say except for Wolverine, the Senior X Members are Mid to late 20’s (with Sliding Time Scale)

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    How old is Exodus? He was definitely 20s in his debut during Fatal Attractions..he comes from the Crusades era in the 12th century..frozen before Magneto rescued him. What is he today though?
    Nobody knows, or cares. The guy is immortal and comes from the Middle Ages.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

The STC messes a lot of stuff up. So off top of my head

Jubilee = 18
    Chamber = 23
    Monet = 21
    Wolverine = 101
    Creed = 151
    Deadpool = 45, according to JDW
    Jean, Emma, and Scott= 26, according to JDW
    Rogue x Gambit = 23
    Syrin = 26
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-11-2019 at 04:30 AM.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

I always wanted to start a thread about it, in which I would state 1983 as "Year Zero", because many of the main characters already had been introduced, some of them with an specific age. I've gathered these character ages up to now (remember that's their age back then):

EARLY 80s:

Cannonball - 16 (TNM #2, 1983)
    Colossus - 19 (X-Men Special Edition #1, 1983)
    Dazzler - 19? 20? (older than Rogue, UXM #221, 1987)
    Karma - 19 (TNM #2, 1983)
    Legion - 20 (UXM #161, 1982)
    Longshot - Inapplicable (maybe he hasn't even been created then)
    Mirage - 15 (I'm pretty sure she's as old as Illyana, but I can't remember in which issue this is told)
    Magik (I mean, After-Limbo-Magik) - 15 (TNM #14, 1984)
    Nightcrawler - 21 (X-Men Annual #4, 1980)
    Rogue - 18 (UXM #182, 1984)
    Shadowcat - 14 (X-Men Special Edition #1, 1983...despite she was 13 in UXM #131, 1980 --Marvel Time!)
    Sunspot - 13 (TNM #2, 1983)
    Warlock - Inapplicable?
    Wolfsbane -14 (TNM #2, 1983)
    Wolverine - >100

When Gen X started (1994, previous sketches by Lobdell & Bachalo) it went

Chamber - 18
    Husk - 17
    Monet - 16
    Synch - 16
    Skin - 15
    Jubilee - 14 or 13 and a half.
    Mondo - 19
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 06-12-2019 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    The STC messes a lot of stuff up. So off top of my head

Jubilee = 18
    Chamber = 23
    Monet = 21
    Wolverine = 101
    Creed = 151
    Deadpool = 45, according to JDW
    Jean, Emma, and Scott= 26, according to JDW
    Rogue x Gambit = 23
    Syrin = 26
    Emma 26?! That is laughable. Just no, JDW...

I will be nice...Emma is 36.

Basically all of the "adult" X-Men are in their early to mid 30's besides a few exceptions like Logan (older) & Kitty (26-27).

I think our own ages also determine how we see these characters. I am 31, and I refuse to accept I am older than the majority of the characters who have existed 15-20 years before I was born.

However, I could easily imagine someone younger placing the adult characters in their mid 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I think our own ages also determine how we see these characters. I am 31, and I refuse to accept I am older than the majority of the characters who have existed 15-20 years before I was born.
    You might as well get used to it if you plan to stick around. You're not getting any younger and they're not getting any older.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    You might as well get used to it if you plan to stick around. You're not getting any younger and they're not getting any older.
    Yeah, all these people insisting on older ages for the X-men are writing fanfic

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Jean and Cyclops are between 27 and 28 if i remember correctly JDW said it. They are mentaly older if we count adventures of cyclops and phoenix. Almost 40 if we count that.

Pinning down exact ages is an exercise in futility. Even if an exact number is ever given on panel, the next writer will change it to be a little older or a little younger based on the story they want to tell. Outside of characters who don't age based on their powers or experiences (and as such can be tied to actual historical events) the best that can be managed is to figure out relative ages.

