Page 1828 of 1875 FirstFirst ... 82813281728177818181824182518261827182818291830183118321838 ... LastLast
Results 27,406 to 27,420 of 28116

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Aquaman needs to move. I don't know if its going to get overtaken by both Bumblebee and Mary Poppins but those movies are going to take a chunk out of Aquaman potential box office. Even if one movie out the three flops that's still money being lost from each.

*Edit-
    After looking more at the releases Hellboy and Glass might do some damage. Glass is coming right from Split and was revealed to be a continuation of Unbreakable which gave it more momentum. Hellboy isnt popular as the other big competitions but it still has name recognition and will definitely get more following along the way. Fans desperately wanted a 3rd Hellboy movie and this is their anwser.
    There is no where to move it. 2019 is packed as well, especially when it comes to superhero films. Looking at the December releases, Aquaman, Bumblebee, and Mary Poppins are probably going to eat into eaxh others grosses, at least opening weekend wise, but they should be able to coexist, seeing as how Jumanji and The Last Jedi coexisted. Quality will determine the outcome imo.

Edit: Justice League outgrossed the last Transformers movie and DC films have a track record of opening upwards of 100 million for the past 10 years (sans JL and GL)

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If I am reading the tea leaves correctly. Warner Bros is set to release six movies, which they will announce at Comicon.

Aquaman, Shazam & Wonder Woman 1984.

Harley Quinn vs The Birds of Prey, Green Lantern Corps by Johns, Batman, Flash and Superman. Period. No 2, no subtitle: The Lighten-ing Up-penning.

Is that more than six?
    Aquaman, Shazam and Wonder Woman 84 are all confirmed and happening. After that is apparently Harley Quinn & The Birds of Prey (filming in January, likely releasing 3 months after WW84). After that is anyone's guess. Maybe it'll be Batman, maybe it'll be Suicide Squad 2. I doubt it'll be GLC or MOS2 though since neither has a director.
    Last edited by El_Gato; 07-09-2018 at 11:11 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Edit: Justice League outgrossed the last Transformers movie and DC films have a track record of opening upwards of 100 million for the past 10 years (sans JL and GL)
    On the other hand, the last Transformers movie crashed and burned worse than Justice League, and the DCEU has been on a downward trajectory since Batman Vs Superman. The reason Wonder Woman did so well was because it managed to keep up its run for so long as it did, not because it smashed at the opening weekend.

Both franchises have a lot to prove.

Both movies have a lot to prove as they have the unenviable task of regaining the goodwill for their respective franchises. Who does more comes down to the marketing, which we can't judge for Aquaman as it hasn't really started yet.

December 7th has no major blockbuster releases I believe it's all award contender and international films which is a different demographic than the general audience goer Aquaman will be targeting. IMO Aquaman would benefit from just coming out two weeks earlier. Hey and fans get to see it two weeks earlier.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Where are those images taken from?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Where are those images taken from?
    They were taken from a video uploaded (and later removed) on the DC Collectables YouTube channel.

https://heroichollywood.com/aquaman-...es-first-look/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-10-2018 at 07:17 AM.

They were taken from a video uploaded (and later removed) on the DC Collectables YouTube channel.

https://heroichollywood.com/aquaman-...es-first-look/
    Black Manta looks amazing.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Dwayne Johnson Says Black Adam Could Film Late 2019, Teases DC Cameos: http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...2019-dc-cameos

The Black Manta suit looks a bit too busy for me, but I guess the sleek all black look might not work very well on screen. About Aquaman,s box office competition, you do realize it has to go up against SOMETHING, right? A Transformers spinoff and a Mary Poppins remake is about as tame an opposition a blockbuster film can have.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    The Black Manta suit looks a bit too busy for me, but I guess the sleek all black look might not work very well on screen. About Aquaman,s box office competition, you do realize it has to go up against SOMETHING, right? A Transformers spinoff and a Mary Poppins remake is about as tame an opposition a blockbuster film can have.
    It's the first Transformers film in ages that has a lot of positive noise surrounding it, and Mary Poppins is a bigger icon than Aquaman. Don't sell them short.

Classic suit for the win.

Manta's helmet looks lower and doesn't have the piping of the helmet in the EW pic, so I'm guessing that's a prototype.

I like that they kept his dagger and armblades.
    Dwayne Johnson Says Black Adam Could Film Late 2019, Teases DC Cameos: http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...2019-dc-cameos
    I wonder what cameos this film could receive. Isn't it supposed to be set in the distant past?

The only major characters who would've been alive back then are the Amazons.

Maybe Djimon Hounsou's Wizard?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's the first Transformers film in ages that has a lot of positive noise surrounding it, and Mary Poppins is a bigger icon than Aquaman. Don't sell them short.
    Yeah I mean I want Aquaman to move even by two weeks just to it can do as well as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Don't see Millenials or Generation Z getting excited for Mary Poppins, nor does it have the same demographic as the other two. So really it's between Aquaman and Transformers. Never underestimate WB marketing! Its what got Suicide Squad and It massive opening weekends.

PS: Wonder Woman still opened upwards of 100M.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Mary Poppins moved up to the same day as Aquaman, Bumblebee and Alita. Damn Disney!

I guess the Atlanteans will HAVE to move now.