Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Agents of Wakanda and Strikeforce are HUGE flops wow. 160th at dollar rankings in issue 2. Both of them. THATS HORRIBLE.

JUST CREATE A BUNCH OF AVENGERS TITLES ALREADY SO YOU CAN SUSTAIN THOSE TEAMS

Y'all so negative in these comments at least give it 5 issues before screaming DOOM!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Agents of Wakanda and Strikeforce are HUGE flops wow. 160th at dollar rankings in issue 2. Both of them. THATS HORRIBLE.

Or don't, so you don't make the mistake of flooding the market with too many Avengers titles again. Keeping the number of Avengers books low is healthier for the brand.

It would be cool if everyone's favorite character had a title to call home every month - believe me, I'm never going to want less Man-Wolf in my life! - but it's just not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Or don't, so you don't make the mistake of flooding the market with too many Avengers titles again. Keeping the number of Avengers books low is healthier for the brand.

It would be cool if everyone's favorite character had a title to call home every month - believe me, I'm never going to want less Man-Wolf in my life! - but it's just not possible.

Literally not a mistake and we would have better selling team books if they have the name Avengers slapped on top and are in some way tied. Nothing keeping Manwolf from being part of one of the books. And Nothing healthy about the avengers brand by not doing anything with it.

Marvel's non xmen and ff team books have never been this unsuccessful in years and it's because they slimmed down the avengers line up. Sure when it was big half of those books were struggling but not to the extent of what we're seeing here.

Strikeforce and AOW are literally doa. For sure cancelled by issues 8. It's embarrassing.

Time to revive the avengers line up. Make it about 5-6 books, so they can take risks with a couple and make teams that arent really avengers but are branded avengers to help with the sales.

My dude I feel your really overreacting right now. Adding "Avengers" to a title ain't gonna fix anything. Avengers Is barely doing that much better than Strikeforce. Their are many varying factors to the placement of AOW, and Strikeforce, this was a heavy month for comics majority of Marvel fans are focused on the X-men right now and they just launched an ass ton of series0. IMO at least give it 5 issues before screaming FLOP and CANCELATION!! Hell if Runaways can make it to 25 issues with no news of an end anytime soon with those kinds of sales I'd say Strikeforce and AOW are doing okay all things considered. *shrugs*
    Last edited by Journey; 11-12-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    My dude I feel your really overreacting right now. Adding "Avengers" to a title ain't gonna fix anything. Avengers Is barely doing that much better than Strikeforce. Their are many varying factors to the placement of AOW, and Strikeforce, this was a heavy month for comics majority of Marvel fans are focused on the X-men right now and they just launched an ass ton of series0. IMO at least give it 5 issues before screaming FLOP and CANCELATION!! Hell if Runaways can make it to 25 issues with no news of an end anytime soon with those kinds of sales I'd say Strikeforce and AOW are doing okay all things considered. *shrugs*

Kcjjskkxmdmdkkdc

Rank 51 vs 160th (160th at issue 2 mind you)

Strikeforce is already cancelled internally.

Avengers is at 48k without overship. That is very good for Avengers. Strikeforce and AoW without overship are at like 15k. That is very bad for them. It is Marvel who will not give books 5 issues if they are costing them money. Future Foundation got taken out back and shot immediately after launch. I hope both books get their fair 10-12. Nothing hurts more than an 8-9er.

And when Marvel wanted 5 Avengers ongoings at a time during ANAD, the only one that didn't have a long run was Occupy. Or maybe A-Force if you don't count Secret Wars, but A-Force never went below 20k.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Oh yeah I remember future foundation ain't never laughed so hard at a cancelation LMAO!

And that's exactly why we don't get other teams outside of remixed Avenger titles, no ones gonna read it without major brand recognition.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Avengers is at 48k without overship. That is very good for Avengers. Strikeforce and AoW without overship are at like 15k. That is very bad for them. It is Marvel who will not give books 5 issues if they are costing them money. Future Foundation got taken out back and shot immediately after launch. I hope both books get their fair 10-12. Nothing hurts more than an 8-9er.

And when Marvel wanted 5 Avengers ongoings at a time during ANAD, the only one that didn't have a long run was Occupy. Or maybe A-Force if you don't count Secret Wars, but A-Force never went below 20k.
    FF is gone already? Wow, could've sworn that just came out.
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Literally not a mistake and we would have better selling team books if they have the name Avengers slapped on top and are in some way tied. Nothing keeping Manwolf from being part of one of the books. And Nothing healthy about the avengers brand by not doing anything with it.

Marvel's non xmen and ff team books have never been this unsuccessful in years and it's because they slimmed down the avengers line up. Sure when it was big half of those books were struggling but not to the extent of what we're seeing here.

Strikeforce and AOW are literally doa. For sure cancelled by issues 8. It's embarrassing.

Time to revive the avengers line up. Make it about 5-6 books, so they can take risks with a couple and make teams that arent really avengers but are branded avengers to help with the sales.
    They just pared down the line. It's not time to let it balloon out again. What did we have not too long ago - five Avengers monthlies? There's a reason we're down to two Avengers books now. They slapped the Avengers name on way too many books and it dragged them all down eventually.

I hope Marvel keeps finding ways to give lesser seen characters some limelight but having a bunch of Avengers books isn't the way to do it.

Yeah, A-Force shouldn't have been cancelled that early. They should've just replaced She-Hulk (who was forced out by Civil War II) and Medusa (who wouldn't have lasted much longer due to IVX) with new recruits. That book could've easily survived to Secret Empire.

The Agents of Atlas books are toast too, now that the overships are gone both the team book and Aero have plummeted hard (Sword Master was doing crap regardless). No wonder they named the next mini Atlantis Attacks (hence trading on Namor's name instead of Atlas's) instead of Agents of Atlas with a subtitle.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    FF is gone already? Wow, could've sworn that just came out.
    #4's out tomorrow, #5 is the final issue.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-12-2019 at 06:52 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, A-Force shouldn't have been cancelled that early. They should've just replaced She-Hulk (who was forced out by Civil War II) and Medusa (who wouldn't have lasted much longer due to IVX) with new recruits. That book could've easily survived to Secret Empire.

The Agents of Atlas books are toast too, now that the overships are gone both the team book and Aero have plummeted hard (Sword Master was doing crap regardless). No wonder they named the next mini Atlantis Attacks (hence trading on Namor's name instead of Atlas's) instead of Agents of Atlas with a subtitle.

#4's out tomorrow, #5 is the final issue.
    Good lord that's tragic

I wonder why they ended A-Force. Could it have really been for creative reasons of just not thinking the team could really work post-CWII?

Or maybe Marvel just wants to through as many "All-Female" team names as they go through teen hero teams.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder why they ended A-Force. Could it have really been for creative reasons of just not thinking the team could really work post-CWII?

Or maybe Marvel just wants to through as many "All-Female" team names as they go through teen hero teams.
    A-Force was very good, I never understood why it was canceled.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !