Page 99 of 131 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1963

Omg look what people found on the WandaVision trailer! Pics of the boys in the house!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Omg look what people found on the WandaVision trailer! Pics of the boys in the house!

Damn people work!!! They seem to have that ugly house of m children haircut.

Makes sense - the show is partially based on House of M (and Tom King's Vision and the 80s Vision and the Scarlet Witch miniseries),
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Suffice it to say, most of my TL was NOT happy LOL. It was just rampant mouth-frothing over the prospect of Billy and Tommy getting straight washed, as well as the common complaint of Lizzie's casting as Wanda. Now, the second point is its own thing to critique, but the first point is just... like, Marvel/Disney, while not paragons of representation and diversity, wouldn't straight-wash one half of their hallmark gay couple (which extends to Teddy and the worry over him as well). The fact that they let them get married so publically and in your face during an event should at least show they won't do that to them. Tommy is an unfortunate prospect bc he probably is going to get straightwashed, but I feel like people should be considering that he only just got confirmed bi, and that was probably a little after they filmed the show. And that doesn't mean they can't just say it afterward now that we know definitively.

Also, I hope those people remember the dialogue from the audition tape that leaked. Judging by what they had Tommy say (and I know that not all audition dialogue is important or canon, but it should have the vibe of things) they made it clear Billy was getting bullied for being gay, among other things (which, sucks that the bullying trope has to be employed, but it provides them a PR-baity scene where Wanda accepts him for being gay).

All in all, I'm mostly excited, cause not only do I get to see my favorites characters realized, but it means we'll get more comics with them.
    I didn't get the impression they were specifically talking about homophobic bullying on that audition dialogue, tbh. ''Timmy'' mentions that he feels bad he couldn't protect ''Adam'' from being beaten up, but we don't learn the context of what happened. While it could be homophobic bullying, I do wonder if Disney would really go there when the characters are like 8 in a sitcom setting. Gay kids do exist and they can face homophobia from a young age, of course. But I'm not sure if this show will really be the place to deal with a heavy topic like that.

If Billy's sexuality is shown, I wonder if it could be tied to the reports we got that they were casting for a Skrull refugee that is allegedly Hulkling for the show. Considering this ties to S.W.O.R.D. and Monica Rambeau, and now we know Monica will at one point enter the sitcom world, it makes me wonder if maybe Teddy and his mom will end up in that same world, and maybe Monica is there to help them. While I don't think we're getting a full-blown romance, it's possible they tease a moment between teen Teddy/Billy that would later be explored on another project.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The biggest complaints on Twitter don't straight wash! And don't erase Billy "and" Tommy's Judaism! First of all Marvel would never have the balls to have Billy shack up with a broad, especially after there was just a huge event about him getting married to the king of space!! No they won't do that Tommy is bisexual and considering David/Mutants doesn't exist in MCU Kate has always been his would be go to love interest so their probably gonna have a thing people need to get over it. Second of all Tommy is not Jewish that has never been alluded too!! Stan Twitter be on some BS it's Asian Kate all over again! I'm already tired!
    Well, I wouldn't say Tommy is not jewish for sure because we know virtually nothing about his upbringing. Maybe he is, maybe he's not. Maybe he was not jewish from the Shepherds, but ended up converting when he lived with the Kaplans. Who knows? It's just unclear.

I agree we're probably not getting Thinkfast in the MCU, though. I mean, we hardly get them in the comics, let's be real, so it's not like it's much of a priority in the first place. David can't be introduced in the Young Avengers before the X-Men make their formal debut, and the odds of Prodigy being one of the first mutants introduced in that universe are also very, very slim. It could be years before we see him in the MCU, and the YA will probably come sooner than that. And since the characters age alongside the actors, they won't exactly be able to keep Tommy as a teen forever just waiting for David. So if we get bi Tommy in the MCU, they will probably have to come up with another male love interest for him (maybe Noh-Varr, to the horror of Nohmmy haters LOL).

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

YASSSS CSI TWITTER HOES ON THE CASE!!! That picture right on top looks like it could be a teen, doesn't it?

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I didn't get the impression they were specifically talking about homophobic bullying on that audition dialogue, tbh. ''Timmy'' mentions that he feels bad he couldn't protect ''Adam'' from being beaten up, but we don't learn the context of what happened. While it could be homophobic bullying, I do wonder if Disney would really go there when the characters are like 8 in a sitcom setting. Gay kids do exist and they can face homophobia from a young age, of course. But I'm not sure if this show will really be the place to deal with a heavy topic like that.

