Page 754 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 2546547047447507517527537547557567577587648048541254 ... LastLast
Results 11,296 to 11,310 of 20754

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    You all joke, but I am pretty annoyed about nearly everything about this omnibus:

- This material getting an omnibus when there is no omnibus touching it on either side
    - This material getting an omnibus while Kelly/Seagle is coming out in trades
    - That we're supposed to pretend that Marvel will release the trash odds-and-ends OHC that gets us from here to New X-Men
    - The omnibus skipping Dark Seduction, which is Revolution-branded
    - That a certain collections editor randomly decided that X-Men Forever fits differently into the reading order than it does before
    - The fugly cover

I own all of these issues already and would merrily bind them myself in the order I think is right.

If Marvel truly plans to go all-in on a completely continuous OHC run of post-Onslaught X-Men and expect us to believe them I think it's time they took the Shang-Chi approach to communicate their planned map and schedule ahead of time. Otherwise, my confidence level is not high.
    I doubt that many people, including die-hard Claremont fans, think that this omnibus is Claremont's greatest work. However, we know that there are enough Claremont/X-Men fans who will buy it regardless of quality (see last year's Marvel Universe by Chris Claremont OHC) so it makes commercial sense for Marvel to collect all of the Claremont material in one place - think of it as being like a 'bad bank' where the most toxic assets are held separately. And this way, the less toxic assets can be shifted into potential pre- and post-Revolution omnibuses.

Of course, it may be that I'm being a bit selfish here since I'd prefer that Dark Seduction and X-Men Forever are collected at the back of a potential Alan Davis Omnibus since that's the only omnibus I'd buy from this era...

Quote Originally Posted by RBerman View Post
    the "boob sock" top on Rogue and Phoenix
    LOL ... this is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    X-MEN: REVOLUTION BY CHRIS CLAREMONT OMNIBUS Cover by ART ADAMS:

This is almost Liefeld-bad ... Colossus must be, what, 10 feet tall or standing on a step ladder! Also is he made entirely of steel cables? Shoulder pads galore! Why is Cable wearing Cyclops' visor as a neckerchief? Where did Kitty Pryde get a FREAKING WOLVERINE CLAW (?!) from? Is this the X-Men Forever connection? She had a claw there but I thought that was a what if type story? Psylocke with Rambo head-band and one boob bigger than the other like an over-milked nanny goat. It's mostly universally cheesy. And the Beast's tiny head and skull cap. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    You all joke, but I am pretty annoyed about nearly everything about this omnibus:

- This material getting an omnibus when there is no omnibus touching it on either side
    - This material getting an omnibus while Kelly/Seagle is coming out in trades
    - That we're supposed to pretend that Marvel will release the trash odds-and-ends OHC that gets us from here to New X-Men
    - The omnibus skipping Dark Seduction, which is Revolution-branded
    - That a certain collections editor randomly decided that X-Men Forever fits differently into the reading order than it does before
    - The fugly cover

I own all of these issues already and would merrily bind them myself in the order I think is right.

If Marvel truly plans to go all-in on a completely continuous OHC run of post-Onslaught X-Men and expect us to believe them I think it's time they took the Shang-Chi approach to communicate their planned map and schedule ahead of time. Otherwise, my confidence level is not high.
    Yeah ... this was about as out-of-left-field a choice for a new Omnibus book as Muppet Babies. I wonder if Marvel is going out of their way to try & appease Claremont + Byrne? I mean we've seen much of their work get collected in HC the past few years, with a ton of trash collected along the way. I'm specifically thinking of the Marvel Universe by Claremont and Marvel Universe by Byrne HC books. Forgettable stuff mostly. Well, that's just being nice. It's mostly dreck. Byrne's stuff was okay but 90% of it had already been collected elsewhere. And there's been rumors for years that Marvel keeps Claremont on contract retainer, but doesn't actually have him WRITE anything, so maybe this is how they pay him ... by re-releasing any-and-everything of his work they have in back-stock no matter how good or terrible (or relevant to today's work) it actually is.
    Last edited by grahamgg; 02-02-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    LOL ... this is hilarious.

