Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

In GenX outside of down-time, she had that rich girl prep style. Something I missed in X-Factor, where I just wasn't feeling any of her outfits.

Plus, as we see, Monet wore short shorts and shows some mid-section now & again, but she never went that complete Emma-level boobs hanging out route as her X-Factor outfit.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-23-2019 at 04:00 PM.

Again lol
    Emma Boobs copy.jpg
    Something a bit more her GenX style would be good, imo. If I could draw or paint for crap, I'd try to design her a midriff superhero costume. lol

I may go back & do the M-Twins since they are trying to impersonate M, and may have an idea of her style. But for now, I wanted to start with actual M.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-23-2019 at 02:09 PM.

BANNED

good stuff Silverfang! love collages like this

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Someone call up Kevin Wada and have him design Monet a #couture costume. Monet deserves to look like she just stepped off the runway.

And he can put in some cute little Algerian accents while he's at it ...

BANNED

idk I like her in hip stuff but not high end fashion

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I've come to the head canon that a problematic and unmentioned aspect of Monet's "perfection" power set is that her skin color randomly changes tone, dark to light, in certain situations. Whether she does it consciously or if it's completely randomized is the issue and says something about the sociomutagenic aspect of her power set.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I've come to the head canon that a problematic and unmentioned aspect of Monet's "perfection" power set is that her skin color randomly changes tone, dark to light, in certain situations. Whether she does it consciously or if it's completely randomized is the issue and says something about the sociomutagenic aspect of her power set.
    We already have Darwin for bleaching power, and it seems pretty racist. Lol So they don't need to add that to Monet too. The X-Office just needs to stop flip-flipping her.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-23-2019 at 08:45 PM.

BANNED

if I were to design a more permanent uniform for her, it'd be purple even though that's usually associated with villainous characters

also don't like the idea that they're purposely changing her skin color deliberately per situation that's gross, I like to think a lot of it is various colorists trying to utilize different lighting in scenes, printing and paper changes over the years to be accounted for too

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    We already have Darwin for bleaching power, and it seems pretty racist. Lol So they don't need to add that to Monet too. The X-Office just needs to stop flip-flipping her.
    Ha! ikr?!!

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    if I were to design a more permanent uniform for her, it'd be purple even though that's usually associated with villainous characters.
    I was always thinking red for some reason. But she has a theme, and they've been more consistent with that than her skin, lol

But for a while now, Monet has worn black & white costumes with a red lining.

So I am stuck thinking up variations of costumes with that color scheme.

But if I had to go for a more dominant color, I just feel red for her. I guess it dates back to her GenX uniforms.

If I have to pick from existing costumes, I stand by her X-Men vol 4 outfit as being the best thing she's worn in recent years.

I'd be cool with this making a comeback instead of the X-Factor one.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-24-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Or even this one. Her very last X-Factor costume.

This was a step-up, imo.

But next to her X-Men outfit, I also love this one.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-24-2019 at 09:02 AM.

I think I maybe love the Greg Land costume the most at this point. Eek! I just am not in love with any of them.

They are all so...straightforward, except for maybe Anka's, whose design elements on this outfit don't make a lot of sense to me. The ribbing on the white portion as well as the black X just look like her outfit is squishing her breasts from opposite directions. I loved how he drew her face sometimes, but for someone usually better with fashion the outfit was a little too simple and her hair tended to look a little too SuperCuts (also really hated the layering that Land did to her hair).

I would love for her costume to have high-fashion elements, but thats a personal bias. I just want a *little* glamour here!

Yall peep this commission of Monet vs. Jessica Jones by the great Dima Ivanov?

Source

^

Pretty good/ I'm not to big on Monet being so muscular. It's ok to a point, like some of her looks in XM vol 4, but it can become a bit much. A couple of things I'm going back to. I saw this on unstable molecules and I love how they did a Gossip cover to show her updated Spotlight page.

Not my favorite design for M, but their add-ons to the cover to make it like a Gossip magazine are nice.

Also on an amusing note, while looking back over X-Factor, and talking about costumes, I found it funny this was the exact last time we see her boob-outfit.
    Monet is Trolled.jpg
    When we do see her again, she's then wearing the closed top. I guess being told your **** are out so much people are bored with them is a sign. lol

I also applaud Pip for finally telling her off & leaving her speechless for a change. PAD's Monet really works my nerves & is just about as unlikable as can be. Reading over this chapter again, Monet was written as being very cruel & careless. She was in tears when Guido died, but when he's back she starts calling him a freak & monster. Then we get her mocking Syrin for being in denial about Sean's death, then a few minutes later mocking her thinking God is out to get her because she lost her baby. Possibly one of the worst things she's said, especially given her own numerous issues that she still hadn't dealt with. Hopefully, PAD's Monet died with his run & we won't ever have a writer taking her to the levels of hypocrisy, meanness, tackiness, and cruelty that PAD did.

I haven't read all of his run, but from all of what I read on his Monet, and going back to the above scene from issue 230, it makes me even more determined to not read it all the way through.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-03-2019 at 09:59 PM.

Maybe something good will be waiting for Monet, as she makes Hickman's list for top 5 fav. mutants.
    List.jpg
    The only concerning thing is he has Sinister on this list. lol