If Billy's sexuality is shown, I wonder if it could be tied to the reports we got that they were casting for a Skrull refugee that is allegedly Hulkling for the show. Considering this ties to S.W.O.R.D. and Monica Rambeau, and now we know Monica will at one point enter the sitcom world, it makes me wonder if maybe Teddy and his mom will end up in that same world, and maybe Monica is there to help them. While I don't think we're getting a full-blown romance, it's possible they tease a moment between teen Teddy/Billy that would later be explored on another project.

YASSSS CSI TWITTER HOES ON THE CASE!!! That picture right on top looks like it could be a teen, doesn't it?
    I actually have a theory on Teddy's involvement, if he is indeed in this. I think that maybe SWORD, who we know is working with the Skrulls, assisted in protecting hybrid Teddy and princess Anelle (I think they'll unfortunately skip Mary-Jo, just like they most likely will skip Jeff and Rebecca) by having them settle in a town on Earth that just so happens to be the place where Wanda chooses to go all Twilight Zone on everyone.

He and his mom get caught up in it, then he meets Billy when Wanda ages him up, and then they hit it off. Fast forward a little, maybe Billy's reality warping also manifests in the show, and he realizes something's wrong. So he, Teddy, and Tommy go all Stranger Things and decide to figure it out on their own using their growing powers. But, that's just my mind going wild lol, it'll probably be something way different.

And in the picture, you can see what looks like Tommy on the far left with the cap (the hair is much lighter, blonde/gray almost) and Billy's the one on top center.
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 09-21-2020 at 06:52 PM.

To be honest, you don't HAVE to give a bisexual character a same-sex love interest in order for them to be bi. Tommy can date Kate and just make a sly comment about how he thinks Spider-man looks hot, or something like that.
    This also applies to other bisexual/queer characters. They CAN just SAY it. It doesn't have to be arc, necessarily.
    Last edited by President Togekiss; 09-21-2020 at 11:03 PM.

I actually have a theory on Teddy's involvement, if he is indeed in this. I think that maybe SWORD, who we know is working with the Skrulls, assisted in protecting hybrid Teddy and princess Anelle (I think they'll unfortunately skip Mary-Jo, just like they most likely will skip Jeff and Rebecca) by having them settle in a town on Earth that just so happens to be the place where Wanda chooses to go all Twilight Zone on everyone.

He and his mom get caught up in it, then he meets Billy when Wanda ages him up, and then they hit it off. Fast forward a little, maybe Billy's reality warping also manifests in the show, and he realizes something's wrong. So he, Teddy, and Tommy go all Stranger Things and decide to figure it out on their own using their growing powers. But, that's just my mind going wild lol, it'll probably be something way different.

And in the picture, you can see what looks like Tommy on the far left with the cap (the hair is much lighter, blonde/gray almost) and Billy's the one on top center.
    I actually think your first paragraph might be spot on on what could happen. As for Teddy's mom... I could see it going both ways. I guess it would ultimately depend on who they decide to make his mom (she could end up being an original character for all we know, since they're certainly changing his father already), and what role she would have among the Skrulls. If they decide to adapt the royal aspect of the Skrulls (something that wasn't present on Captain Marvel, but it's been 25 years, so who knows how Skrull society has developed since then), and they have Anelle as his biological mother, then I can see her not actually being the one raising Teddy for the same reasons comics Anelle couldn't, so he'd still have an adoptive mom (although it just hit me she's probably gonna have a different first name, since the show was written before her name was revealed in the comics). If they completely ignore the royal aspect, though, then I could easily see Anelle just being a commoner Skrull trying to raise her son on Earth. I hope they try to stick to the comics and keep Teddy a royal with an adoptive mom on Earth, btw. The one change I want for him is that I actually want his biological parents to stay alive so he could meet them at some point. And yeah, I don't want them to erase the Kaplans either, but that might be more complicated.... we might not find out how Billy and Tommy go from fake world to real world until Doctor Strange 2.

As for your second paragraph... I think that's a bit more unlikely to happen, unfortunately. I would love if the show had a subplot for Billy, Tommy and Teddy, but at this point we don't even know if the Minimoffs will play a big role, much less Teddy. So I'm not gonna expect much other than some teases and set up for a future YA project.

