Page 38 of 661 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138538 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada was about to inquire where the kitchen was and how much food was stocked -- for the future -- when her scouter pinged. There was a power level coming from the private room. A second later, it was gone. "Is this thing malfunctioning already?" she mumbled. Her eyes narrowed and she tapped the scouter to scan the room.

The energy seems to settle around the old woman speaking, like a mantle, and suddenly a new power settles in the room.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    The possessed Chou shrugs, the women’s voice still present.

“Chou is fine. He can hear everything right now, but at the moment, I am using him to speak to you. My name is........Kami. I am Earth’s Guardian, and I have chosen you four for a quest.”
    Using him to speak
    Held turned away from the beautiful, translucent woman, turning to his other comrades, trying to gauge their reactions to see if anyone could make any sense anything she was saying.

"Earth has a guardian? I admit I've not been on this planet that long, but this is the first I've heard of such a thing outside of bars or random travel magazines or kids telling stories."

He understood the general idea. Something or other about protecting earth from calamity, or disaster or something. But was that so common on this planet that they actually needed such a thing? His three years on this planet had progressed amazingly smooth, up till this point.

By contrast, even stepping foot on his own planet ran the risk of death for many species, his own included. Now, if any planet needed a guardian.....

"...I'm going to sound impudent, but what do you protect the earth from?" He asked, his skepticism barely masked by his consummate tact, "And what do you mean by 'quest'? I'd think earths guardian would have better things to do than to bother four unlucky guys like us, no?"

This sounds nonsensical. I'm willing to extend my disbelief quite a bit, it's a big universe, but this seems to be pushing it.....

"And does it have anything to do with these wierd balls?"

An energy barrier snaps up around the broken talisman and urn, protecting it. A deep chuckle filled the air as a shadowy form begins to manifest. After a few moments, a dark skinned and dark haired human in old, arcane robes, stands before them. His eyes are alight with an unearthly flame, and power crackles around him.
    No wonder everything felt like a movie! Judging by the guy who had started this mess and his obvious, "Look at me, I'm an evil wizard" robes, i..t made sense that things had felt so...plotful? Charco couldn't really put a name to it. Still, no matter how the guy looked, his actions were much more serious. They proved to be even so when he casually flung the oni into a wall.

"I thought you knew him." He said to Ishtar, somewhat confused considering how much she had spoken about the guy just beforehand. Regardless, the response to her attack proved that attacking the guy all right wouldn't work (as much as it pained him to admit), so they would need time to figure out how to deal with him.

"Yo, Gandalf, what's your beef with this town?" He asked.
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 01-11-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    "The heck is that fancy Gizmo, anyway?" Jack asked Sarada he sought to avoid contact with the elders, "You saw the the yeti before it arrived, and new how powerful it was. "Ochazuke did as well, but he didn't need a monocle."

When he heard the elders he turned to them his desire to remain anonymous momentarily forgotten.

"Master? Someone controls those things?"
    "It's a scouter. It's able to scan a life form and determine their power level," she answered him. "I can use it to communicate with other scouters too, if they're on the same frequency."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The energy seems to settle around the old woman speaking, like a mantle, and suddenly a new power settles in the room.
    "What the hell?" The old woman possessed the strange power she detected earlier. And now there was a new power that she just detected. "Your power isn't right," she told the old woman bluntly. "Who are you?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

And finds herself eating wall as he waves his hand and an invisible force slams her into the opposite one.
    Ishtar picks herself up, and huffs. Telekinesis, how quaint. Centering herself, the Oni's breathing slows to a crawl, her head bobbing gently. After a short while- time enough for Charco to ask his question- Ishtar lifts her head and exhales.

"Spənta Armaiti, the third Spark." Defenses bolstered now, by effectively planting herself in one place, Ishtar scooped up a stone and hurled it at the Wizard to try and bait another telekinetic push.

Would she be unmoved, however, was the question.

OT: We're what, Class 5?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The man slides past each blow with casual indifference.
    As Shiro keeps attacking the man, Midori frowns and moves to behind him, and moving in quickly she wraps her arms around his waist and attempts a german suplex.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

“They were being gathered. The beasts, the Yeti, have slept for centuries. They had only been awoken recently by one strong enough to break the enchantment on their prison. They were gathering the townspeople for use by their master.”
    (OCC: You'll have to let me know if Karine senses anything unusual)

Karine had partially zoned out, having other things on her mind even though she knew she shouldn't have as it would have been rude. She hadn't completely checked out, just she wasn't as intative as she could of been. On realizing the fact, she forced herself to focus on the present but hadn't missed much besides the idle chatter and Sarada being Sarada. The elders exchanged pleasantries to one another with nothing unusual until the talk of Yeti having masters perked her interest.

Hm..I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Yeti by themselves are mythological beings, but I don't recall in my limited research of having the intelligence enough to follow the lead, much less kidnap villagers without eating them..

There was a shift in the air, and while it may have been her imagination she decided to extend her magical sense a bit just to be sure. Sarada more or less confirmed things, but perhaps the energy was more magical or supernatural then straight Ki.

The old woman turned and looked at Totoma and Sarada’s. Her eyes flowed faintly, a blue silver, and her counter began gritting out as power seemed to leak off of her.

“Elder Roma is fine. I am merely using her as a conduit to speak to you all.”

