Page 91 of 112 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1675

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    The January issue!

EXCALIBUR #17
    TINI HOWARD (W), MARCUS TO (A)
    Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
    QUEEN ELIZABETH III?!? Opportunities and opportunists. Two heads-of-state seek to restore the state of things.
    32 pages, $3.99.
    Thanks.

I guess Tini will be sticking around for a while. I wish they changed the art at least. Asrar does such amazing covers, I wish he did the interiors as well.

And I agree Rogue, Gambit and Jubilee being there and doing nothing is very frustrating. The 3 of them plus Betsy should have great chemistry together.

Who are the two heads of state? Jamie and Saturnyne?
    A picture would last longer darling...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

LOLS at Betsy's expression on that cover.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

I don't like Asrar art work at all for Betsy's face. Much prefer Marcus cover or Salva

so looks like this book is going to be more like Game of Thrones between the kingdoms

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    That cover is amazing DDDD I wonder if that's her back from the dead.... or maybe she doesn't have to die after all
    It kind of looks like she has on a variation of Saturnyne's cape... perhaps a coup?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    I don't like Asrar art work at all for Betsy's face. Much prefer Marcus cover or Salva

so looks like this book is going to be more like Game of Thrones between the kingdoms
    That... might actually be really interesting.

All hail our queen

I was pleasantly surprised with #13. Loved the dynamics between the Braddocks and their play with Saturyne.
    As for Betsy insisted on keeping her CB status, I think it's more like that she's done with people telling her or making decisions for her. In the past she repeatedly being manipulated (especially her body) by others. I think she wants to decide for herself what to do with her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    We're eating girls

YESS.
    Love the Cover of #17. Guess she'd survive XOS.
    Will she be a queen to a state of Otherworld? Last we heard, Kingdom of Dryador was occupied by the Amenth and the forces of Okkara. Will be she taking over the Kingdom once they've been defeated? Or something might happen to Jamie and Betsy will step up as the new Queen? Or is it an alternate Betsy?

Ultimate Member

Well she certainly doesn't look very happy to be queen, perhaps she makes some deal with Jamie and has to serve as queen for a bit but decides that she hates it and goes back to adventuring...

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

GORGEOUS cover.

Still can't get over the prophecy about her: "She will lose more than she planned for." Maybe she was okay/preparing to be okay with losing the CB mantle, but Brian also dies? She loses her brother and somehow Saturnyne will force her to give up being CB? But she decides, "No stfu hunni I became CB for a reason," triggering an Otherworld crisis?

Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    GORGEOUS cover.

Still can't get over the prophecy about her: "She will lose more than she planned for." Maybe she was okay/preparing to be okay with losing the CB mantle, but Brian also dies? She loses her brother and somehow Saturnyne will force her to give up being CB? But she decides, "No stfu hunni I became CB for a reason," triggering an Otherworld crisis?

Can't wait.
    Right? There is also something one of the writer said in an interview : "not everybody brought the right sword".

So maybe their attempts to fool Saturnyne will eventually bite them in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well she certainly doesn't look very happy to be queen, perhaps she makes some deal with Jamie and has to serve as queen for a bit but decides that she hates it and goes back to adventuring...
    We don’t like our monarchs to smile. Gives off the wrong kind of vibes. See every royal portrait ever.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Right? There is also something one of the writer said in an interview : "not everybody brought the right sword".

So maybe their attempts to fool Saturnyne will eventually bite them in the ass.
    We first have to realize, that Saturnyne isn't really a villain or an antagonist but rather a 3rd party mediator. Yes she sets up the tournament but we must remember that without her tournament, the alternative is a full scale invasion of Krakkoa and possibly earth which would be a mass casualty event no matter the outcome.

And now you go into her house, make her think she's going to finally get to 'have' her long time crush/love (which is a really cruel thing to knowingly do to someone - anyone, let alone someone who largely has the fate of your country/lives/world in her hands), only to pull the rug out from under her AND steal the sword from her? And you expect no repercussions from this? Also note she conjured/summoned that sword so there's a good chance she could just 'undo' that any time she wants.

Seems penny wise, dollar stupid here. A better long term plan would've been to let her 'have' Brian and get the sword from her with her blessing, rather than pissing her off and stealing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    We first have to realize, that Saturnyne isn't really a villain or an antagonist but rather a 3rd party mediator. Yes she sets up the tournament but we must remember that without her tournament, the alternative is a full scale invasion of Krakkoa and possibly earth which would be a mass casualty event no matter the outcome.

And now you go into her house, make her think she's going to finally get to 'have' her long time crush/love (which is a really cruel thing to knowingly do to someone - anyone, let alone someone who largely has the fate of your country/lives/world in her hands), only to pull the rug out from under her AND steal the sword from her? And you expect no repercussions from this? Also note she conjured/summoned that sword so there's a good chance she could just 'undo' that any time she wants.

Seems penny wise, dollar stupid here. A better long term plan would've been to let her 'have' Brian and get the sword from her with her blessing, rather than pissing her off and stealing it.
    You make some good points. but Saturnyne is very morally ambiguous and intended to drift the twins apart with her prophecy since she hates Betsy.

Anyways, this "betrayal"will make for some interesting twits and revelations, which are very much needed in storytelling. It would have been to flat if all the swords they aquired didn't have consequences. Fooling Saturnyne, stealing the Wakandan blade, trading something for Muramasa...all these will have important consequences.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    You make some good points. but Saturnyne is very morally ambiguous and intended to drift the twins apart with her prophecy since she hates Betsy.

Anyways, this "betrayal"will make for some interesting twits and revelations, which are very much needed in storytelling. It would have been to flat if all the swords they aquired didn't have consequences. Fooling Saturnyne, stealing the Wakandan blade, trading something for Muramasa...all these will have important consequences.
    I've only recently learned about her but she's one of the most wildly inconsistently portrayed characters I've seen in a while. She has the power to freeze armies but had a sword pilfered right in front of her?

Also, she seems to hate mutants, but loves Brian - who has the X gene in his family. Not sure how the genetics works in this situation but there's a higher than normal chance of her own offspring from this relationship would be mutants. Even if not, you're getting a mutant brother in law and sister in law. I'm not sure if she is wholly anti-mutant, or just anti-CB being a mutant, or just hating on Betsy b/c she doesn't like her specifically and that's just another reason to hate on her we can't be sure.

Back to the story though She is definitely not aligned with Krakoa, and is definitely playing both sides for her own benefit. I think that this was kind of a test on her part to see where Brian's heart and loyalties truly lie. Note that she didn't retaliate, when she could have clearly just froze them all in place and taken the sword back. Rather she calmly just lets them go, says that she looks forward to the next round. We see her depicted only with her hands covering....herself. We don't see her face, only her hands and what they are covering. I think that's a visual way of telling the reader that she's now closed herself off from that connection with Brian and that retribution will not be immediate. It'll come later and will be far more severe.

BANNED

Any mutant or superhero or villain can "simply just use their powers" to nullify any plot, so that's an argument as old as time that just doesn't work unfortunately. And besides that, Saturnyne has only just been shown to be wildly powerful in Otherworld in a way that she can basically bend anything to her will it seems. However, she isn't a god like Merlyn or Roma, she is still just human.

And her relationship with Brian, and the Braddocks is complicated. But essentially she feels like she has Brian wrapped around her finger, and acts like it, until he is in the way of her ambitions. So it's not exactly a loving relationship. More abusive really, but you'd have to research to answer all your questions you may have about why the Braddocks are often her weak spot.