Page 75 of 88 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1306

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    Babs getting good writing and a new solid direction is what she needs. Oracle without the wheelchair is a bit hard to sell and Batgirl doesn't allow for someone as established and well known as her to move on.
    Agreed. Being Batgirl but working with Steph and Cass seem like a reasonable option if that's what they're going with.

Well, that and using the Three Jokers costume...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Agreed. Being Batgirl but working with Steph and Cass seem like a reasonable option if that's what they're going with.

Well, that and using the Three Jokers costume...
    Yes that would be great, Babs as Batgirl teaming with the other Batgirls and wearing her 3 Jokers costume.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    Yes that would be great, Babs as Batgirl teaming with the other Batgirls and wearing her 3 Jokers costume.
    I'd be okay with that, especially if Bette gets to return (I miss her so much!)
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    Babs getting good writing and a new solid direction is what she needs. Oracle without the wheelchair is a bit hard to sell and Batgirl doesn't allow for someone as established and well known as her to move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    If she's not in a wheelchair then I don't see much point in her being Oracle. But if she's creepled again it would seem like a regression. It's a no win situation really.
    I'm able to buy it because back when Babs was Oracle they used to say she was a greater asset as Oracle than she was than as Batgirl. Even if being Batgirl is more "fun", I can see Babs accepting her skills as Oracle are more needed right now than another crimefighter on the street. Bruce and the rest of the family are going to operating with less resources, they don't even have Alfred to man the Batcomputer in the cave anymore, and it's not like they can take out a classified ad for full time computer support and mission control for their vigilante activities. Barbara has the skills and already has their trust and confidence. You can see it being mature and responsible and putting her friends and teammates needs above her preference to be Batgirl.

Honestley, Barbara is a character who's fans seem so incredibly different in what they want her to be be it's probably impossible finding a good solution for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    You can’t permanently cripple her anymore the technology exist to prevent it their world not including magic.
    I really hate when I see people make this argument because intentionally or not, it sounds like you're saying disabled people shouldn't exist in universe at all and are arguing against any attempt at disabled representation at all. I understand it's probably coming more out of a protectiveness of Babs and not wanting to see her disabled again, but can we try to put forth less anti-disabled representation sounding defenses?

And even so, technology isn't perfect or an all purpose fix. Remember Babs got a warning next time her implant is disabled/fryed the damage won't be fixable.

Of course this isn't really here or there since they aren't planning on disabling her. And it seems she'll still be doing some field work as Batgirl.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I'm able to buy it because back when Babs was Oracle they used to say she was a greater asset as Oracle than she was than as Batgirl. Even if being Batgirl is more "fun", I can see Babs accepting her skills as Oracle are more needed right now than another crimefighter on the street. Bruce and the rest of the family are going to operating with less resources, they don't even have Alfred to man the Batcomputer in the cave anymore, and it's not like they can take out a classified ad for full time computer support and mission control for their vigilante activities. Barbara has the skills and already has their trust and confidence. You can see it being mature and responsible and putting her friends and teammates needs above her preference to be Batgirl.

Honestley, Barbara is a character who's fans seem so incredibly different in what they want her to be be it's probably impossible finding a good solution for everyone.

I really hate when I see people make this argument because intentionally or not, it sounds like you're saying disabled people shouldn't exist in universe at all and are arguing against any attempt at disabled representation at all. I understand it's probably coming more out of a protectiveness of Babs and not wanting to see her disabled again, but can we try to put forth less anti-disabled representation sounding defenses?

And even so, technology isn't perfect or an all purpose fix. Remember Babs got a warning next time her implant is disabled/fryed the damage won't be fixable.

Of course this isn't really here or there since they aren't planning on disabling her. And it seems she'll still be doing some field work as Batgirl.
    I agree with this
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

They could use her not being in a wheel chair to update Oracle and modernize it. Selling it as a new form of Oracle. Oracle should be more then just the chair.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-27-2020 at 03:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

spoilers:
    Batgirl 50 was surpisingly a good ending to the run. Even though I'm not a fan of her romance with jason bard, I think Cecil did a good job with it in this issue. The backup with the batgirls and the birds of prey was a lot of fun as well.
    end of spoilers

Some of the political stuff was heavy handed, but I loved Babs giving it to Dick. That was great. Dead on too cause Ric and his girlfriend were complete a-holes to her. I couldn’t stomach her apologizing again, when she was the one in the right the entire time. She was the one that helped him in the hospital, she was the one Bea had to run to after she more told Babs to get lost cause Ric was ok and totally normal, she is the one that had to do all the work to get the MacGuffin so Bea could literally come out of nowhere to steal the save. So, ya. That was good.

Babs had another reason to be pissed off. Turns out Dick and Tim were getting paid to be Nightwing and Robin. Whereas Bruce doesn't finance Batgirl. She swore when she found that out. Pay up, Batman!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, Babs calling out Dick and shitting on the Ric story was great. More writers should take turns beating up that storyline for how garbage it was. Ric, Bea, and everything associated with it deserve to be constantly knocked for having readers put up with two years of crap and even more at this point. The political stuff was kind of bad, but I thought it was hilarious that Babs had to lecture Bruce on how hard the people of Gotham have it like he isn't aware of it, haha.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Babs had another reason to be pissed off. Turns out Dick and Tim were getting paid to be Nightwing and Robin. Whereas Bruce doesn't finance Batgirl. She swore when she found that out. Pay up, Batman!
    Batman gives Tim and Dick an allowance. He doesn't exactly pay them to be superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Which is a bit odd given that every other Dick/Nightwing story is him refusing to take Bruce's money or help.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Which is a bit odd given that every other Dick/Nightwing story is him refusing to take Bruce's money or help.
    Probably because the writer needs a reason for her to keep lecturing everyone during this whole issue, including her father. Except for her terrorist boyfriend, he is alright.

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

Better hide Tim and Damian.

Astonishing Member

Is this issue canon after all? As far as I remember, Castellucci wrote that she was leading to some other status quo and now everything has changed. Returning for being Oracle, for example, was ignored here for some reason.