Page 198 of 211 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3162
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zurr-en-arrh View Post
    Today i just finish of read the third tpb of cassie as batgirl and i really enjoyed the 37 issues but can't find any more trades and there are like 75 issues!�� Is dc having a plan to have more trades of this comic? Also what i most enjoyed was the friendship that cassie has with steph. Now i will read the 2 trades of her as batgirl while i wait more for cassie.
    Welcome to the forum and welcome to the fandom.

As it stands, a fourth volume sadly hasn't been solicited. The second half of the book as a whole isn't nearly as good as the Puckett/Scott run, but there are plenty of amazing issues and major highlights for you to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I just recently found some very cool art of Cass as Liloand Basil as stitch. It was so cute.
    Mind sharing? That sounds adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    And yes I hope when he does comeback that Cass will be the one to bring him back into the family. I always thought that Basil could be one of the few like Riddler and ivy who could be a hero.
    Were I given a solo spinning out of 'Tec, I have a pretty clear general idea about how I'd handle it. A few arcs in, I'd have 'Basil' pop up before Cass during a patrol, in complete control of himself but with no memory of how he came back, the two going on to spend a brief period together, having a good time. it'd soon be revealed that 'Basil' was actually one of the other Clayfaces in disguise, having seen old news video footage of Cass and Basil fighting together in the field and attempting to get to Batman through her. At the moment he thinks he's been brought to Batman's HQ, mocking Cass and how easy it was to fool her, it'd be revealed that she lead him into a trap, freezing him, and tearfully revealing that she knew he wasn't real all along from his body language. She just wanted to pretend for a bit.

Sometime later, the actual Basil would come back, but the Clayface personality would have complete control and it would have an obsession with hurting Cass. He'd spend time as the big bad of the book, popping in and out of focus, with Cass still wanting to save him no matter how many different ways he hurts her (sort of like Angelus in season 2 of Buffy, but with a more general toxic relationship theme as opposed to the abusive boyfriend story done there). The storyline would end with Cass managing to cure Basil with assistance from other BatFam members and since he's already legally dead they're able to avoid the legal system, but Basil would be completely traumatized from being in the backseat during all of Clayface's monstrous actions. He'd join the supporting cast, initially as a figure for Cass to help someone else through their trauma, the way he was there for her in this continuity, and ultimately getting his life back together in a new identity.
    Last edited by Assam; 05-12-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Same. For all of his faults writing most of the preexisting Knights, Tynion did manage to make Basil one of my favorite BatFam members.
    He really did manage to bring the humanity back to Clayface, which we haven't had in a really long time.

BANNED

https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...96320633634816

Johns being a fan does track.

Also, some cool art by cadhla182 and vavitsara on Tumblr respectively.

shadow.jpg

sibs.jpg

I admit, I'm still nervous. One thing I hope they don't toss her into are the little romances. I loved her friendships but didn't particularly like the flirtations; maybe because there wasn't much consistency.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dsjericho View Post
    I admit, I'm still nervous. One thing I hope they don't toss her into are the little romances. I loved her friendships but didn't particularly like the flirtations; maybe because there wasn't much consistency.
    Yeah, the random romances she kept getting weren't handled well at all. The romance with Kon COULD have worked, but it never went anywhere.

I'm definitely not against Cass in romances though. These days I pledge alleigance to CassXBrenda, but CassXSteph is also great.

Mostly jokingly, I've seen some people say they think she and Duke are gonna get paired up and BOY do I really hope that doesn't happen.

Yeah, the random romances she kept getting weren't handled well at all. The romance with Kon COULD have worked, but it never went anywhere.

I'm definitely not against Cass in romances though. These days I pledge alleigance to CassXBrenda, but CassXSteph is also great.

Mostly jokingly, I've seen some people say they think she and Duke are gonna get paired up and BOY do I really hope that doesn't happen.
    Whatever they do, I'd like her to be atypical in some way because she can be a wonderfully subversive character. Socialized to be a killer ... who's loves hugs. Hugely intimidating ... and a sweetheart. I don't think I would necessarily mind a romance as long as it's not whatever stereotypical teenage thing writers tend to fall back on. Cass hasn't received the same daily messaging the rest of society has, she shouldn't respond like others who grew up surrounded by that sort of conditioning. What would 'romance' look like to her?

She's got a lot to figure out - it's sad but I loved her wondering if maybe they'd kill her, too - and it seems like romance would be quite a ways down on that list. Maybe they'll pleasantly surprise me ... okay, no, I'm not that optimistic.

So I don't know if you heard but Paramount has a G.I Joe movie starring Snake Eyes.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/g-i-joe-is-r...mov-1825963176

For those not familiar, Snake Eyes is the ninja member of the counter-terrorist organization known as G.I Joe and is mostly known for the fact that he does not speak. Whether he is physically incapable of it or simply chooses not to depends on the continuity. Anyway my point is, it's a shame Paramount is taking a chance on a mute character while DC/WB seems not to.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So I don't know if you heard but Paramount has a G.I Joe movie starring Snake Eyes.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/g-i-joe-is-r...mov-1825963176

For those not familiar, Snake Eyes is the ninja member of the counter-terrorist organization known as G.I Joe and is mostly known for the fact that he does not speak. Whether he is physically incapable of it or simply chooses not to depends on the continuity. Anyway my point is, it's a shame Paramount is taking a chance on a mute character while DC/WB seems not to.
    IF you are talking about Cassandra Cain she's not exactly mute not in the way most know anyway so she might not qualify as one since she simply has trouble reading and speaking so that's not being mute that being both illiterate and having some sort of speech impediment.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

shadow.jpg

sibs.jpg
    Bryan talking with Geoff shows DC is putting a lot of faith into his Outsiders run, excited to see how it turns out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Bryan talking with Geoff shows DC is putting a lot of faith into his Outsiders run, excited to see how it turns out.
    It's also possible the two were just chatting while on the 'Titans' set, but it definitely would be nice to see the book get a solid push.

shadow.jpg

sibs.jpg
    Good images. Strange mask, but I like to see her face.

Bruce will adopt her in the Outsiders? Or this kind of step is more for Batman comics?
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-16-2018 at 02:51 PM.

BANNED

https://www.cbr.com/gotham-season-5-...ampaign=CBR-TW

I might have to watch Gotham now...

All the times I've denounced Cass's lack of media appearances...this isn't what I wanted.

BANNED

It might be David Cain

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    It might be David Cain
    Yes, but they also mention Mother and Shiva. It'd be slightly ridiculous if they had all of them but not Cass.

Frankly I'm not sure whether I'm hoping she is or isn't going to be in this.

BANNED

https://www.cbr.com/gotham-season-5-...ampaign=CBR-TW

I might have to watch Gotham now...

All the times I've denounced Cass's lack of media appearances...this isn't what I wanted.
    If they pull this off, then this could be a start in showcasing Cass outside of the comics and make her fanbase grow outside of the comics.