Page 150 of 233 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So, they replace one knife wielding maniac with another. And still using their little OC as the new lead.

Nope. Still a pass for me.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

If anything, this makes me less inclined to continue.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Finding out that they made their previous lead still work 10 days after major surgery, puts me off - sounds like an abusive workplace. And I know I keep going on about this, but that their production assistant was paralyzed on set is just crazy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Finding out that they made their previous lead still work 10 days after major surgery, puts me off - sounds like an abusive workplace. And I know I keep going on about this, but that their production assistant was paralyzed on set is just crazy.
    Sounds like they had incompetent stunt coordinators and props people.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Sounds like they had incompetent stunt coordinators and props people.
    Them not being safe falls to the show runner, they're the ultimate authority on shows. They can also be overruled by higher ups, like on Iron Fist the stunt people failed because they barely given any prep time.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They could have use a stunt actress to do all the heavy lifting. Save Rose for the drama.
    Exactly this. And the Batwoman costume was perfect for something like that. You get a stunt woman with a similar build to Ruby, have her do all of the action, and save Ruby only for close ups on her face and the occasional close hand to hand shots. You don't put her back in the suit 10 days after surgery and tell her to go all out.

Sounds like there is little consideration for cast and crew's welfare on this show. Lead actress = nearly paralyzed. Production Assistant = paralyzed. All in 1 incomplete season.

Now that production is planned to be done differently due to the pandemic, instead of the dangers of stunts going wrong they may have a very different problem - of a superhero show being mostly (socially distanced) talk and not much action. I don't know what the latest production plans were, but last I heard they were no longer going to have close combat fighting, or kissing etc in the Arrowverse shows.

I could see Flash and Supergirl maybe managing because they rely heavily on superpowers anyway, but a Batwoman who spends her time tossing batarangs at everyone doesn't seem appealing IMO. Maybe they'll make her like the animated version and give her twin pistols, but then she's a little like Jason Todd, which I think they may have been going for anyway.

The Flash and Supergirl have it the best, actually. For Flash, just have him take down his enemies at super speed and use the digital double. For Supergirl, you can use her digital double and all of her long distance powers, and she can continue to be filmed in front of a green screen. Same could go for Superman and Lois, but having a married could not kiss or even be close to one another just sounds akward.

But for shows like Batwoman, or Green Arrow and the Canaries if it gets picked up (though by this point it's doubtful), it'll be harder to be a satisfying show if there is no close quarters combat. Legends... eh, who would be able to tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    But for shows like Batwoman, or Green Arrow and the Canaries if it gets picked up (though by this point it's doubtful), it'll be harder to be a satisfying show if there is no close quarters combat. Legends... eh, who would be able to tell the difference.
    Yeah, that was my point, the super-powered shows should be okay. A hand-to-hand vigilante, not so much.
    The new lead would have to be ranged, unless safety requirements change by the time of filming (not that it seems like the show has great safety standards given what happened in season 1 anyway).

And this is the sort of situation where Green Arrow and the Canaries could work better, what with a bow and arrows and the Canary Cry. Bat characters traditionally don't have such options though, and only so many ranged gadgets before it potentially gets tedious, because they are usually close-combat-fighters.

Yeah, that's just crazy. They already have a stunt person for her, they could have easily given Rose more of a break. With an all black costume that has a facemask and a wig that's actually meant to be a wig, it would have been easy. There was a scene in the pilot or really early where she's in a fight before the costume and she gets slammed against the wall a few times (which means they must have performed it at least a dozen times) - was that when it happened?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah, that's just crazy. They already have a stunt person for her, they could have easily given Rose more of a break. With an all black costume that has a facemask and a wig that's actually meant to be a wig, it would have been easy. There was a scene in the pilot or really early where she's in a fight before the costume and she gets slammed against the wall a few times (which means they must have performed it at least a dozen times) - was that when it happened?
    All that the articles/interviews said was that it was during the pilot that it happened, but no one knew how serious it was until much later when she got a scan or something. So after the Batwoman pilot she went on to do The Doorman film, which she stars in and did stunts in as well, and later because the pain kept bothering her, her doctor or someone told her to get it checked-out properly. Apparently during all that time, if she'd moved her neck the wrong way she could have been paralzyed.

Also, in season 1 of Batwoman, the cowl kept changing apparently because she had an allergic reaction to the materials used. Sounds like she was in some kind of pain or another throughout her time on the show - can't blame her leaving IMHO.

Season 1 is available on DVD and Blu-ray today.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Season 1 is available on DVD and Blu-ray today.
    Why bother? None of it matters anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Why bother? None of it matters anymore.
    So you've seen season 2 already and know this for a fact?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    So you've seen season 2 already and know this for a fact?
    You know, I used to regularly visit a couple of other forums (specific to the TV series), that I've since mostly abandoned. The places are pretty quiet at the moment of course, it's off season, but when I do check in on occasional, if there's any mention of season 2 there'll be more than a few posts stating how they aren't excited for season 2 and they want Kate Kane back. It's very consistent so far.