Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

I have wanted for sometime to see Songbird fight Sue.

BANNED

What do you guys think of Sue being completely useless in Empyre #5?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    What do you guys think of Sue being completely useless in Empyre #5?
    I was trying to hold it in lol.

She's been useless this whole event with her invisibility revealed by Super Skrull and tricked by the sorceress. I should have known to lower my expectations. Slott kept harping on about how great Ewing writes Sue, but Ewing himself sounded surprised at that. Which should have told me everything if the writer himself didn't seem to agree...
    It just reinforces how Slott doesn't care about the character at all really.

spoilers:
    There are so many ways should could stop the possessed She Hulk. Jen's already dead which means Sue doesn't have to hold back. Why would she try the bubble in the brain thing to what's basically a meat puppet? She could slice limbs off, and cut the plant right out of the body. Or chop the body into pieces. It's not nice or pretty, but Jen's dead and Ben will be too if she doesn't do something and Sue is the type to do it in that situation. She could even simply blind it so that Ben can catch a breather. There are tons of ways to go about it that doesn't have her seem so ineffectual.
    end of spoilers

It's another story where Sue is just there doing nothing, which has been running theme for the current FF book...
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-12-2020 at 06:23 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I was trying to hold it in lol.

She's been useless this whole event with her invisibility revealed by Super Skrull and tricked by the sorceress. I should have known to lower my expectations. Slott kept harping on about how great Ewing writes Sue, but Ewing himself sounded surprised at that. Which should have told me everything if the writer himself didn't seem to agree...
    It just reinforces how Slott doesn't care about the character at all really.

spoilers:
    There are so many ways should could stop the possessed She Hulk. Jen's already dead which means Sue doesn't have to hold back. Why would she try the bubble in the brain thing to what's basically a meat puppet? She could slice limbs off, and cut the plant right out of the body. Or chop the body into pieces. It's not nice or pretty, but Jen's dead and Ben will be too if she doesn't do something and Sue is the type to do it in that situation. She could even simply blind it so that Ben can catch a breather. There are tons of ways to go about it that doesn't have her seem so ineffectual.
    end of spoilers

It's another story where Sue is just there doing nothing, which has been running theme for the current FF book...
    Agreed, I also had high expectations (mostly because Sue is so boring in the main FF book atm) I just hope Slott decides to leave the FF someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    Agreed, I also had high expectations (mostly because Sue is so boring in the main FF book atm) I just hope Slott decides to leave the FF someday.
    Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I know Ewing wanted to give Ben a big moment, but I just wish it wasn't at the expense of Sue who's done nothing useful this entire event. It feels like Ben is being posed as the most powerful member of the team with the way things have been written since Slott has taken over... While they just play lip service to Sue by calling her the most powerful instead of showing it. I haven't forgot that "fight" with the water guy on that Overseer planet.

We'll see how She Hulk is dealt with, but if it's Ben just punching her hard, her resurrecting, or someone else saving them, then I will be disappointed.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

This whole thing is exactly like Xmen/FF. Its Carol and the avengers featuring FF in background. Sue's pointless, Johnny's pointless, and Thing is getting some lip service I guess. The team isnt needed.

Hopefully Iron Fantastic or Fantastic Iron Man does something. Otherwise boo this.

Main book: not great
    Empyre: Not great
    Xmen FF: started ok. Ended badly
    FF Noir: Eh
    FF prodigal son: Eh
    FF Negative zone: really decent
    FF Annihilation: Good and good in main storyline

So, in conclusion go back to Negative Zone. FF seem to be interesting there

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I know Ewing wanted to give Ben a big moment, but I just wish it wasn't at the expense of Sue who's done nothing useful this entire event. It feels like Ben is being posed as the most powerful member of the team with the way things have been written since Slott has taken over... While they just play lip service to Sue by calling her the most powerful instead of showing it. I haven't forgot that "fight" with the water guy on that Overseer planet.

We'll see how She Hulk is dealt with, but if it's Ben just punching her hard, her resurrecting, or someone else saving them, then I will be disappointed.
    Lol, I feel like Mantis needs to do something useful already.

Thor or Reed will come and save them, this takes Sue back to her damsel days...

Maybe the Marvel execs thought that since they gave Sue a mini-series of her own, they could give more coverage to the rest of the FF for a while? Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Maybe the Marvel execs thought that since they gave Sue a mini-series of her own, they could give more coverage to the rest of the FF for a while? Who knows?
    She was gone for 3 years, a 5 issue mini that wasn't promoted at all doesn't make up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    I have wanted for sometime to see Songbird fight Sue.
    I skimmed over this originally, but in my usual overthinking of Sue's power, the idea osf Songbird vs Sue has an appeal for me. How would Sue's field deal with sound? One could assume that the sound waves would be stopped by the physical natyure of the field, but Sue's capable of hearing and talking through it so sound isn't stopped. And these are comics, not textbooks, but a sound opponent for Sue seems like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I skimmed over this originally, but in my usual overthinking of Sue's power, the idea osf Songbird vs Sue has an appeal for me. How would Sue's field deal with sound? One could assume that the sound waves would be stopped by the physical natyure of the field, but Sue's capable of hearing and talking through it so sound isn't stopped. And these are comics, not textbooks, but a sound opponent for Sue seems like a good idea.
    Way back I believe Sue fought Klaw, Master of Sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Way back I believe Sue fought Klaw, Master of Sound.
    Yeah, there were certainly Klaw/Sue battles, but those were older and even less detailed as far as nit-picking science dictated. Klaw would be a good match, but I'm inclined to use Songbird as a foe for Sue as IMHO, Klaw is T'Challa's villain.

Yeah, there were certainly Klaw/Sue battles, but those were older and even less detailed as far as nit-picking science dictated. Klaw would be a good match, but I'm inclined to use Songbird as a foe for Sue as IMHO, Klaw is T'Challa's villain.
    I can agree with that, but at least someone back then thought about how Sue would deal with a foe who controlled sound waves.

BANNED

7201153-img_20200106_100716.jpg
    7391135-img_20200525_211006.jpg
    Sue can make her force field soundproof.

7201154-img_20200106_100811.jpg
    She has even stopped ultrasonic attacks.

So ultimately Songbird isn't really a good opponent for Sue.
    Last edited by Billy Maximoff; 08-13-2020 at 11:56 AM.

It has been shown in the past that Sue's force field is not immune to the power of sound waves. Klaw has had some success against her, especially in a more recent fight in Hulk #19. We also had the Plunderer using a sonic disruptor to wipe out Sue's force field and knock her unconscious in FF #191. A sound wave attack also defeated Sue's force field in FF #201. There is plenty of evidence that shows that Susan Storm is not immune to sound waves. I say bring it on, Songbird! I want a catfight!