The young, female voice seemed to resonate through the room, oozing power and grace and command.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    "It will help to know what name to cry out in alarm moments before you die in a massive cave-in," Asha'rah said cheerily, floating along in a lotus position.
    "....It's rather touching that you'd spend the moments before being crushed to death thinking of my safety in particular.." What amounted to a smile passed her lips momentarily as she followed behind.

An energy barrier snaps up around the broken talisman and urn, protecting it. A deep chuckle filled the air as a shadowy form begins to manifest. After a few moments, a dark skinned and dark haired human in old, arcane robes, stands before them. His eyes are alight with an unearthly flame, and power crackles around him.
    Erosa tensed up, but resisted the urge to spring into battle immediately.....there was just as much enjoyment in the build up to a kill as there was in the act itself. Besides, blue oni was nice to Erosa so she should get the first hit. As Ishtar sailed over her head however, she already regretted missing out. The old man had hit her with something you couldn't see and it looked like it hurt........hurts?

The urge to drop the whole act of the hunt and just tear into the man overtook her again. To hurt, to be hurt....both were equally exciting prospects to her.

But resist she did, not because of any particular inner show of willpower....but because the sound of her sisters voice suddenly cut the air, momentarily distracting her from the prey before her.

"Ohhh, I don't know what I was expecting down here.....but its just another man behind the curtain here too. Excuse me, judging from your garb and the methods you've chosen to attack us with, may I assume that you are some sort of discount cave dwelling excuse of a mage who can't form a good incantation to save his life without the life essence of an entire city."

She turned her head quickly to Asha and whispered. "Was that a good taunt? I may be a bit rusty, its been ages since I attended a social gathering."

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held turned away from the beautiful, translucent woman, turning to his other comrades, trying to gauge their reactions to see if anyone could make any sense anything she was saying.

"Earth has a guardian? I admit I've not been on this planet that long, but this is the first I've heard of such a thing outside of bars or random travel magazines or kids telling stories."

He understood the general idea. Something or other about protecting earth from calamity, or disaster or something. But was that so common on this planet that they actually needed such a thing? His three years on this planet had progressed amazingly smooth, up till this point.

By contrast, even stepping foot on his own planet ran the risk of death for many species, his own included. Now, if any planet needed a guardian.....

"...I'm going to sound impudent, but what do you protect the earth from?" He asked, his skepticism barely masked by his consummate tact, "And what do you mean by 'quest'? I'd think earths guardian would have better things to do than to bother four unlucky guys like us, no?"

This sounds nonsensical. I'm willing to extend my disbelief quite a bit, it's a big universe, but this seems to be pushing it.....

"And does it have anything to do with these wierd balls?"
    Chou smiles.

“I protect the Earth from things that go bump in the night, Held. Just as I protected your journey here, watched you the last three years, and know which Nevadaian city you were born in, your family line, and your aspirations.”

Her image grins.

“I want you to gather the dragon balls before Willa and her Red Raiders can. Something nasty is coming and we’ll
    Need them.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Midori misses as the older man simply speeds away, reappearing at the back of the alley again. Sick green energy builds and is flung at them all, like razor blades of energy raining towards them.

Again, Slak can sense a twisted Namekian presence in the man.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The old woman turned and looked at Totoma and Sarada’s. Her eyes flowed faintly, a blue silver, and her counter began gritting out as power seemed to leak off of her.

“Elder Roma is fine. I am merely using her as a conduit to speak to you all.”

The young, female voice seemed to resonate through the room, oozing power and grace and command.
    It was unreal. The voice speaking did not belong to the body; it was far too young. But, that, unbelievably, wasn't what startled Sarada. It was the power the woman was putting out. The scouter was glitching, so she couldn't get an accurate reading; not that she needed it. She could feel the power beating off of her. It was beyond anything she had ever been around -- even more than King Mato, the most powerful Saiyan alive.

She swallowed nervously, then masked it behind a low growl. "Talk to us about what? Get to the point."
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 01-11-2018 at 08:27 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The wizard shrugs.

“I’ve drained enough power to deal with filth like you. Now, Grav commands. DROP!”

Gravity suddenly increases, dragging them down to their knees.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

The move Kai pulls reveals the invisible man’s presence, like a humanoid shaped air ripple about five feet away. Which almost let him dodge as the sickly green claws tore into his side.
    Got yo- oh, ****

It was nearly all he could do to avoid a debilitating- or perhaps even fatal- wounding as the thankfully now apparent man chose him as his first target. Not liking the look- and feel- of the man's claws one bit, Kai immediately went on the defensive (i.e. barriers) as he attempted to heal himself.

Midori and Shiro hit an after image as the man, now visible suddenly, appears behind Midori. A clawing blow sends her reeling into the near by alley wall.
    The man slides past each blow with casual indifference.
    Noting the ease with which the man was avoiding the barrage of attacks heading toward him, Kai focused his attention on trying to telekinetically restrain- or, at the very least, slow- the man, to assist the others attempts to get a hit (or several) in-

Midori misses as the older man simply speeds away, reappearing at the back of the alley again. Sick green energy builds and is flung at them all, like razor blades of energy raining towards them.
    -or at least, he begins to, before the man's subsequent actions changes Kai's priorities back to full defense, this time to create a one-way barrier between the array of energy flung at them and the group.
    Last edited by Noldere; 01-11-2018 at 08:26 PM.
    This signature intentionally left blank.