• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    If you think about it the fight was very reminiscent of X-Men 227.

Attachment 64805

It also show how much power was giving to her through prayer, as even with the added powers of the X-Men she couldn't move him.
    I don't think they were praying so much as just the writer/artist depicting them showing their belief in her. She drew power from their faith. This would also mean that anybody who believes in Ororo's powers would likewise empower her. It wouldn't be limited to one country or one region.

And, yes, I also caught the parallel between the two instances you bring up immediately as I read the issue through.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Indeed. I just want him to be away from the Black Panther franchise as soon as possible. Storm got a good showing today I’ll give him that. But unfortunately, he’s still not doing the Black Panther any favors as a character.
    Your welcome to your opinion but I really don't see why you have such a negative attitude towards Coats writing.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Look at what T'challa said: "The Adversary has buried her, an effort to induce her claustrophobia, no doubt. They've fought before. He knows she's the main threat."

Haven't I been saying for weeks now that when Forge said Adversary feared Storm's power and potential it was meant to be taken seriously? Didn't I say that Coates would be fleshing that out?

BANNED

Indeed. I just want him to be away from the Black Panther franchise as soon as possible. Storm got a good showing today I’ll give him that. But unfortunately, he’s still not doing the Black Panther any favors as a character.
    I don't see what he's doing wrong to T'challa. From the issues I've read, T'challa is getting his due. Care to elaborate?

Does anybody know what Asha's powers are?

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Look at what T'challa said: "The Adversary has buried her, an effort to induce her claustrophobia, no doubt. They've fought before. He knows she's the main threat."

Haven't I been saying for weeks now that when Forge said Adversary feared Storm's power and potential it was meant to be taken seriously? Didn't I say that Coates would be fleshing that out?
    He done such a wonderful job too.

BANNED

He done such a wonderful job too.
    It's just such a shame that he's not writing a book where Storm is a regular cast member so that he can flesh out her "goddesshood" more. How much longer are we gonna have to wait until we get to see that happen?!

...and I loved in the aftermath of the climax how Panther admitted that he knew Storm was a "goddess" all along!
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-18-2018 at 01:33 PM.

BANNED

They should just give Gold to Coates. Two birds, one stone.

I’ll take prayers over a hammer any day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post

Like I said in an earlier post weeks ago: That hammer needs to be destroyed a million different ways at once and its ashes scattered across the omniverse never to be put back together again. Heck, maybe there are some hammer-eating aliens races scattered across the multiverse out there that could eat the dust remnants of the destroyed hammer?

Seriously, I never want to see Storm with that hammer again!

It's just such a shame that he's not writing a book where Storm is a regular cast member so that he can flesh out her "goddesshood" more. How much longer are we gonna have to wait until we get to see that happen?!

...and I loved in the aftermath of the climax how Panther admitted that he knew Storm was a "goddess" all along!
    If my telepathy was working, she would be out of Gold and under his pen full time.

Damn inhibitor collars...lol

I don't see what he's doing wrong to T'challa. From the issues I've read, T'challa is getting his due. Care to elaborate?

Does anybody know what Asha's powers are?
    Really? You didn’t see how all last season he had T’Challa being a buffoon who constantly needed his hand held by his supporting cast. How in BP and the Crew literally all members of the team got a solid feat while meanwhile the only thing notable that happens to T’Challa is that he gets yelled at by an old lady.

Literally the only time he “got his due” was last months issue. And even that pissed me off because that issue showed me that Coates is fully capable of writing Black Panther as the badass warrior king he’s supposed to be. It’s just that 99% of the time he simply chooses not to. Coates just seems so damn uncomfortable with letting T’Challa be a boss and give him solid feats and yet he can give feats to his supporting cast with no problem at all. Oh but I guess T’Challa just doing nothing standing around for most of the arc and barking orders at everyone shows that Coates totally gets the character am or right?

And if y’all still don’t understand why this man’s run pisses me tf off let me give you an example. Imagine that Storm already has her own solo, but yet the book has her feel like a supporting character despite her name being in the damn title, all the other X-Men constantly throw shade at her at every given opportunity and get all the feats while Storm is written as a milquetoast chump. The second arc things are a little better but when the big villain of the arc shows up, again, all the other X-Men are written as badasses, Storm does something of note for just one issue, while the one to take down the main villain of the arc is Wolverine. Imagine that, another hero gets the badass feat and saves in the climax of a book that’s supposed to be about Storm. That’s basically what happened with this arc of Black Panther.