Wolverine is from the last days of the Old West as best as I can figure, so he is pushing as much as 150 currently. I don't remember seeing anything of him in the American Civil War, but I am not a completionist for the character either.

Magneto was in the WWII concentration camps as a child, so he is in his late 80's to early 90's. Kept younger than his age due to the occasional science experiment.

Xavier is old enough to be the father of the O5 age group of X-Men. The O5 are the starting point for the relative ages since they came first in the comics.

Banshee I think is a little younger, but still probably around 10 years older than the O5. Probably late 30's to early 40's.

Hank is a couple years older than the rest of his group, and the only one acknowledged as passing 30 on panel outside of future and what if style stories.

The 3 main members of the O5 come next, and likely the majority of the ANAD and Animated Series teams fit here as well. Storm, Kurt, Gambit, and Rogue all seem to be close to the same age as Scott, Jean, and Warren.

Next is the younger members of the previous teams - Iceman and Colossus are likely close to each other is age, but they are both older than the teams that followed.

Then each group gets younger after that, but each one might have a character or two who is a little older or younger than the rest of the cast and is halfway between the group they are typically part of and the one older or younger than it is.

New Mutants, Generation X, New X-Men, and the group introduced piecemeal starting with Morrison and moving towards the present day - they seem to be a single class all mishmashed as part of the same group despite how long it is between the first of them to whoever has just been introduced.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Pinning down exact ages is an exercise in futility. Even if an exact number is ever given on panel, the next writer will change it to be a little older or a little younger based on the story they want to tell. Outside of characters who don't age based on their powers or experiences (and as such can be tied to actual historical events) the best that can be managed is to figure out relative ages.

Wolverine is from the last days of the Old West as best as I can figure, so he is pushing as much as 150 currently. I don't remember seeing anything of him in the American Civil War, but I am not a completionist for the character either.

Magneto was in the WWII concentration camps as a child, so he is in his late 80's to early 90's. Kept younger than his age due to the occasional science experiment.

Xavier is old enough to be the father of the O5 age group of X-Men. The O5 are the starting point for the relative ages since they came first in the comics.

Banshee I think is a little younger, but still probably around 10 years older than the O5. Probably late 30's to early 40's.

Hank is a couple years older than the rest of his group, and the only one acknowledged as passing 30 on panel outside of future and what if style stories.

The 3 main members of the O5 come next, and likely the majority of the ANAD and Animated Series teams fit here as well. Storm, Kurt, Gambit, and Rogue all seem to be close to the same age as Scott, Jean, and Warren.

Next is the younger members of the previous teams - Iceman and Colossus are likely close to each other is age, but they are both older than the teams that followed.

Then each group gets younger after that, but each one might have a character or two who is a little older or younger than the rest of the cast and is halfway between the group they are typically part of and the one older or younger than it is.

New Mutants, Generation X, New X-Men, and the group introduced piecemeal starting with Morrison and moving towards the present day - they seem to be a single class all mishmashed as part of the same group despite how long it is between the first of them to whoever has just been introduced.
    Honestly if things were consistent, the Sabretooth should be 150 and Wolverine should be 100. But they both have cases of being aged up, like Black Widow where Creed has been around since before paper money was created. lol

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Emma has aged 2 years in the span of these few minutes...honestly, I think I will manage

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, all these people insisting on older ages for the X-men are writing fanfic
    I could easily say the same about people insisting on younger ages.

Everyone has their own interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Emma has aged 2 years in the span of these few minutes...honestly, I think I will manage

I could easily say the same about people insisting on younger ages.

Everyone has their own interpretation.
    It's the interpretation of the people writing and editing the books that matters - they are what the writers say they are.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It's the interpretation of the people writing and editing the books that matters - they are what the writers say they are.
    Slight correction: it's the interpretation of the people CURRENTLY writing and editing the books that matters. Anything written before (such as Beast's 30th b-day, or Laura's 21st) are subject to removal. Remember, we have always been at war with Eurasia.