Page 98 of 131 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1963

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    AND SO IT BEGINS..........

Now that they have shown the babies, I hope they are comfortable sharing the castings for their older selves soon, since it's not so much of a secret anymore.
    Your image is dead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Your image is dead.
    Ugh. It was a gif I made on ezgif thinking they would keep it on their servers... but it looks like they delete it after some time.

Anyway, it was this scene:

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Suffice it to say, most of my TL was NOT happy LOL. It was just rampant mouth-frothing over the prospect of Billy and Tommy getting straight washed, as well as the common complaint of Lizzie's casting as Wanda. Now, the second point is its own thing to critique, but the first point is just... like, Marvel/Disney, while not paragons of representation and diversity, wouldn't straight-wash one half of their hallmark gay couple (which extends to Teddy and the worry over him as well). The fact that they let them get married so publically and in your face during an event should at least show they won't do that to them. Tommy is an unfortunate prospect bc he probably is going to get straightwashed, but I feel like people should be considering that he only just got confirmed bi, and that was probably a little after they filmed the show. And that doesn't mean they can't just say it afterward now that we know definitively.

Also, I hope those people remember the dialogue from the audition tape that leaked. Judging by what they had Tommy say (and I know that not all audition dialogue is important or canon, but it should have the vibe of things) they made it clear Billy was getting bullied for being gay, among other things (which, sucks that the bullying trope has to be employed, but it provides them a PR-baity scene where Wanda accepts him for being gay).

All in all, I'm mostly excited, cause not only do I get to see my favorites characters realized, but it means we'll get more comics with them.
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 09-21-2020 at 07:54 AM.

Maybe we'll finally get to see Billy and Tommy bonding with Vision in the comics.

The biggest complaints on Twitter don't straight wash! And don't erase Billy "and" Tommy's Judaism! First of all Marvel would never have the balls to have Billy shack up with a broad, especially after there was just a huge event about him getting married to the king of space!! No they won't do that Tommy is bisexual and considering David/Mutants doesn't exist in MCU Kate has always been his would be go to love interest so their probably gonna have a thing people need to get over it. Second of all Tommy is not Jewish that has never been alluded too!! Stan Twitter be on some BS it's Asian Kate all over again! I'm already tired!

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Maybe we'll finally get to see Billy and Tommy bonding with Vision in the comics.
    Vision walking up to them at the wedding reception: "Hey boys, how are you? Have you met your half-but-not-really sister that I replaced you with? She's gay too! In fact, I don't think any of my living kids are straight! Did you also hear about my other kid that died? I know one of your moms knows, did she tell you?

Congrats on the wedding, Billy! I remember when your mother-in-law captured your mother when your husband was conceived, crazy universe we live in, huh?

Also, Tommy, is that your boyfriend you're here with? He's a mutant right? Ahhh, just like your mother used to be... good times!"

That's how that conversation plays out in my head LOL. There's certainly a lot for them to talk about, so whatever way it manifests should be an interesting and fun time

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Vision walking up to them at the wedding reception: "Hey boys, how are you? Have you met your half-but-not-really sister that I replaced you with? She's gay too! In fact, I don't think any of my living kids are straight! Did you also hear about my other kid that died? I know one of your moms knows, did she tell you?

Congrats on the wedding, Billy! I remember when your mother-in-law captured your mother when your husband was conceived, crazy universe we live in, huh?

Also, Tommy, is that your boyfriend you're here with? He's a mutant right? Ahhh, just like your mother used to be... good times!"

That's how that conversation plays out in my head LOL. There's certainly a lot for them to talk about, so whatever way it manifests should be an interesting and fun time
    I honestly think when they start interacting regularly Marvel will just write it like they already have an off panel rapport.

