Page 495 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 395445485491492493494495496497498499505545595995 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,425 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    1. Hudlin, I like my T’Challa with a dash of cynic snark and a good deal of standoffishness born equal parts out of his own arrogance and his own sense of heroism. Priest is a close second and depending on my mood his super analytical, 10-steps ahead iteration of the character is my favorite too. I think as I reread his run I’ll consider his version my preferred one. Come back to me in a few weeks lol.

2. T’Challa has an extreme paranoia as a result of his father’s assassination. His childhood was stolen that day and ever since he’s been captured by that moment, making him emotionally distant and slow to trust others to an unhealthy degree. He has a nauseating sense of duty that makes him self-sacrificial to a fault and all too willing to manipulate (and if necessary, cast aside) those closest to him for the sake of his people.

He holds very little as sacred and is mostly fine throwing away his marriage, his friends, allies, and even his own family if it means a chance of saving Wakanda. He does this in part because he has this idealized version of his father created out of an irrational guilt over not saving him as a child. To this end T’Challa isn’t merely an emotional shut in who lies to and otherwise tries to control his friends and allies but someone who has adopted an insane ego to justify his own fears and provide himself an artificial sense of security.

His arrogant poker face betrays a deep sense of what can best be described as a fear of imperfection and loneliness. On one hand he’s convinced himself that his responsibilities all too often demand him to be something more than a mere man, to act as a god. On the other it’s hard to keep up appearances and he finds himself loathing the shell he’s built around his heart. It’s perhaps why he’s developed this proclivity to be a hero, because the trappings of royalty and the pressure of his father’s shadow aren’t as prevalent. It’s also why he tends to fall in love with women who couldn’t care less about his throne, hence why they tend to be non-Wakandan. T’Challa‘a arrogance, his paranoia, and his tendency to see others as nothing more than cogs in his machinations should be something he constantly struggles with.
    Excellent post. Its for these resons the movie (in my opinion) failed to introduce the characrer. A Tchalla that doesnt lose his father as a child isnt Tchalla. Hopefully the reboot someday i done by handlers who understand this
    Last edited by Ekie; 06-11-2021 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Excellent post. Its for these resons the movie (in my opinion) failed to introduce the characrer. A Tchalla that doesnt lose his father as a child isnt Tchalla. Hopefully the reboot someday i done by handlers who understand this
    Hopefully they let the writer of the black panther movie tell the story from scratch next time. Klaue losing his arm in Ultron and Zemo killing T’chaka in civil war made it impossible for the BP movie to do that storyline even if they wanted to. They were forced to tell another story.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Hopefully they let the writer of the black panther movie tell the story from scratch next time. Klaue losing his arm in Ultron and Zemo killing T’chaka in civil war made it impossible for the BP movie to do that storyline even if they wanted to. They were forced to tell another story.
    I think people really overlook this.

The irony in Ekie's post is that Coogler DID understand that. Based on what Marvel set up he had to make a clear distinction of how death changes you when young compared to an adult. Thats why he drew the parallels with Killmonger.

I think T'Challa "grew up" fast with his encounter with KM. And thats why I believe Coogler was setting up T'Challa be that plans upon plans ruthless T'Challa.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 06-12-2021 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    And yet, $1.3 billion.

I'm tired of people repeating the same old isht. These are the only things we can be sure about:

1) The MCU never does straight adaptations of the comics.

2) The only thing we know for certain about the sequel is the title. We don't know the plot, the setting, the villain, any of it. All we have are people making wild suppositions based on minimal data, and calling it fact.

And no, we don't know if they will recast, either. It's possible they won't, it's possible they have, and want it to be a surprise. It's possible that the movie will take place during the Blip. It's possible the movie will take place in the past. Or the future.

We. Don't. Know.

So yes, talk all you want about what you'd like to see.

But in the name of Bast's black babies, can we please stop getting worked up over something that may not even happen?

I like you guys. I really do. But this eternal agita is getting bloody tiresome.

1. Hudlin, I like my T’Challa with a dash of cynic snark and a good deal of standoffishness born equal parts out of his own arrogance and his own sense of heroism. Priest is a close second and depending on my mood his super analytical, 10-steps ahead iteration of the character is my favorite too. I think as I reread his run I’ll consider his version my preferred one. Come back to me in a few weeks lol.

2. T’Challa has an extreme paranoia as a result of his father’s assassination. His childhood was stolen that day and ever since he’s been captured by that moment, making him emotionally distant and slow to trust others to an unhealthy degree. He has a nauseating sense of duty that makes him self-sacrificial to a fault and all too willing to manipulate (and if necessary, cast aside) those closest to him for the sake of his people.

He holds very little as sacred and is mostly fine throwing away his marriage, his friends, allies, and even his own family if it means a chance of saving Wakanda. He does this in part because he has this idealized version of his father created out of an irrational guilt over not saving him as a child. To this end T’Challa isn’t merely an emotional shut in who lies to and otherwise tries to control his friends and allies but someone who has adopted an insane ego to justify his own fears and provide himself an artificial sense of security.

His arrogant poker face betrays a deep sense of what can best be described as a fear of imperfection and loneliness. On one hand he’s convinced himself that his responsibilities all too often demand him to be something more than a mere man, to act as a god. On the other it’s hard to keep up appearances and he finds himself loathing the shell he’s built around his heart. It’s perhaps why he’s developed this proclivity to be a hero, because the trappings of royalty and the pressure of his father’s shadow aren’t as prevalent. It’s also why he tends to fall in love with women who couldn’t care less about his throne, hence why they tend to be non-Wakandan. T’Challa‘a arrogance, his paranoia, and his tendency to see others as nothing more than cogs in his machinations should be something he constantly struggles with.

For me aswell..

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Question: Which writer portrayal of T'Challa do you all prefer?

This is not a focus on necessarily favorite story but which writer wrote your favorite T'Challa. It's a bit odd since T'Challa has so many positive attributes and writers tend to not focus on his flaws or shortcomings that make a character rich and more interesting.
    If we are talking comics.. and talking T'challa... weird opinion incoming...

Liss

And it is because it is based on Priest... but he is like 5 steps ahead instead of 10 lol. I don't think any other writer can write a story like Priest or a 10 step ahead character like Priest. Anyone trying to copy it will fall short, Priest just has a style that is hard to copy.

Liss took Priest's panther, toned him down a touch, and added a dash of Hudlin's Panther bravado.

BUT... Liss also didn't have to write a book as "big" as priest because he was confined to Hell's Kitch basically. So, he had a much easier task imho. Priest is still the gold standard, his stories were much better, but I like Liss's version of T'challa a touch more.

Now if all adaptations are allowed... likely PantherJack. I want to say EMH T'challa, but I haven't watched the show in so long idk if he still holds up. EMH was my "entry" to black panther and now that I know more... idk if he's still as cool lol.

If T'chadwick had his super genius, I would have chosen him. I liked his arrogance, his royal swag, his warriorness, and the hang up with his dad was done better than any other adaptation. But, without the superbrain, he can't make it on the list.

Question #2: What do you feel are his most prominent character flaws?

His arrogance and his reluctance to ask for help? Or his non trusting nature? Most writers ignore this.

Digi and chief already said it better than I could.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 06-12-2021 at 07:28 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

This is not a focus on necessarily favorite story but which writer wrote your favorite T'Challa. It's a bit odd since T'Challa has so many positive attributes and writers tend to not focus on his flaws or shortcomings that make a character rich and more interesting.

His arrogance and his reluctance to ask for help? Or his non trusting nature? Most writers ignore this.
    Gillis with Hudlin's initial mini a close second.

Humanity/Morality - The weight of the crown, the burden of being king that serves and is responsible for his nation and people.

Hudlin. Good combination of ruthless, compitancy, and relatability. Hes the one panther that a real person could copy the easiest.

Flaw. Depending on who is writing, not bring a good team player. Which plays into why it always seems like hes not leading the Avengers in comic and cartoon. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

Flaw. Depending on who is writing, not bring a good team player. Which plays into why it always seems like hes not leading the Avengers in comic and cartoon. Lol
    Still waiting for him to do something shady with the current Avengers.

IDK if Aaron would write him like that though, Aaron's not that type of writer.

But right now... he is playing chess with some very powerful pieces lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Answer 1: Priest: Ruthless, cunning, thinking 2 steps ahead of his enemies and3 steps ahead of his friends, intelligent and resourceful. Despite this, he's still compassionate and cares about the well being of others even to the point of risking a war between two nations because of a deviant child and his friendship with Ross

Answer 2: The fact that he puts Wakanda first before anything creates a bit of friction with his fellow teammates.

That mask ain't my thing, belongs on Sub Zero or something lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That mask ain't my thing, belongs on Sub Zero or something lol
    The whole suit is trash lol. I was genuinely shocked when people said this was the best starting gear for any character, this is IMO one of the worst.

Maybe my standards are higher because BP’s my favorite character but I don’t get stealthy or sleek from this design. I respect them trying something different tho lol.

The whole suit is trash lol. I was genuinely shocked when people said this was the best starting gear for any character, this is IMO one of the worst.

Maybe my standards are higher because BP’s my favorite character but I don’t get stealthy or sleek from this design. I respect them trying something different tho lol.
    All teh starting gear i've seen of this game has been straight up garbage lol

For 20 bucks though... I only need like 10 hours of fun so, fingers crossed lol

Eh. I think the suit is okay

Not great but not bad either