View Poll Results: Would you like the X-men to join the MCU?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

78 58.65%
  • No

55 41.35%
Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

I say no.

First of all, I think the MCU has gone on too long to introduce something as big as mutants at this point (and with the Inhumans taking that slot now in the MCU, I'm not sure what nice the X-Men would have).

Secondly, I think the X-Men make more sense in their own world instead of a larger superhero world.

Finally, and subjectively, I like how the X-Men movie series is going, so I don't see the need for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I say no.

First of all, I think the MCU has gone on too long to introduce something as big as mutants at this point (and with the Inhumans taking that slot now in the MCU, I'm not sure what nice the X-Men would have).

Secondly, I think the X-Men make more sense in their own world instead of a larger superhero world.

Finally, and subjectively, I like how the X-Men movie series is going, so I don't see the need for a change.
    The only other two (or three) Marvel properties that really fit with the X-Men is Hulk, Spider-Man and maybe the Inhumans.

I say no.

Marvel making X-men films doesnt mean they have to be in the MCU. And if they werent, they can still coexist alongside the MCU. A Secret Wars type crossover film could be used to eventually merge the two, should they choose

Amazing Member

I say no.

They just recently introduced Spider-Man and changed its origin, it can be done. And how introducing the Inhumans is more easy than introducing the mutants. It could just be stated that suddenly mutants started to pop up and that's it. That's how it is in the comics since mutants just get their powers when they reach puberty. Bsides the X-men and mutants were always hiding, so I don't ee the big deal with that.

It's surprising how many still have faith in Fox after the way the completely butchered characters like Rogue, Emma Frost, Storm, Cyclops, Phoenix, Kitty Pryde etc. I just can't understand it really.
    Last edited by Nunoni; 10-11-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunoni View Post
    It's surprising how many still have faith in Fox after the way the completely butchered characters like Rogue, Emma Frost, Storm, Cyclops, Phoenix, Kitty Pryde etc. I just can't understand it really.
    X-Men, X2, First Class, Days of Future Past, The Wolverine, Deadpool, Logan are why.

Whether your favorite character got the spotlight or not. They've made good movies.

Edit to add - Legion & The Gifted (so far)
    Last edited by cc008; 10-11-2017 at 05:41 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    X-Men, X2, First Class, Days of Future Past, The Wolverine, Deadpool, Logan are why.

Whether your favorite character got the spotlight or not. They've made good movies.
    Yeah, I mean who cares about Cyclops, Phoenix, Storm, Rogue, who are they? They are just some stupid X-men, be thankful that you got all that Mystique character development.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

none of the Xmen movies were good and don't measure up to even 10% of the actual stories they were supposed to be based upon. hopefully mstvsk can work a deal like they did with Sony for spiderman.

Spidey is easier to introduce off-screen because he is just one guy with a simpler backstory before the Totem aspect was introduced. Granted the totem aspect helps the other spiders like miles/silk/julia etc exist.

The x-men are more complicated because they represent a group that's exponentially growing and are hard to contain. Plus magneto has ties to ww2 and he would have started fighting for mutant rights/supremacy in the 60s. They would have been a household name by the time Iron-Man gets kidnapped which is the bigger problem. They would have to pull from the Ultimates universe to get around tho.

There is a concern over representation but Fox hasn't really used any minority mutants well outside of Storm in the Last Stand so the MCU has the lead because they have Black panther on the docket. If that film is well-recieved critically than we know the MCU could handle it.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

They just recently introduced Spider-Man and changed its origin, it can be done. And how introducing the Inhumans is more easy than introducing the mutants. It could just be stated that suddenly mutants started to pop up and that's it. That's how it is in the comics since mutants just get their powers when they reach puberty. Bsides the X-men and mutants were always hiding, so I don't ee the big deal with that.
    The big deal is that is just a rip-off of the prequel films and the Inhumans as somebody already mentioned.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    The big deal is that is just a rip-off of the prequel films and the Inhumans as somebody already mentioned.
    The Inhumans were a hidden civilization that break from their isolation. Mutants are normal humans from any culture thay can just appear. Just pop up like nothing. And Inhumans aren't part of the MCU yet actually, they are part of the TV series in fact, besides you are aware that the NuHumans is actually rip-off the mutants concept right?

Yeah, I mean who cares about Cyclops, Phoenix, Storm, Rogue, who are they? They are just some stupid X-men, be thankful that you got all that Mystique character development.
    You asked and I answered. Those are good movies. Thus, why people have faith.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    You asked and I answered. Those are good movies. Thus, why people have faith.
    Ok first, I'm talking about the X-men movies solely not Wolverine or Deadpool Logan, etc. My idea is that they should share their universe and have the X-men in the MCU while Fox could make movies like X-force, Deadpool and the TV series, similar to Sony that is producing Venom. That same model, I'm just asking for the X-men.

I'm sorry but the way the developed Magneto and Mystiue over the actual X-men is ridiculous, I cannot wrap my head about how bizarre that is. And honestly do peple have faith in Dark Phoenix?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

The Inhumans were a hidden civilization that break from their isolation. Mutants are normal humans from any culture thay can just appear. Just pop up like nothing. And Inhumans aren't part of the MCU yet actually, they are part of the TV series in fact, besides you are aware that the NuHumans is actually rip-off the mutants concept right?
    Yes, they are apart of the MCU. TV shows are in the same universe as the films.

I'm not talking about NuHumans in SHEILD. I'm talking about the Inhumans TV show that just came out. There it revealed that a race of superpowered beings were in hiding and are revealing themselves to the world. I'm saying that revealing mutants as another superhuman race in the MCU that was in hiding and are finally revealing themselves to the world would indeed make it a rip-off of Inhuman. Especially, when it's so soon after Inhumans series.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-11-2017 at 06:21 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Yes, they are apart of the MCU. TV shows are in the same universe as the films.

I'm not talking about NuHuman in SHEILD. I'm talking about the Inhumans TV show that just came out. There it revealed that a race of superpowered beings were in hiding and are revealing themselves to the world. I'm saying that revealing mutants as another superhuman race in the MCU that was in hiding and are finally revealing themselves to the world would indeed make it a rip-off of Inhuman. Especially, when it's so soon after Inhumans series.
    Yeah but the films don't acknowledge the Inhumans lol. AoS Actress were complaining about that actually. The X-men were hidden but they were known to the public and if teenage mutants start to pop up its gong to be difficult to hide it.

Lately Marvel has been using all the Xmen tropes in the Inhumans, so its been hard to differentiate but they originally were pretty different concepts.

I doubt that they would have taken the risks that Fox did with 'Logan.'