Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Rumour: Phoenix Resurrection By Leinil Yu For Marvel Comics Coming In December?

Phoenix Resurrection By Leinil Yu For Marvel Comics Coming In December?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...nil-yu-marvel/

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Phoenix Resurrection By Leinil Yu For Marvel Comics Coming In December?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...nil-yu-marvel/
    WoaH, that all i have to say since i did not expected this but now that i am thinking, is it really necessary?

BANNED

It's more likely the Phoenix resurrects Cyclops or Wolverine than Jean Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It's more likely the Phoenix resurrects Cyclops or Wolverine than Jean Grey.
    Well, there are a lot of people talking about Wolverine possibly coming back and that possibly happening on Legacy #1, and Marvel said that one of the questions answered in that book is "Why has Jean Grey went to Canada?", so that seems pretty likely for me actually.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maestroneto View Post
    it's more likely the phoenix resurrects cyclops or wolverine than jean grey.
    phoenixavier

BANNED

Bringing back Logan would be just plain redundant when you have Laura, the Old Man, (who pretty much IS 616 Logan in how he's used) and Jimmy all running around. However because of the impact she'd have on the line — as well as the fact she's been dead longer — bringing Jean back would be a much more profound event.

BANNED

We already have a Logan, Jean and Scott anyway. Bringing back any of them is sort of unnecessary.

Xavier tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Bringing back Logan would be just plain redundant when you have Laura, the Old Man, (who pretty much IS 616 Logan in how he's used) and Jimmy all running around. However because of the impact she'd have on the line — as well as the fact she's been dead longer — bringing Jean back would be a much more profound event.
    Crisis of the Infinite Wolverines?

Well, with a title like that somebody's coming back .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, with a title like that somebody's coming back .
    Baby steps.

looking forward to it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Not to mention this sets up a lot more and opens the door to logan coming back, if you think about it the love of his life and his kids(Laura daken and gabby) should play or be involved in a big way when he comes back. And bringing her back opens the door to the o5 leaving. my guess is that old man Logan takes jimmy with him back to the wastland(in his secret wars book they had him meet jimmy and i think marvel wants them to become close) and the 05 either go with them or go home. with her return they don't have that many things to keep them back.

Also worth noting,with Scott dead they could have Logan end up with Jean, and you can picture how that would turn out and it would sell well, not to mention the dynamic that would cause would would be funny.

BANNED

The Phoenix will be an avenger now, so she/he will no longer be a 'villain', just like when she/he was an X-Men. So said the cbr site.

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-legacy-res...e-jean-grey/3/

In storylines like the classic Dark Phoenix Saga and the much more recent event Avengers vs. X-Men, the Phoenix was a danger to all, the ultimate force of annihilation in the universe. But in the recent pages of The Mighty Thor #19, the fifth and final chapter of the “Asgard/Shi’ar War” storyline, we were reminded that as one of the Shi’ar Empire’s gods, the Phoenix is believed to be a remnant of the fire of creation; it is not just a bringer of death, but of life as well.
    Although we do not yet know under which circumstances these seven heroes will unite, it’s a safe bet that it will be against a common foe, but the inclusion of the Phoenix on the roster is particularly noteworthy. Once again, this points to the fact that the Phoenix can be a force for good. Whatever threat these Avengers will face, it is one that even she will fight. If she so chooses to side with these superheroes, it must be because she fights on the side of good, of life.
    The Phoenix is equal parts destruction and creation. It can protect life, that it can fall in love, and that it can take part in a union that could save the Earth. Starting in Generations and heading into Marvel Legacy, it seems that there is a renewed focus on bringing the Phoenix back to the other half of what it was supposed to be. As we head into this new era of Marvel Comics, we could be looking at a whole new Phoenix, reborn from its ashes into something else. Something, ultimately, good.
    CBR should finally accept that Cyclops was right. But that's never going to happen because they hate him.

Another round of 'Troll The Jean Fans'?
    I can only hope it's really Jean returning but I honestly don't see Marvel doing anything like this until at least November 2018 to coincide with the release of X-Men: Dark Phoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

If Phoenix is hijacked and made an Avenger that will piss me off. I like the Avengers but come on all the Phoenix mythos since creation has been tied to the X-Men.