1 0.83%
  • Kieron Gillen

12 10.00%
  • Simon Spurrier

2 1.67%
  • Other

18 15.00%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Don't really care who writes it as long as they include Wasp in the team.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by superiorcrisis View Post
    Wow. I didn't realize Ewing was this popular.
    He is on the board. Not so much on the sales chart.

I voted for Hopeless because he was bewilderingly included, but my realistic wish is for Aaron. Some of the bloom has come off Remender's rose, to me, but Aaron seems to just keep getting better. I think he'd be more able to reign in his less mainstream tendencies than Remender is, at this point.

EDIT: And you know Aaron has to be working on SOMETHING behind the scenes. He used to be pretty prolific and now he does, what, just Thor?
    Last edited by Dog; 01-16-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    To be fair, he's never written a book that was expected to have particularly high sales. He's a bit like KSD in that his Marvel books make up in fanbase what they lack in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    -G. Willow Wilson (has a female writer EVER written the main Avengers book for any length of time? I cannot recall one doing so).
    No. Never. In fact, out of all the books Marvel launched in the '60s that are still going today, Daredevil is the only one to ever have a female writer for more than a few issues (with Ann Nocenti's run of a little over three years). So I'd definitely like to see a female writer on Avengers at some point.

The problem is I think both Wilson and DeConnick don't yet have enough experience for a flagship like the Avengers. I get the feeling Wilson is being groomed for high-profile work, and I'd like KSD to get that same treatment. But it'll be at least 3 years before either of them are really ready for it.

My choice would be Aaron. Fear Itself was an awful event, and his WatXM run was terrible, but other than that, most of what he's done has been solid. He's a strong writer, and he's one with a lot of work under his belt. He's pretty well proven himself. Ewing's great, and I'd certainly be fine with him as Avengers writer, but he still feels like a less logical choice than Aaron, who just strikes me as the most obvious option as the next Avengers writer.

If it were up to me, I'd have Aaron do a 3-5 year run, while grooming either KSD or G. Willow Wilson to follow him.

I voted for Hopeless because he was bewilderingly included, but my realistic wish is for Aaron. Some of the bloom has come off Remender's rose, to me, but Aaron seems to just keep getting better. I think he'd be more able to reign in his less mainstream tendencies than Remender is, at this point.

EDIT: And you know Aaron has to be working on SOMETHING behind the scenes. He used to be pretty prolific and now he does, what, just Thor?
    Not just Thor. He had a book come out this week, actually. A little book called Star Wars.

Mighty Member

If I were a Vegas odds-maker, here's how I'd rank the likelihoods, from highest to lowest:

Spencer
    Soule
    Remender
    Aaron
    Ewing
    DeConnick
    Gillen
    Waid
    Wilson
    Wood
    Robinson
    David
    Hopeless
    Spurrier

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Not just Thor. He had a book come out this week, actually. A little book called Star Wars.
    Haha, my Marvel blinders are on so tight, I can't even see non-cape books FROM THE COMPANY! Official odds adjusted accordingly.
    Last edited by Dog; 01-16-2015 at 02:43 PM.

BANNED

Kireon Gillen
    Al Ewing
    Si SPurrier
    Nick Spencer

These are the 4 I want but I have the strangest feeling that Humpries will get it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Al Ewing would probably write a book that appealed to both the older and new Avengers readers. I hope Marvel at least considers him. Other than Ewing I would be happy
    with Nick Spencer, Mark Waid, and maybe Rick Remender. I have a suspicion that's who it's going to be, anyway. Wishful thinking would be Kurt Busiek deciding he had a long
    Avengers story he was just dying to do, but I know better
    do you like Thor as tough as a marshmallow? because thats how you make Thor as tough as a marshmallow..

If I were a Vegas odds-maker, here's how I'd rank the likelihoods, from highest to lowest:

Aaron
    Spencer
    Soule
    Remender
    Ewing
    DeConnick
    Waid
    Gillen
    Wilson
    Wood
    Robinson
    David
    Hopeless
    Spurrier
    Pretty accurate rating but I'd put Wood on the bottom only since his current Marvel work is about to end with no follow up announced.

Spurrier has very slim odds but I think an Avengers run by him would be something special.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Don't really care who writes it as long as they include Wasp in the team.
    Yes, yes and yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Kireon Gillen
    Al Ewing
    Si SPurrier
    Nick Spencer

These are the 4 I want but I have the strangest feeling that Humpries will get it.
    What's the basis for your hunch about Humpries? I think Star-Lord is his best received Marvel work. This upcoming Cosmic crossover is going to make or break him no doubt.

Nick Spencer
    Jason Aaron

I honestly don't care who gets it as long as its not Humphries.
    We need better comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Nick Spencer
    Jason Aaron

I honestly don't care who gets it as long as its not Humphries.

Yeah, Humphries is the only writer I can think of that would have me drop the series. I just dont connect with his work.

BANNED

Al Ewing with dedato

Or bendis with bagley.

Spectacular Member

It could be Spencer. It would explain why he left Avengers World, why he only has one book at Marvel right now, and why his creator-owned stuff has seemingly been put on hold.

Remender seems like the likely choice. However, his plate is full, with four creator-owned books (Tokyo Ghost is releasing in the summer), All-New Cap, and Uncanny Avengers. So either UA vol 2 is only six issues, he drops Cap, or can somehow make a seventh title work, it's not him.

Aaron is just as equally likely. Right now, all he has is Star Wars, Thor, and Southern Bastards. He could probably pick up a title or two. However, Original Sin was awful, so who knows.

While I don't like his work, I'd be interested to see what Gillen would do with the title.

Spurrier would be a cool choice, but I'm not sure if he's ready for the title.

For me, I want either Aaron or Gillen. I'd check out the title by any writer except Humphries, Hopeless, or Kelly Sue.