Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I don't think it should be a sacrifice. A duty, to a degree. But an adventure and something she wants to do, not feels like she has to do. Something fun and exciting. Not without its tradeoffis, of course, but I find "sacrifice" far too big a word. Which is another reason for her to be able to come back and visit her loved ones, IMO. But I do feel like she makes a new home when she leaves, and I don't want more than 20% of her adventures to involve other Amazons or her going back to her birth home (largely because I prefer the pseudo-real-world stories, but also somewhat because there's difficulty in having stories there without having things go very wrong there, which I am very tired of).
    Yes exactly! I think Paradise Island is where she goes when she needs to rest mentally and physically, but at the end of the day she will always go looking for new landscapes to enjoy and unique experiences. I like to think that Diana can turn any place she is in into a home, but she keeps taking that home with her. She's never gonna be tied down anywhere. It's also why her being with Steve Trevor or Steve Trevor clones sucks. He was a really important part of her life, and he can stil be in it both as a friend and sometimes romantically, but I'm sure she would want something completely different by now. Trevor Barnes was a start, now they just need to keep going.

I really want her to date Death from Sandman. It would make for really beautiful and touching moments. Deadman could also be fascinanting in a similar way. B'wanna Beast or Freedom Beast could make for an interesting dynamic with them being politically active and very dedicated to their cause as well as him having this incredibly creative power that connects him to the animal kingdom.

Jo Mullein and Madame Xanadu would be good one night stands for Diana, but I can't imagine a very fulfilling relationship coming out of it. Saint Walker from Blue Lantern Corps would be quite touching and also unlike anything Diana would ever experience. Shining Knight could make for some fun stories of them fighting hordes together in some distant place while telling stories about their lives and ending up hooking up.
    Last edited by Alpha; 05-02-2021 at 08:56 AM.

Yes exactly! I think Paradise Island is where she goes when she needs to rest mentally and physically, but at the end of the day she will always go looking for new landscapes to enjoy and unique experiences. I like to think that Diana can turn any place she is in into a home, but she keeps taking that home with her. She's never gonna be tied down anywhere. It's also why her being with Steve Trevor or Steve Trevor clones sucks. He was a really important part of her life, and he can stil be in it both as a friend and sometimes romantically, but I'm sure she would want something completely different by now. Trevor Barnes was a start, now they just need to keep going
    Ah, now there we strongly disagree. I like consistent settings and especially supporting casts. I get as attached to supporting casts as the hero, and often lose interest when they move the hero to a new place with entirely new people. Definitely am a Diana/Steve shipper, too.

I really want her to date Death from Sandman. It would make for really beautiful and touching moments. Deadman could also be fascinanting in a similar way. B'wanna Beast or Freedom Beast could make for an interesting dynamic with them being politically active and very dedicated to their cause as well as him having this incredibly creative power that connects him to the animal kingdom.
    I don't know most of those characters much (name familiarity only, really), but I'm, in general, far more in favor of solo heroes dating non-hero civilians that are created for their stories. I miss seeing the normal-life aspect of heroes, and feel they sometimes get too insular and only interact with other heroes or villains - too much like they aren't a part of this world (pseduo-our-world) that they inhabit. I'm a secret-identity fan, in general, as well, for similar reasons. I don't like so many heroes so often now seeming to live apart and completely disconnected from ordinary people. Also, of course, (though it won't matter as much to you, if you like temporary), hero-hero relationships are more often torn asunder under editorial needs for the more important character, less likely to last, and more likely to end up with both parties looking bad because they've treated each other poorly for drama's sake. Don't get wrong - I love some of the relationships that already exist, but it's really not what I'd choose to go with any solo characters in the future.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 05-02-2021 at 10:22 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Wouldn't it be weird that she's dating her grandson's older sister?

Or that in Post-Crisis, Hippolyta Trevor was no longer Diana and Steve's daughter, right?
    Last edited by Lucas 35; 05-02-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Diana only needs one character in her life to keep her down to earth, and that's the golden age Etta Candy. Not the military Etta that writers keep creating, but the one that lived in a sorority and was surrounded by other women in college training to be amazons.

I personally think every other friend she has had since then pales in comparison to Etta. Etta doesn't have to live in a sorority anymore, but the idea of her having a group of women training to be amazons and going on adventures with Diana wherever she goes should be brought back. Turn them into a foundation that builds women shelters and trains them in martial arts, or do anything else with them.

But don't turn them into another army faction. Diana needs to step away from all those military characters. She is supposed to be a transgtessive figure, redefining society, and the military isn't the support system for that.

I think Steve already fulfills the quota of a "normal guy" she dated. I don't think Diana should date someone like Batman or Superman either because they are too normal. But B'wanna Beast for example is a rich guy that gave up his fortune and travelled to an african country to work in an animal perserve. Things went wrong but he ended up being given a mystical power to understand and control animals, along with fusing two species together and creating a new type of animal. Diana would have so much fun with someone like this. Someone with a purpose and such a unique and wonderful ability and connection to animals.

Death from Sandman is the enbodiment of Death that visits you on your last day of life to help you find inner peace. She is just a cool very tranquil chick with a warm voice and looks goth but in a really pretty way.

Saint Walker is an alien that I believe lived in a world about to be consumed by a sun and then he was recruited by the Blue Lantern Corps and stopped the cataclysm using the power of hope. This is another generous person but from space and leading the lantern corps that embodies Hope. A really zen guy.

Deadman is a former daredevil that died but had to stay on this earth as a ghost that travels from body to body doing good for the world. Existence was kind of a torture for him but I think he finally found some satisfaction from what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Wouldn't it be weird that she's dating her grandson's older sister?

Or that in Post-Crisis, Hippolyta Trevor was no longer Diana and Steve's daughter, right?
    Sorry I'm confused, why are you asking about Fury?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Sorry I'm confused, why are you asking about Fury?

Didn't you say you wanted Diana to date Death from Sandman? Death is sister of Dream, and Dream is Daniel Hall, and Daniel was once Diana's grandson

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Didn't you say you wanted Diana to date Death from Sandman? Death is sister of Dream, and Dream is Daniel Hall, and Daniel was once Diana's grandson
    Ahhhh ok ok. Lol. I only read the first volume of Sandman. I just checked the DC database, and I don't think it counts as incest at all. For one thing, it's a post crisis story so Fury isn't the daughter of Diana and has no blood relationship like you mentioned. Second, from what I understand as I read the DC Wikia, Daniel transforms into Dream, but he wasn't born as Dream. So I would even argue he isn't even Death's blood brother technically, only spiritually.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I always thought Jakeem was crushing on Lightning, and it was hinting toward them.
    He was crushing on her, but then he leaves and by the time they split into JSA and JSA All-Stars, there's at least one weird hint at something going on between her and Mr. America.