This is almost Liefeld-bad ... Colossus must be, what, 10 feet tall or standing on a step ladder! Also is he made entirely of steel cables? Shoulder pads galore! Why is Cable wearing Cyclops' visor as a neckerchief? Where did Kitty Pryde get a FREAKING WOLVERINE CLAW (?!) from? Is this the X-Men Forever connection? She had a claw there but I thought that was a what if type story? Psylocke with Rambo head-band and one boob bigger than the other like an over-milked nanny goat. It's mostly universally cheesy. And the Beast's tiny head and skull cap. Sheesh.

Yeah ... this was about as out-of-left-field a choice for a new Omnibus book as Muppet Babies. I wonder if Marvel is going out of their way to try & appease Claremont + Byrne? I mean we've seen much of their work get collected in HC the past few years, with a ton of trash collected along the way. I'm specifically thinking of the Marvel Universe by Claremont and Marvel Universe by Byrne HC books. Forgettable stuff mostly. Well, that's just being nice. It's mostly dreck. Byrne's stuff was okay but 90% of it had already been collected elsewhere. And there's been rumors for years that Marvel keeps Claremont on contract retainer, but doesn't actually have him WRITE anything, so maybe this is how they pay him ... by re-releasing any-and-everything of his work they have in back-stock no matter how good or terrible (or relevant to today's work) it actually is.
    In fairness, I didn't mind Cable's design at the time. Cyclops was dead following The Twelve storyline and the '"neckerchief" was his homage to his Dad.
    I don't get the Shadowcat claw use though. Appreciate Wolverine got some of his bone claws smashed off (by Cyber?), but why Kitty would feel the need to use it as an effective weapon!?!

Spectacular Member

Whilst this is the weakest material, it does give me hope that we'll get X-Treme X-Men Omnibus vol.1&2, and Uncanny X-Men:The New Age Omnibus (including Excalibur vol.2) all of which is Claremont material I enjoyed.
    Last edited by jm21; 02-02-2018 at 03:05 PM.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    I doubt that many people, including die-hard Claremont fans, think that this omnibus is Claremont's greatest work. However, we know that there are enough Claremont/X-Men fans who will buy it regardless of quality (see last year's Marvel Universe by Chris Claremont OHC) so it makes commercial sense for Marvel to collect all of the Claremont material in one place - think of it as being like a 'bad bank' where the most toxic assets are held separately. And this way, the less toxic assets can be shifted into potential pre- and post-Revolution omnibuses.

Of course, it may be that I'm being a bit selfish here since I'd prefer that Dark Seduction and X-Men Forever are collected at the back of a potential Alan Davis Omnibus since that's the only omnibus I'd buy from this era...
    See, I feel like that's all the more reason to pack in other semi-related periodic stuff into the Claremont book - because it's OBVIOUSLY going to sell better than the book without his name.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    Whilst this is the weakest material, it does give me hope that we'll get X-Treme X-Men Omnibus vol.1&2, and Uncanny X-Men:The New Age Omnibus (including Excalibur vol.2) all of which is Claremont material I enjoyed.
    Indeed, X-Treme X-Men is also a way better choice than this material as is New Age!
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member

How much Claremont is actually left to collect?

The obvious "Most Wanted" material is 5 books:
    Uncanny X-Men Omnibus vol.4
    New Mutants by Claremont Omnibus
    X-Men: Crossroads OHC
    X-Men: Before the Fall OHC
    Excalibur by Claremont & Davis Omnibus

Now we're getting X-Men Revolution Omnibus, that leads into 3 more:
    X-Treme X-Men vol.1-2
    Uncanny X-Men: The New Age (although I do see the merit splitting this to pre-/post-HoM)

Post-HoM, I'd love a New Excalibur / Exiles by Claremont Omnibus (New Excalibur #1-24, Exiles #90-100, X-Men: Die by the Sword #1-5) and a New Exiles OHC / Omnibus

So that would be 10-11 books, 5 of which must be a certainty at some point?
    Are there any other big Claremont collections worth an Omnibus?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

They need to reprint/remake Inferno at some point. (Why the hell is it more expensive than Claremont&Lee 1 and 2 COMBINED?!)

There's also his Nightcrawler run.
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    They need to reprint/remake Inferno at some point. (Why the hell is it more expensive than Claremont&Lee 1 and 2 COMBINED?!)