"I created Viv and her brother because I wasn't fulfilled by my relationship to you boys"

"I created Viv and her brother because I wasn't fulfilled by my relationship to you boys"
    It's fucked up but it's true

This makes me want to see them interact with Viv more than Vision tbh. Viv keeps getting killed in the Champions, so their dad should intervene and tell her to stay with her brothers as a time-out from Champions duty. There is a Jonas sized hole in the team she could fill, and she'll probably finally get a girlfriend too the second she's on the YA lol

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It's fucked up but it's true
    Wanda ignores them cause of her trauma and Vision just straight up replaced them. Wonder how they'll try to work around that when the inevitable family book/mini comes around
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 09-21-2020 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Well if Patriot is going to show up in Falcon & the Winter Solider, I have to wonder if we're going to get the whole Bradley family and if they're going to keep out the addiction route that was one of the big issues people had with Eli. Also has anyone come up with a Fan cast for him? My question is are they going to make Kang his own thing and not have Iron Lad (or if they do will it be the kid from the Iron Man movies), or make it still Nathan, or will they change it and have it be Riri as Iron Heart, Morgan Stark, or surprise us with a time Traveling Tony Stark or his descendant.
    This my first time hearing about this so I hope it's true. Eli has been sidelined for so long it's a shame.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They had pretty much already shown them as babies before with the cribs and pacifiers, I was hoping on a trailer we'd get to see them as kids...
    Trust me; they're keeping A LOT of stuff about this series a secret.

Suffice it to say, most of my TL was NOT happy LOL. It was just rampant mouth-frothing over the prospect of Billy and Tommy getting straight washed,
    I'm sorry if this sounds harsh to your friends or whoever these people are, but anyone who thinks that Disney/Marvel is going to straightwash famous gay characters in this day and age is a pessimistic idiot.

Anyway the trailer has me super-hyped, this show is gonna' be so good. Also while I know to take the various rumours with a grain of salt, the more info that's been coming out the more the rumours have gotten corroborated. I've been waiting SO LONG to see gay superheroes in the MCU and my long wait is finally close to being over.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 09-21-2020 at 09:23 AM.

They've met, and he knows it. Unstoppable Wasp #7, the birthday party issue which guest starred all of the Young Avengers and Champions. Since Vision was one of Nadia's Avengers teammates, of course he was there as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I'm sorry if this sounds harsh to your friends or whoever these people are, but anyone who thinks that Disney/Marvel is going to straightwash famous gay characters in this day and age is a pessimistic idiot.

Anyway the trailer has me super-hyped, this show is gonna' be so good. Also while I know to take the various rumours with a grain of salt, the more info that's been coming out the more the rumours have gotten corroborated. I've been waiting SO LONG to see gay superheroes in the MCU and my long wait is finally close to being over.
    No offense taken, they're all wonderful people, but sometimes it feels like they worry a little too much haha! And I agree, Billy is literally known as "the gay son of Scarlet Witch, who's dating (now married to) his gay teammate Teddy", like, being gay is so intrinsic to his and Teddy's characters that they'd have to be absolutely inept to try and erase that. Will they probably lose some storyline importance to other members? Unfortunately, maybe. I foresee them pushing Kate and Cassie instead of Kate, Billy and Teddy like in the comics. Now, is that a guarantee? No! In fact, I could possibly see Marvel literally PR-ing the hell out of the series to say that they're so progressive by having gay leads (ie, whenever they do Family Matters, Children's Crusade, and vol 2 plots). It's just a matter of time.

And I agree with the bolded point, I love Billy and Teddy so much, and to see them get a spotlight like this is incredible! Hopefully, Phastos and his husband from the Eternals stick around, but if they don't, then Billy and Teddy will have to pick up the slack!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They've met, and he knows it. Unstoppable Wasp #7, the birthday party issue which guest starred all of the Young Avengers and Champions. Since Vision was one of Nadia's Avengers teammates, of course he was there as well.
    Dammit, I forgot about that. Funny though bc I remember now that at the time, I was super excited to see everyone back together lol

Vision also reached out to Billy a while back during a midlife crisis of sorts it never went anywhere but if a writer wanted to do something with it and say they keep in contact they could it was an annual if my memory serves correctly.