Post Batman's relationship (or lack thereof) with his parents.

Was there a series where Batman hated his parents for dying?

Was there a series where Batman was proud of his Dad for attacking the mugger? (Where applicable)

Thomas Wayne in Flashpoint really, really wanted his son to live. Did he realize his son would be Batman?

There's been many iterations of Batman coming to terms with his parents death. Do you think that, after all that time, Batman getting over his parents' death really means the death of Batman?
    Last edited by 2real; 10-25-2021 at 09:22 PM.

I feel like I may have missed something reading Flashpoint, or maybe Twayne was too drunk and I kinda glossed over what he was saying, but it seems to me he HATED being alive and Barry was like, "yo tdawg. Bruce is my best friend. And also The Batman" and immediately Thomas Wayne jumped on the Flashpoint bandwagon and I feel he didn't give it any thought

There's been multiple times Batman has found his parent's killers. I understand the show must go on in regard to Batman but was there ever a series where he did the 'ol fernet branca deal Michael Caine was talking about? "I had this fantasy, that I would look across the tables and I'd see you there, with a wife and maybe a couple of kids. You wouldn't say anything to me, nor me to you. But we both know that you'd made it, that you were happy. I never wanted you to come back to Gotham. I always knew there was nothing here for you, except pain and tragedy. And I wanted something more for you than that. I still do."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The Michael Caine one, when Bruce was amnesia, Alfred paired him with Julie Madison and stopped the Robins from seeing him so he would live his retirement as a regular married person in charge of an orphanage.

Honestly Alfred is a true homey. I know he's the butler but dang, he truly loves Wayne.

Edit: LIKE A FATHER

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The Michael Caine one, when Bruce was amnesia, Alfred paired him with Julie Madison and stopped the Robins from seeing him so he would live his retirement as a regular married person in charge of an orphanage.
    So should readers be Alfred? We're really against the thought of Bruce Wayne being Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by 2real View Post
    So should readers be Alfred? We're really against the thought of Bruce Wayne being Batman?
    Not me. It's depicted as the wrong thing to do. Alfred in that arc is over the line and very egoistic. Like fair if he's the only one in the family, but Bruce has 3 adopted and 1 biological son (who was only 10) and none of them are allowed to remind him that he has a family because Alfred wants to fulfill his fantasy of his ideal family.

Not me. It's depicted as the wrong thing to do. Alfred in that arc is over the line and very egoistic. Like fair if he's the only one in the family, but Bruce has 3 adopted and 1 biological son (who was only 10) and none of them are allowed to remind him that he has a family because Alfred wants to fulfill his fantasy of his ideal family.
    Snyder's Alfred had some bad moments.

Incredible Member

I forget the comic book number.

But there was the multiverse where the Phantom Stranger took Batman to a world just before Chill kills the Waynes.

Batman saves the family, then disappears.

It ends with young Bruce Wayne training himself to become Batman, but this time without the angst.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post

But there was the multiverse where the Phantom Stranger took Batman to a world just before Chill kills the Waynes.

It ends with young Bruce Wayne training himself to become Batman, but this time without the angst.
    Ooh, if you find that series let me know I'd love to read it. I'll look into it though thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 2real View Post
    Ooh, if you find that series let me know I'd love to read it. I'll look into it though thanks
    Detective Comics #500 To Kill a Legend
    It's collected in Detective Comics: 80 Years of Batman: The Deluxe Edition

Detective Comics #500 To Kill a Legend
    It's collected in Detective Comics: 80 Years of Batman: The Deluxe Edition
    Well now I have a need to pick that up. Thank you Restingvoice!