Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    ... (and Slade certainly seems to have)....
    Which will never not seem weird to me. Slade's great in the original NTT stories, pre-Perez departure. He was a dangerous, competent badass. But I will never forget that it took him two years in-universe to figure out a way to kill a group of teenagers. And his plan required another teenager to do a big chunk of the work. Like, Dick could stand up to him and even escape him with an injured ankle, a pissed off Gar can knock him around, and Kory and Donna unleashed as a team or even individuals could probably take him out.

No way do I see him as the League level or even Batman level threat he is painted as these days. Terra was more than capable of killing him (and actually managed it in both adaptations), and she is not a League level threat. It may have been better for Deathstroke and the Titans property as a whole if The Judas Contract had been Slade's swan song, as it sort of was in-story at the time where he was past his prime.

Just a few randoms

Sportsmaster
    Double Down
    Killer Bee and HIVE
    Count Vertigo
    Crazy Quilt
    Anglette
    Rainbow Raider

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Which will never not seem weird to me. Slade's great in the original NTT stories, pre-Perez departure. He was a dangerous, competent badass. But I will never forget that it took him two years in-universe to figure out a way to kill a group of teenagers. And his plan required another teenager to do a big chunk of the work. Like, Dick could stand up to him and even escape him with an injured ankle, a pissed off Gar can knock him around, and Kory and Donna unleashed as a team or even individuals could probably take him out.

No way do I see him as the League level or even Batman level threat he is painted as these days. Terra was more than capable of killing him (and actually managed it in both adaptations), and she is not a League level threat. It may have been better for Deathstroke and the Titans property as a whole if The Judas Contract had been Slade's swan song, as it sort of was in-story at the time where he was past his prime.
    If i remember correctly, at some point in his first solo series, Slade did recieve a power boost.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Problem is, is that it was based on the New Teen Titans. Something that still hasn't been re-introduced yet.

And the backstory was that Dick (as Robin) created the suit in order to trick Slade (Wilson) into thinking he was a new player and to get information on Slade. But he never told the other Titans about it, and Slade saw through it immediately. It nearly cost him his friends and his life. So, he locked the suit up in the bowels of Titans Tower. Later on, someone broke in, hacked the security measures, and made off with the suit. And up until the end of the series, despite several run ins with this new Red X, they never caught him nor figured out who was behind the mask. And while a thief, he wasn't in the trade to take over the city or anything. He was just in it for the next big score. And to taunt the Titans.

Shamelessly flirting with Starfire in front of Dick, evading and taking on the Titans as a whole several times, and even aiding Robin on a few occasions were all key parts of Red X the second.
    Don't see why this couldn't be imported, with or without the NTT. Some specifics would be different, but the overall

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The problem with Titans villains is that they are usually made to be a thread for the entire team, and probably to powerful for Dick alone. You could maybe have hi go up against one or two members of the Brotherhood, Fearsome Five but not the entire teams, and Trigon is definitely nothing that belongs in a Nightwing solo story.
    I'd say mammoth, but Blockbuster is pretty solidified as Dick's big-strong-guy-villain. I think that Jinx would be the most interesting, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Yeah, it's weird. For me, I discovered Slade after he had already become a big-ish, Bat-level threat so for me, it's weird seeing him get kicked around by a bunch of kids. In my mind, he'd take Bruce in a straight up fight so seeing him lose to Robin is a trip.

I just write it off as Slade being one of those villains who did get better with time, the same way I'm suggesting DC show how the Titans have improved with experience and age. But I cant hold it against anybody who gets freaked out by how badass they treat Slade now. He sure as hell didn't start out this way.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Grant Wilson (from New Teen Titans)
    Probably won't happen, but I would like to see him make a return. Many won't agree, but I thought he had potential.

Prometheus (from JLA)
    Would definitely pose a challenge for Dick both physically & mentally.

Osiris (from the Wallace/Fiorentino run on Titans)
    A member of Deathstroke's Titans, he'd be a tough customer for Dick to corral.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-04-2019 at 06:26 AM. Reason: added a few words.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I'd say mammoth, but Blockbuster is pretty solidified as Dick's big-strong-guy-villain. I think that Jinx would be the most interesting, honestly.
    Mommoth is stong enough to go up against Superman, he is imo not really a good pick for a Nightwing villain.

Mommoth is stong enough to go up against Superman, he is imo not really a good pick for a Nightwing villain.
    I guess Dick would just have to outsmart him, then.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Probably won't happen, but I would like to see him make a return. Many won't agree, but I thought he had potential.

Prometheus (from JLA)

I agree about Grant Wilson. I think he'd make a great antagonist. Maybe he should be Red X?

Instead of Prometheus, what about Wrath? and Scorn?

Osiris was treated very badly by Amanda Waller. I would like his return.

Mighty Member

This guy...

Is it common knowledge that the original Robin is Nightwing in universe?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I guess Dick would just have to outsmart him, then.
    I really don't see how he could take Mammoth out without PIS.

I just don't think that Mammoth would make for a interesting villain on his own since he is really just dumb muscle, Blackbuster is imo way more interesting.

Like the epic Batman v Joker

Nightwing v Chickenwing has a great ring to it.
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-04-2019 at 09:40 AM.

I really don't see how he could take Mammoth out without PIS.

I just don't think that Mammoth would make for a interesting villain on his own since he is really just dumb muscle, Blackbuster is imo way more interesting.
    Right, I think that Blockbuster is the reason why Mammoth shouldn't be used as a Nightwing villain, not that Dick couldn't handle him. Dick couldn't stand toe to toe with him, but why would he try?

What ever happened to Catgirl ?
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-04-2019 at 02:06 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Prometheus (from JLA)

I'd like to see Grant Wilson back.