Page 9 of 123 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    LOL, yes, lots of "Come to Papa" and "Jumping Jellyfish" coming up! I think "Come to Papa" should have been as popular as "Imperious Rex!"
    Since Namor didn't say Imperius Rex in the Golden Age, I vote "Come to Papa!" be his Golden Age battle cry. LOL!

I need that on a button. Like the art on the WWII airplanes. Except it is Namor riding a torpedo yelling, "Come to Papa!"
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

The Hidden Gem Everett variant for Atlantis Attacks #1.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Since Namor didn't say Imperius Rex in the Golden Age, I vote "Come to Papa!" be his Golden Age battle cry. LOL!

I need that on a button. Like the art on the WWII airplanes. Except it is Namor riding a torpedo yelling, "Come to Papa!"
    LOL, you give me in idea for a special project, I'm going to do that in a 3D rendering! I've already gotten the Nazi Army Uniform from WW2 and the US Army uniforms from WW2, next I need some Nazi tanks, trying to recreate some WW2 Namor when I finally get some time off.

Mighty Member

Hey gang, head over to the Namor Readathon thread!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...adathon/page31

Another historic adventure of Namor from 1942 Marvel Mystery Comics #30 is served for your consumption and analysis.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I want to buy the Invaders, but the lack of female characters is the only thing stopping me at this point. Is there any chance we’ll get a Namor solo? Or some annual minis?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I want to buy the Invaders, but the lack of female characters is the only thing stopping me at this point. Is there any chance we’ll get a Namor solo? Or some annual minis?
    Something we've been asking for for a DECADE: another Namor solo book. And you'd think with all the announcements Marvel has been making, we'd get one, but no.

We do have Atlantis Attacks coming out this month, which hopefully won't kill Namor off in the first issue.

He's also appearing in the Avengers Defenders War 2, i.e. Tarot, which came out at the first of the year.

And we are getting a one-shot, retro, Marvels Snapshot, in March I think.

So, he's not completely disappeared.

If you want female characters in Invaders, I'd recommend James Robinson's run, All New Invaders. The first foe is a kick ass female Kree Accuser. And there's two legacy female characters.

LOL, you give me in idea for a special project, I'm going to do that in a 3D rendering! I've already gotten the Nazi Army Uniform from WW2 and the US Army uniforms from WW2, next I need some Nazi tanks, trying to recreate some WW2 Namor when I finally get some time off.
    Good! Every one needs MORE projects. ;p

Hey gang, head over to the Namor Readathon thread!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...adathon/page31

Another historic adventure of Namor from 1942 Marvel Mystery Comics #30 is served for your consumption and analysis.
    Awesome! I'll sneak over there at lunch time.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Well, let me extend you a personal invitation to our Namor Readathon. I'm doing the Golden Age and while the center character is Namor, and you would think in that era women were just damsels in distress you will be surprised. Bill Everett's writing, the creator of Namor, was way ahead of its time with our resident kickass regular policewoman Betty Dean who without any superpowers can tag along Namor in multiple adventures and plenty of times save the day, then we have his cousin Dorma, his mother Fen and plenty of female characters introduced almost in every single story and loads of femme fatales!

Mighty Member

Seems CBR and I are in tune. Excellent Golden Age article on Bill Everett's Namor today!!

https://www.cbr.com/namor-golden-age...-wings-return/

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

It's an interesting article, also I can't help but chuckle at the way Namor used to wear clothes in those days.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Seems CBR and I are in tune. Excellent Golden Age article on Bill Everett's Namor today!!

https://www.cbr.com/namor-golden-age...-wings-return/
    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    It's an interesting article, also I can't help but chuckle at the way Namor used to wear clothes in those days.

OMG. Some of my favorite Atlas era comics. Namor in his suit with Loa's grandmother ... appreciating his hunkiness. The "Atlantean Surprise" from Tha-Korr. And of course, one of my all time favorite panels ... "I wanna lick the world!"

Also, Cronin's copy of this issue had some joker drawing moustaches on Namor's face! LOL!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    OMG. Some of my favorite Atlas era comics. Namor in his suit with Loa's grandmother ... appreciating his hunkiness. The "Atlantean Surprise" from Tha-Korr. And of course, one of my all time favorite panels ... "I wanna lick the world!"

Also, Cronin's copy of this issue had some joker drawing moustaches on Namor's face! LOL!
    I know many people love the Atlas era but I don't like how Namor seems a lot smaller in these issues, almost like a teenage boy, even in the article you can see on top Namor's arms look at least double the size of his later Atlas era. He probably stopped taking his protein powder and creatine.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

So Aquaman is getting a 3 part animated show on HBO, you know how long I've been talking about a animated Namor show?! *angrily kicks a trashcan while muttering bitterly under my breath*
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    So Aquaman is getting a 3 part animated show on HBO, you know how long I've been talking about a animated Namor show?! *angrily kicks a trashcan while muttering bitterly under my breath*
    Excuse me while I go bang my head against the wall.

I really hate to be negative about another character's good fortune ... but it does rankle. It's like Marvel has just given up and handed over the space of it's first superhero, and the original sea prince!

Between dealing with unscrupulous surface dwellers, elder evils from beyond time and his own half-brother who wants to overthrow him,
    Especially when I read this blurb, which sounds a lot like Roxxon, Suma Ket / Serpent Crown, and Byrrah.

I know many people love the Atlas era but I don't like how Namor seems a lot smaller in these issues, almost like a teenage boy, even in the article you can see on top Namor's arms look at least double the size of his later Atlas era. He probably stopped taking his protein powder and creatine.
    LOL! Not enough protein powder.

To be fair, though, Namor was much younger then.