There's also his Nightcrawler run.
    Oww, good call - a Nightcrawler OHC would be great.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Nightcrawler was only 12 issues, right?
    Was it good?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Nightcrawler was only 12 issues, right?
    Was it good?
    yep, 12 issues. Old-old-old-fashioned even for my x-fans friends.

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post
    yep, 12 issues. Old-old-old-fashioned even for my x-fans friends.
    Does that include the four issue mini in the 1980s?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Does that include the four issue mini in the 1980s?
    Must not. I was in a hurry earlier, just went over to ComicVine and it's 12 issues.
    Now, if they included the 80's 4 issue mini and say maybe Nightcrawlers origin issue + 2-3 other Nightcrawler centric X-Men story arcs that would possibly be an Omni I'd look into getting.

Amazing Member Orf with his head's Avatar

Must not. I was in a hurry earlier, just went over to ComicVine and it's 12 issues.
    Now, if they included the 80's 4 issue mini and say maybe Nightcrawlers origin issue + 2-3 other Nightcrawler centric X-Men story arcs that would possibly be an Omni I'd look into getting.
    There’s also the Nightcrawler series from the noughties (16 or 19 issues, cannot remember to be exact) which could bulk everything up to one large OHC/omnibus

Volume 1
    Giant Size X-Men #1 (1975) - origin issue
    Nightcrawler (1985) - 4 issues first mini
    Nightcrawler (2002) - 4 issues Icon event mini-series
    Nightcrawler (2004) - 12 issues vol.1 ongoing
    This is 21 issues.
    Include NC centric stories from 80s-90s to fill issues and get up to 35-40 issues.

Volume 2
    Amazing X-Men #1-6(2014) - 6 issues "Quest for Nightcrawler"
    Nightcrawler (2014) - 12 issues vol.2 ongoing
    This is 18 issues.
    Include NC centric issues from 2005 to present from X-Men stories to get up to 30-35 issues

Mapping isn't my strong suit but this could be a start.

Spectacular Member

Volume 1
    Giant Size X-Men #1 (1975) - origin issue
    Nightcrawler (1985) - 4 issues first mini
    Nightcrawler (2002) - 4 issues Icon event mini-series
    Nightcrawler (2004) - 12 issues vol.1 ongoing
    This is 21 issues.
    Include NC centric stories from 80s-90s to fill issues and get up to 35-40 issues.

Volume 2
    Amazing X-Men #1-6(2014) - 6 issues "Quest for Nightcrawler"
    Nightcrawler (2014) - 12 issues vol.2 ongoing
    This is 18 issues.
    Include NC centric issues from 2005 to present from X-Men stories to get up to 30-35 issues

Mapping isn't my strong suit but this could be a start.
    I really enjoyed the whole run of Amazing X-Men - I'd have happily snapped an OHC of it up!

Good suggestion with Nightcrawler. Are there any other characters anyone would like to see a collection for?
    The incoming Carnage and Venomnibus got me thinking about Magneto and Sabretooth. There must be a good amount of non-X material in various titles for both to collect a decent OHC or Omnibus.

I know there's a lot of x-double dipping, but the following is all the key Magneto material from his childhood to X-Men v.2 (thanks Krisis):
    X-Men: Magneto Testament (2008) #1-5
    Marvel Comics Presents Vol. 2 (2007) #3 (2nd story)
    X-Men (1963) #1 & 4-6
    Avengers (1963) #47-49 > X-Men (1963) #43-45 > Avengers (1963) #53
    X-Men (1963) #62-63
    Fantastic Four (1961) #102-104
    Avengers (1963) #110-111
    Uncanny X-Men (1963) #111-113 & 150
    Marvel Graphic Novel (1982) #5: X-Men – God Loves, Man Kills
    Secret Wars #1-2
    Uncanny X-Men #199-200
    New Mutants (1st series) #49, 51, & 74-75
    Captain America (1968) #366-367
    Uncanny X-Men (1981) #269 & 274-275
    X-Men Vol. 2 (1991) #1-3

Good Omnibus size!
    Last edited by jm21; 02-04-2018 at 03:17 PM.