Oh, btw, here's a 4k screenshot of that scene with the pictures on WandaVision in case anyone wanna zoom in to take a slightly clearer look. It's freaking me out that the actors are RIGHT THERE and we don't even know their names.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-22-2020 at 01:56 AM.

Mighty Member

Here is the panel of Kate Bishop who recalls her first meet with Billy and Teddy at the wedding. It all started back at 15 years ago.
    RCO016.jpgEhenQjMXcAE8DcX.jpg

And now here they are.

Wow, so I had no clue about this, but apparently the same rabbi who reaffirmed Billy and Teddy's marriage in Aftermath also did the Thing's wedding!

https://twitter.com/DanSlott/status/...358001155?s=20

https://twitter.com/mmmmmmmmiller/st...08100101189633

According to this tweet, Kate's Hawkingbird skin on the Avengers game is called ''Young Avenger'', so this COULD mean the YA exist in that universe! At the very least, it shows the developers know and care about her YA roots, so that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Here is the panel of Kate Bishop who recalls her first meet with Billy and Teddy at the wedding. It all started back at 15 years ago.
    RCO016.jpgEhenQjMXcAE8DcX.jpg

And now here they are.
    Not gonna lie, I got a little emotional when Kate mentioned the wedding parallels in Empyre. What a throwback. <3

Wow, so I had no clue about this, but apparently the same rabbi who reaffirmed Billy and Teddy's marriage in Aftermath also did the Thing's wedding!

https://twitter.com/DanSlott/status/...358001155?s=20
    I didn't notice this either, and no wonder... Empyre made him look older than the other issues, LOL. But it's a nice easter-egg.

A casting grid for Hawkeye that's going around scoopers reportedly confirmed that Hailee Steinfeld was indeed cast as Kate on the show. I wonder why the trades haven't reported about that yet. At this rate, we're only gonna get a confirmation about this once set pics leak.

Also, I just came across this on Twitter, and it's pretty awesome. I can only hope they cast someone who look half as good as those artificially created boys.

Didn't see people talk about this, but America's new book is being worked on again!

https://twitter.com/LetsTalkMAC/stat...624207366?s=20

https://twitter.com/LetsTalkMAC/stat...440453122?s=20

Wonder how much changed between now and when it was first being teased, like if there's mention of the wedding (either one) or if its just her- *cough*getting a soft reboot for better MCU synergy*cough* -exploring more of her life on Earth?

Didn't see people talk about this, but America's new book is being worked on again!

https://twitter.com/LetsTalkMAC/stat...624207366?s=20

https://twitter.com/LetsTalkMAC/stat...440453122?s=20

Wonder how much changed between now and when it was first being teased, like if there's mention of the wedding (either one) or if its just her- *cough*getting a soft reboot for better MCU synergy*cough* -exploring more of her life on Earth?
    It's not like she had a relevant role during Empyre, so I don't really see them changing the book just to mention it. But I definitely think the point of the book is to explore more of her life on Earth. As the Twitter user points out, you can actually see a small part of the script. My guess is that the book will try to strengthen her earthling connections to explain more about her identity and culture, since one criticism people have of the character is that it feels like her latina identity can be quite superficial sometimes. ''Made In The USA'' might be the subtitle of the mini precisely because of that.

The interior art looks really good, btw.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

I agree we're probably not getting Thinkfast in the MCU, though. I mean, we hardly get them in the comics, let's be real, so it's not like it's much of a priority in the first place. David can't be introduced in the Young Avengers before the X-Men make their formal debut, and the odds of Prodigy being one of the first mutants introduced in that universe are also very, very slim. It could be years before we see him in the MCU, and the YA will probably come sooner than that. And since the characters age alongside the actors, they won't exactly be able to keep Tommy as a teen forever just waiting for David. So if we get bi Tommy in the MCU, they will probably have to come up with another male love interest for him (maybe Noh-Varr, to the horror of Nohmmy haters LOL).

David can appear. He does not have to be a mutant. Nothing is preventing anyone beyond the obvious X-Men from appearing and getting those powers later.

Heck, Prodigy could easily just be given eidetic memory, like Taskmaster. Where as soon as you see or hear something, you can recall it. Like, he could read a medical book, and he'd have the knowledge needed to operate on someone, or he could watch a martial arts video, and be able to copy any moves he sees in it with perfect recall. It's slightly different to his mutant ability, but the end result is the same, without it being a superpower. The only thing he wouldn't be able to do is copy superpowers, which he can't do in the comics anyway (he's not Rogue!)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman