Page 207 of 337 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 5046
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    Might be borrowing here but perhaps Dreadknight? Dudes an Iron Man villain but he does have ties to Doom... I mean, Latverian who Doom punished by forcing a skull helmet grafted to his face.... would be an excellent time to develop the character.
    I was thinking of him too. The last time I recall him showing up was I think in Iron Age mini? I'd have to check when I get home later. It seems to me he became a minion of Doom's but I think he was brain wiped or something. I always liked his costume.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Dreadknight's a good choice for me too. He can play the role of a squire to Doom, sorta (which would be at odds with his moniker).
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I was thinking of him too. The last time I recall him showing up was I think in Iron Age mini? I'd have to check when I get home later. It seems to me he became a minion of Doom's but I think he was brain wiped or something. I always liked his costume.
    I haven't read that arc. Wiki seems to indicate that it's Iron Man: Legacy #3 was his last appearance. But it's been ages since I saw him as I read his appearance in a spider-Man book where Peter goes to Latveria I think to rescue Betty Brant from Dreadknight. Dreadknight had these cool electrical tendrils that shot out of his energy lance to grab onto targets.

Also, what happened to Lucia Von Bardas? I'm wondering she could return as an antangonist. Could be interesting if Victors life as Doom comes back to haunt him with various former minions targeting him.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    I haven't read that arc. Wiki seems to indicate that it's Iron Man: Legacy #3 was his last appearance. But it's been ages since I saw him as I read his appearance in a spider-Man book where Peter goes to Latveria I think to rescue Betty Brant from Dreadknight. Dreadknight had these cool electrical tendrils that shot out of his energy lance to grab onto targets.

Also, what happened to Lucia Von Bardas? I'm wondering she could return as an antangonist. Could be interesting if Victors life as Doom comes back to haunt him with various former minions targeting him.
    I don't want to give out spoilers but she was last seen in Brubaker's first Winter Soldier arc

Thanks for posting the great cover, Ravin' Ray! It really comes out very striking by using just a few colors.

Yes, Doom get sent back to his home at the end of SW III. The "Vote Loki" story I would have to think is showing the aftermath of his leaving back in Invincible Iron Man #2. Doom was showing Tony the extra Wanda of Watoomb that had "slipped through the cracks between worlds". In the meantime, a group of rebels or maybe just looters were on their way into the ruins of Castle Doom. That' s one of the things that Bendis never really followed up on. I hope we find out more about the status of Latveria in Infamous IM.

I like you gallery, by the way! I remember Doomscribe's old website used to have a nice one back in the early days of the internet.
    Seems that I'm still way behind in the latest doom appearences, gonna check it.

thanks alot ! I'll be adding some more as I find and maybe switch to a Tumblr account or something.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    ANAD AVENGERS #15, while giving a special focus on the current Thor, also reveals an "Untold Avengers Story" involving Doom.
    Thanks! I forgot to check this out at the LCS. May just go get the digital copy to check it out.

BANNED

Thanks! I forgot to check this out at the LCS. May just go get the digital copy to check it out.
    It's not much, and it's a pretty evil act, but Doom comes off as a master planner and gets the better of the whole team, so there's that.
    Last edited by Darthkostis; 10-27-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    It's not much, and it's pretty a pretty evil act, but Doom comes off as a master planner and gets the better of the whole team, so there's that.
    Thanks for the summary....maybe I'll just try a "Byrne steal"

BANNED

Thanks for the summary....maybe I'll just try a "Byrne steal"
    You could just choose the Pirate's Way... But yeah, it's a small scene, just a few pages.

Fantastic Member

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Brian Cronin just posted this Star Wars parody starring Spider-Man and Doctor Doom.

http://www.cbr.com/spider-mans-out-o...-wars-mash-up/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Thanks for posting the link to Brian's column. It's a pretty clever little story and my brother still might have that issue. Seems to me I do remember reading it. And you just know that someone was going to put a light saber in Doom's hands.

Colorist Matt Hollingsworth also posted a few more panels from Infamous Iron Man #2 on his Twitter.

This one is a expanded from of an earlier one

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Thanks for posting the link to Brian's column. It's a pretty clever little story and my brother still might have that issue. Seems to me I do remember reading it. And you just know that someone was going to put a light saber in Doom's hands.

Colorist Matt Hollingsworth also posted a few more panels from Infamous Iron Man #2 on his Twitter.

That looks incredible!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

It's hard to tell exactly what is going on but it does look like Bendis had Doom leaning heavily on his mystical talents. I like that a lot but I hope he doesn't neglect his technological skills also.

This is absolutely gorgeous!

When I first saw the new design for Victor's armor, I was skeptical but also suspected that it could be really great with dark shadows and beautiful and imaginative magical effects, so I can't ask for more. It's in fact better than I ever expected. The use of watercolors is great and reminds me Triumph and Torment. Very beautiful choice of colors also. Impressive!

A funny thing is that I've never really cared for the name of the colorist - except for Secret Wars I guess... - in the comic books that I like until very recently when I noticed how important the colors were in my reading experience of recent titles of the Hellboy Universe like the last issues of BPRD Hell on Earth (the story that made me buy comics again) or The Rise of the Black Flame. At the same time, wanting to read other books by Brubaker than Books of Doom, I bought the two volume of the Deluxe Edition of his Fatale (and loved it). THEN I realized that they were all colored by Dave Stewart - as almost of all of the books from the Mignolaverse - and that I was in fact truly found of the work of this artist...

On another hand, after a great Cover Contest about the Cities, I discovered Dean Motter's Terminal City. I loved it, so I decided also to have a look on some of his other works and bought Batman Nine Lives with the same artist Michael Lark. The concept and the art are fine, but I also loved the colors. But didn't look at the name of the colorist... So it was a really good surprise to discover that he was Matt Hollingsworth when I checked his twitter account... And that he worked also on Darwyn Cooke's Selina's Big Score - a favorite of mine. And Earth X ! And many other books I should check obviously...

What he shows on twitter of his process of creation is truly passionating. A great read. And many gorgeous watercolors !!! With Maleev, I think we have here a great team for the art of Infamous Iron Man. I'm happy !!!

Last but not least, Matt Hollingsworth is also connected to the Balkans !!! According to his wikipedia page he lives in Croatia since 2006. I checked his blog - a link on his comicbookdb page - and it appears that he is a good friend of Esad Ribic : he used to live in his house when he first traveled to Croatia... He also brews some great beers and have some interest in Roma culture - especially music. Nice !!! BTW I managed to get the Ribic variant for InfamousIM #1.

Now Bendis needs to provide a good story in which I hope that Latveria will be shown : with such a art team we can expect a great take on this European country so often treated like some kind of Disneyland...