View Poll Results: Was Cyclops already over Jean before Emma came along?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 20.61%
  • No

59 45.04%
  • It's complicated.

45 34.35%
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I would argue to a telepath a psychic relationship is far worse than an actual physical sexual relationship.
    This is parroted around here all the time and I think it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

"Oh, Scott! How could you THINK with her?! It'd be different if you actually had sex, maybe I could have forgiven you—but YOU THOUGHT...THOUGHTS! You know how much THOUGHTS telepaths like me THINK!"

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    This is parroted around here all the time and I think it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

"Oh, Scott! How could you THINK with her?! It'd be different if you actual had sex, maybe I could have forgiven you—but YOU THOUGHT...THOUGHTS! You know how much THOUGHTS telepaths like me THINK!"
    Then why do women get more upset over an emotional relationship than a physical one?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Then why do women get more upset over an emotional relationship than a physical one?
    There's almost no truth to this comment generalizing women.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I think that's a problem with the women you hang out with.
    "Cable was right!"

There's almost no truth to this generalizing comment.
    There actually is a lot of truth to it. A study.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/men-a...ting_n_6462278
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I think that's a problem with the women you hang out with.
    See above. There are more studies out there too.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Yes... the problem with editorial on NXM was that they killed Jean, not like say anyone's personalities or anything. These characters are so consistent with their earlier portrayals! How did Jean and Scott last as long as they did?!?
    That's the part that always made me upset, I didn't care about Jean and Scott breaking up. I hated the fact that they killed Jean off so they didn't have to write about the emotional fallout of the story. It's a cop out because they didn't have the courage to actually take on telling a story about a marriage falling apart because of an affair. If you are going to start a story like that, finish it properly. I would have been perfectly ok if the whole story ended with Emma and Scott together and Jean and Logan together, they could do that for a few years until Scott and Logan had an affair on Emma and Jean, and then Emma and Jean finally come to the realization that they loved each other all along. Perfect ending to the story, Scott and Logan together, and Jean and Emma together.

"Oh, Scott! How could you THINK with her?! It'd be different if you actually had sex, maybe I could have forgiven you—but YOU THOUGHT...THOUGHTS! You know how much THOUGHTS telepaths like me THINK!"
    It wasn't only thoughts, he wasn't thinking about her. They were doing it on astral plane, it felt as real as real sex

Because they value more love than sexual attraction? On Scott case ot was both

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It wasn't only thoughts, he wasn't thinking about her. They were doing it on astral plane, it felt as real as real sex
    That's besides the point. Saying it's more offensive to Jean that it was telepathic is dumb and stupid. That's my problem with the comment that's parroted around here. It says that it's more offensive. I think telepathic or not, Jean would be hurt the same amount and would've had the same reaction.

Exactly, so it being a telepathic affair doesn't make it more offensive just because Jean's a telepath, it's just the same.

That's my overall point that I was getting at.

Mighty Member

The mods just need to peg The Rectangle thread to the top of the forum and be done with it. Every time a new wave of posters arrives, the cycle of this argument starts all over again.

That's besides the point. Saying it's more offensive to Jean that it was telepathic is dumb and stupid. That's my problem with the comment that's parroted around here. It says that it's more offensive. I think telepathic or not, Jean would be hurt the same amount and would've had the same reaction.
    It was more offensive because sh eused to have a psychic link, it was something unique she had with Scott.

Exactly, so it being a telepathic doesn't make it more offensive just because Jean's a telepath, it's just the same.

That's my overall point that I was getting at.
    I think it was worse as a stated above. And then Scott even tried to gaslight Jean

It was more offensive because sh eused to have a psychic link, it was something unique she had with Scott.
    You're right. Scott should've just nailed Emma on Jean's bed instead. She probably would've been more okay with that.

There actually is a lot of truth to it. A study.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/men-a...ting_n_6462278
    n= ~63k with variables such as age, genders, sexuality, and more. Incomplete study.

You're right. Scott should've just nailed Emma on Jean's bed instead. She probably would've been more okay with that.
    Probably better than walking in on a woman psychically cosplaying the darkest time in your life with your husband. But personally i don't blame Emma, she didn't owe Jean sh(# to be honest.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Emma was right

I have no excuses for people who is cheating. If you’re cheat on your wife that’s mean you don’t love her, that’s it. Cyclops wasn't possessed at that time period and his post-traumatic syndrome doesn’t make him an innocent helpless baby. Though he loved Jean as a family member and as friend + lets add some generic nostalgia to it.