Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dr. Lights vs Captain Marvels

Dr. Light (Arthur)
    Dr. Light (Kimiyo)

vs

Captain Marvel (Carol)
    Captain Marvel (Monica)

Which team wins?

Well, frankly Arthur’s getting wrecked here. His powers would just charge Carol up and he has no way to stop her from tearing him apart.

Kimiyo is trickier, since, like Monica, she can actually turn into light. I’m not sure whether she has Monica’s reactions for doing so though, or (in the event that she doesn’t) whether Monica could overload her before she could react. Or alternatively, if she could react, whether she could control Monica.

I kind of feel like neither of the Doctors can really hurt Carol though.

BANNED

Wait doesn’t Light (Arthur) control light or energy ? In a teen titans book I believe he pulled the energy out of super boys eyes and someone elses

Yeah, he does. But Carol absorbs it to power her up. So if he hits her with anything energy-based, she’s getting a boost rather than damage.

But when it comes to Carol’s own brand of damage, i.e. physical damage and general punchy-punchiness, he’s quite squishy.

BANNED

How can she absorb it if he controls it...wouldn’t he just drain her? I’m reading how he’s able to control anything as long as it’s light...whatever that means but basically green lantern constructs, wonder girls lightning from her lasso, manipulating the rays power, the good dr lights power

How would she attack or hurt him if he just redirects her powers at her or drains her

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    How can she absorb it if he controls it...wouldn’t he just drain her? I’m reading how he’s able to control anything as long as it’s light...whatever that means but basically green lantern constructs, wonder girls lightning from her lasso, manipulating the rays power, the good dr lights power

How would she attack or hurt him if he just redirects her powers at her or drains her
    If he tries to attack her, she can steal that energy. He can't drain the energy *out* of her, because it's not light energy at that point.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

Energy is energy in the comics he can control all forms of energy including magic...so he’d just drain her or make her powers work against her

The rules say the fighters fight at their peak...so he’d just do that.

Peak Carol is Binary, she could drain him as well she's like Starfire and controls Energy as well

Energy is energy in the comics he can control all forms of energy including magic...so he’d just drain her or make her powers work against her

The rules say the fighters fight at their peak...so he’d just do that.
    a) It’s not a case of ‘energy is energy’ - if it were he’d basically be unbeatable. In Light’s case he can wrest control of anything that emits light. The Ray’s powers, Superboy’s vision, Wonder Girl’s lightning... all of those things emit light. Carol doesn’t, unless she’s blasting him (which she wouldn’t do, because... basic knowledge), and when she’s Binary.
    b) I can’t comment on the ‘controls magic’ thing because I’ve not seen the feat in question, but it sounds dodgy AF.
    c) Even without using energy emitting powers, Carol is a decent level flying brick. She can squish Arthur. Arthur’s powers involve hitting her with light, which she’d absorb and become more powerful, or of punching her with his normal human strength, which she’d laugh at. He can’t do anything to her but she can definitively mess him up. His only attack option is a bit like attacking Hulk by making him angry. It’s not advisable.

BANNED

It’s energy...that’s what light is

Ok then I don’t understand this fight or the logic in it...you have a flying brick who can punch Lights head off in a match?

Second the whole energy thing...I say light can control her energy...then I’m told no he can’t

Ok then I ask how does she win...well she just drains his energy...what?

I thought the rules said they have to fight at their best? If Arthur fight Superman superbly prime etc why couldn’t he just drain them...all that keeps them strong is yellow sunlight

BANNED

Also how would she just punch his head off? Is she stronger then superbly, Star light, red star? Because he’s been hit by them and isn’t dead

I don’t think she could drain him, no. He has way more feats of that than she does.

But Superman is kind of a weird case, in that he explicitly has his powers due to yellow sunlight, so if that is drained away, and DC seems fine with that, then it’s drained away. And he’s powerless, I guess...?

Carol, not so much. Sure, she absorbs and redirects energy that attacks her, and it does make her stronger, but her base form is plenty strong enough to punch Light’s head off, and she doesn’t need to absorb energy to operate at that level. She’s not Superman. She’s not solar powered.

Some fights work, some not so well.

Based on what you’re saying of Light draining Superman, then we have a situation here where (speed equalised), Light beats Supes who beats Carol who beats Light.

Weird crap like that just happens sometimes.

Also how would she just punch his head off? Is she stronger then superbly, Star light, red star? Because he’s been hit by them and isn’t dead
    That comes under the umbrella of PIS, or possibly pulling punches.

If someone with normal human strength and durability gets hit by a super-strong brick, they’re getting turned into red mist.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    That comes under the umbrella of PIS, or possibly pulling punches.

If someone with normal human strength and durability gets hit by a super-strong brick, they’re getting turned into red mist.
    Well, unless he's generating force fields. That would do it. And if he's a better energy manipulator than Carol she shouldn't just be able to drain those away.

I dunno who is better between them though.

That’s a good point. Although ultimately at some point he’s going to have to rest.

I mean, they both are, but Arthur can’t hurt Carol with his powers, even if she’s sleeping.

(Nobody make any references to Arthur Light’s somewhat creepy late-Post-Crisis history here.)

Whereas Carol can hurt him just fine if he’s not holding his forcefields up due to sleepage.