Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Spider-Man Rogues Gallery Appreciation Thread .

hello everyone, i like to discuss with you on the people who hated Spidey with a burning steaming passion. here we would like to talk about every last one of his rogues galleries both obscure and well known. so let's just give off some moments on these spider-man rogues .

enjoy

BANNED

Cool 616 Knight and Fogg!

Knight & Fogg. A pair of globe-trotting mercenaries originally from the United Kingdom. Real names are Malcolm Knight and Thomas Fogg. How they gained their powers is the usual unbelievable superhero stuff: In the process of killing a certain scientist, they accidentally damage the scientist’s “particle cannon”, setting it off. And, instead of dying, they were “recreated in their own self-images”.

Fogg manipulates his own density, mostly taking a “gaseous” form. He tends to remain mostly intangible when he goes from regular human form to gaseous, but has enough fine control to make portions of himself more solid, so he can strangle opponents (his time-consuming, preferred method of psychopathic cruelty) or break things like windows (assumption: probably had to use gravity and a “controlled fall” to build up the speed to do that) or throw a (weak) punch. His gaseous state has been shown to “throw off” Spider-Man’s “spider-sense”, making it harder for the web-slinger to evade Fogg’s attacks. He sort of floats around, fairly slowly.

Unlike, say, Vapor of the U-Foes, he can’t turn himself poisonous. Again, he tends to use his “physicality” to strangle/choke victims. I don’t remember him being “inhaled” or anything, asphyxiating victims by going directly into their lungs. He’d use his misty, semi-solid form to wrap a wispy-tendril around his victim’s throat, and constrict like a snake.

Knight, on the other hand is sort of a predictable “brute” of a character, a “brick”. He’s able to transform himself into an “armored form”, similar to Colossus of the X-Men, but he also has a retractable, shortish, sword-like blade in his left forearm. As I remember him, he’d kill, but be quick about it. He did like to fight without using the sword as well. He was physically strong enough and durable enough to get the better of Spider-Man (a guy who ould life/press 10 tons at the time).
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 05-30-2016 at 05:42 AM.

Some cool images with lots of Spider-Man bad guys...

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Let's face it guys, Gobby's the best.

The+Amazing+Spider-Man+39.jpg

BANNED

Who wants to see this guy again ?

He was great.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Incredible Member

Slug

When first seeing the cover, I'd genuinely thought it's a book, where Spidey actually faces off against a fellow so big, he makes the Kingpin look skinny. Sadly, when I bought it, opened it up, there was no interaction against, or even with, each other, Spidey may have just only beaten up some of his men. The Slug, operating via phone from a distance, in his palace-like backyard pool, being what I would dig about him.

Ulysses S Lugman. Occupation: Crimelord, Druglord of Miami, Florida. He's a being so obese, that he requires a specialized mobile chair for mobilization, and eat large quantities of food to survive. His base of operations in which he primarily lords in was a palace-like pool area, filled with criminals, women, and drugs, to make the place a hotbed of crime and sins. Loves to party in it too.

Other words, he's a human analogy, of Star Wars' Jabba the Hutt. A buddy of mine, while I pointed out a cover with him while shopping, instantly told me "So he's Jabba the Hutt" before even I ever thought about it. But, yeah, he was.

What absolutely slays me about him, was the manner in which he dispatched those he felt has failed him. He asphyxiates, smothers them to death within the folds of his flesh. Yes, Kingpin was drawn to be pretty "fat" looking, but again and again, he explains it as "all muscle". The Blob, drawn to be pretty fat, even bullets, enemies' punches and kicks been absorbed by his sponginess, but he's got his mutant explanations of controlling his own gravity as well to back him more than just being a fat guy. Slug, well, he's just fat, and he clearly embraces it, with savage, sadistic creativity.

That.Is.Just.Awesome.

He's been more of a Captain America, Nomad, Poison (Miami-based heroine, also happened to be introduced that Web of Spider-Man Annual), and Daredevil, due to the fact he is, after all, also a criminal underworld figure, enemy. Spider-Man appearances of him that I am aware of: Web of Spider-Man Annual #4 (1988), Spider-Man #73-74 (1996).

Current Status, unfortunately: Bankrupt, Imprisoned. Even recent information reveals his great obeseness, in that he is a mutant (boo!, in that he is not just a really, really, fat ordinary human being!).
    Last edited by ngroove; 07-08-2016 at 07:17 PM.

BANNED

Happy Birthday Phil Jimenez!!!

The Amazing Spider-Man No.554 Cover: Spider-Man and Freak by Phil Jimenez & Kravinoffs by Phil Jimenez

Kraven the Hunter (Ana Kravinoff) by Phil Jimenez
    http://comicsalliance.com/tribute-phil-jimenez/

BANNED

during both TASM and Homecoming's productions i thought it would be a good idea to use Peter's old sociopathic bully, Carl King AKA The Thousand.

but due to the character being very graphic for both audiances of the two series we likely won't see him. however i believe we could still see the guy but we don't know when and how.

BANNED

Happy Birthday Colleen Doran!!!

Amazing Spider-Man # 326 cover art.

Spider-Man first fought Graviton in Amazing Spider-Man #326 (by David Michelinie, Colleen Doran and Andy Mushynsky), when Graviton (as part of Acts of Vengeance) is hired to kill Spider-Man.

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

Morbius is my favorite (very obviously), though I feel Morbius is less of a Spider-Man rogue and more of hi own character.

I really like him because of how much impact he can have or cause to another character, specially Spider-Man. I'm really waiting for a followup from Horizon and Spider-Man after Morby escaped from the raft after having rights read, no trial set, and arrested for two misdemeanors (one very obviously not his fault). I mean, there's been decades of the two workign slowly to respect and even help each other, and then that happened. Something has to come of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moral_Gutpunch View Post
    Morbius is my favorite (very obviously), though I feel Morbius is less of a Spider-Man rogue and more of hi own character.

I really like him because of how much impact he can have or cause to another character, specially Spider-Man. I'm really waiting for a followup from Horizon and Spider-Man after Morby escaped from the raft after having rights read, no trial set, and arrested for two misdemeanors (one very obviously not his fault). I mean, there's been decades of the two workign slowly to respect and even help each other, and then that happened. Something has to come of it.
    i feel like Morbius should have an ongoing series featuring either The Midnight Sons or just a couple of Monsterous or freaky characters .

BANNED

What do you think of this guy as Electro ? :

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    i feel like Morbius should have an ongoing series featuring either The Midnight Sons or just a couple of Monsterous or freaky characters .
    I actually like him best with his own series (or his own stories within one like Vampire Tales). At least make him a main character in Legion of Monsters and give that some better plots.

BANNED

anyone agree that The Beetle is a brilliant villain as well as his female predeccessor ?