Default Skywalkers in Obi-Wan?

So there's rumors now that not only Luke will show up but the Disney+ show might have some flashbacks/visions? with Hayden Christensen as Anakin.

Bringing Hayden in to a Disney project has been of course floated for a while-there's concept art of him as a sort of mixed Anakin/Vader force ghost and of course he did do the vocal cameo for "Rise". Hayden Christensen seems to mainly be semi-retired from acting (although he does an occasional small-scale action movie or romantic comedy) but maybe he'll show up to film a few scenes. He also doesn't seem to have aged that much-he maybe looks a bit thinner now (He kind of bulked up a lot for ROTS) but apart from that he more or less looks the same IMO.

Of course a young Luke (not played by Hammil) does makes sense as well as he was pretty much Obi-Wan's primary purpose for being on Tatooine in the first place.. Plus the original film pretty much did infer that they knew each other at least casually, although of course Ben doesn't tell him about who he really is until it becomes relevant (and even then of course he doesn't tell the whole truth).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-01-2020 at 02:45 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Maybe they share a blue milk.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Why not, both Luke & Leia had cameos in Rebels.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

What's the point?
    Disney have completely erased the Skywalker bloodline. They're gone. Full stop.
    Kennedy and co. wanted Mary Rey Sue to inherit the title. If they think shoehorning the Skywalkers into the Kenobi series will make them more money, they're hypocrites.
    The mouse made its choices. They can live with them.

They're still alive when Kenobi is set, and a big part of his story. I don't think the series will focus entirely on Obi-Wan on Tatooine; perhaps some pressing emergency takes him briefly off-planet, and there could be flashbacks to other parts of Obi-Wan's life (Although currently not rumored, CBR's front page is advocating putting Qui-Gon in the series). Mandalorian used some Clone Wars flashbacks and given what we've heard of Cassian Andor it looks like that will likely have some to. So having a bit with Obi-Wan and Anakin doing something isn't unlikely.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    What's the point?
    Kennedy and co. wanted Mary Rey Sue to inherit the title. If they think shoehorning the Skywalkers into the Kenobi series will make them more money, they're hypocrites.
    If you are going to do a Obi-Wan series you kind of have to do a Luke cameo. Rey isn't so much a Mary Sue as she is a Disney Princess dropped into Star Wars. I'm surprised you didn't use the more popular "MaRey Sue" lol.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    What's the point?
    I think it all depends on what story they want to tell. I'm pretty sure that if they don't want a Luke cameo, they won't make one and be fine with it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    If you are going to do a Obi-Wan series you kind of have to do a Luke cameo. Rey isn't so much a Mary Sue as she is a Disney Princess dropped into Star Wars. I'm surprised you didn't use the more popular "MaRey Sue" lol.
    I've not heard the term MaRey Sue. HA!

My husband and I call her Beige MarySue. She has no personality, is boring, and blah.
    If Disney wanted to make her a Princess, she needed a personality, plus not write her as little miss perfect with very little practice and as the strongest jedi evahh!
    And as far as I'm concerned, the ONLY Disney Princess in the Disney Movies would have been Princess Leia.
    No one else comes close.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl_70 View Post
    I've not heard the term MaRey Sue. HA!

My husband and I call her Beige MarySue. She has no personality, is boring, and blah.
    If Disney wanted to make her a Princess, she needed a personality, plus not write her as little miss perfect with very little practice and as the strongest jedi evahh!
    And as far as I'm concerned, the ONLY Disney Princess in the Disney Movies would have been Princess Leia.
    No one else comes close.
    This.
    I liked Rey when she was a nobody. Once she had a changed history she as just a rip off of Leia. Just as Poe was a rip off of Han Solo.