And Coates is setting up to further wreck the franchise with this next arc looking like it’s going to turn T’Challa into a damn slave. Coates maybe working wonders for Storm but he is nothing but poison to Black Panther. The sooner he leaves the franchise for good, the better.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

If my telepathy was working, she would be out of Gold and under his pen full time.

Damn inhibitor collars...lol
    LOL! There is just so much untapped potential when it comes to Storm stories it's not even funny. While I never want Storm to develop her mystical potential, I do want her to have some kind of resistance against magic so she can fight Dr. Strange-type foes as well. Heck, with the boost she just got and how she was able to put the beat down on a powerful mystical foe like Adversary, she has already demonstrated the power to take on the kind of big mystic baddies Dr. Strange faces with her elemental powers alone/without the use of magic. One of her ancestors was a Sorceress Supreme (probably had "goddess" level magic, too, given this is a gift of her maternal bloodline). It would stand to reason that she would inherit many of the immortal foes a sorcerer supreme would battle since many of them would bear a grudge against her bloodline.

Then, on top of this, she is a thief, a top-level H2H combattant, an expert stateswoman, and she has a power that can control the natural forces of wherever she is (not to mention her extreme power levels) meaning she can have both cosmic and interdimensional adventures. There is just TOO much to work with where Ororo is concerned.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-18-2018 at 02:00 PM.

BANNED

Rutog I was just telling a few friends on Facebook that you were right all along. Coates totally agrees with you.

BANNED

Really? You didn’t see how all last season he had T’Challa being a buffoon who constantly needed his hand held by his supporting cast. How in BP and the Crew literally all members of the team got a solid feat while meanwhile the only thing notable that happens to T’Challa is that he gets yelled at by an old lady.

Literally the only time he “got his due” was last months issue. And even that pissed me off because that issue showed me that Coates is fully capable of writing Black Panther as the badass warrior king he’s supposed to be. It’s just that 99% of the time he simply chooses not to. Coates just seems so damn uncomfortable with letting T’Challa be a boss and give him solid feats and yet he can give feats to his supporting cast with no problem at all. Oh but I guess T’Challa just doing nothing standing around for most of the arc and barking orders at everyone shows that Coates totally gets the character am or right?

And if y’all still don’t understand why this man’s run pisses me tf off let me give you an example. Imagine that Storm already has her own solo, but yet the book has her feel like a supporting character despite her name being in the damn title, all the other X-Men constantly throw shade at her at every given opportunity and get all the feats while Storm is written as a milquetoast chump. The second arc things are a little better but when the big villain of the arc shows up, again, all the other X-Men are written as badasses, Storm does something of note for just one issue, while the one to take down the main villain of the arc is Wolverine. Imagine that, another hero gets the badass feat and saves in the climax of a book that’s supposed to be about Storm. That’s basically what happened with this arc of Black Panther.

And Coates is setting up to further wreck the franchise with this next arc looking like it’s going to turn T’Challa into a damn slave. Coates maybe working wonders for Storm but he is nothing but poison to Black Panther. The sooner he leaves the franchise for good, the better.
    I've only read the issues where Storm appears in the title, so I'm gonna have to let somebody else who follows the whole series debunk what you said.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Rutog I was just telling a few friends on Facebook that you were right all along. Coates totally agrees with you.
    Coates did his HOMEWORK and he LOVES the character. That is ALWAYS a GREAT combo to FIND in a writer!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post

No hammers. Just pray! That's Storm's slogan now.
    LOL! There is just so much untapped potential when it comes to Storm stories it's not even funny. While I never want Storm to develop her mystical potential, I do want her to have some kind of resistance against magic so she can fight Dr. Strange-type foes as well. Heck, with the boost she just got and how she was able to put the beat down on a powerful mystical foe like Adversary, she has already demonstrated the power to take on the big mystic foes Dr. Strange faces without the use of magic. One of her ancestors was a Sorceress Supreme (probably had "goddess" level magic, too, given this is a gift of her maternal bloodline). It would stand to reason that she would inherit many of the immortal foes a sorcerer supreme would battle since many of them would bear a grudge against her bloodline.

Then, on top of this, she is a thief, a top-level H2H combattant, an expert stateswoman, and she has a power that can control the natural forces of wherever she is (not to mention her extreme power levels) meaning she can have both cosmic and interdimensional adventures. There is just TOO much to work with where Ororo is concerned.
    I agree, my friend. It's such a great feeling to be rewarded with great stories and great feats. Storm was just put on a tier that even the Adversary is scared of facing off against.