Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    The folks that held magneto back from saving his daughter from being burned to death

But a rational person knows animals very rarely attack unprovoked
    lol soooo bigots whose only interactions with *insert minority* is what they see on a sensationalist TV program and the assumptions they form are justified?
    Honestly if Eric's dogma came from an appropriated mutant holocaust it would make more sense to be sympathetic.But he is a survivor of a true human on human holocaust and so he sounds a hypocrite.Humans will always kill out of prejudice ...humanity is vile and barbaric oh and by the way since I saw how close they came to annihilating a part of their own,I think my kind (mysteriously not jews but mutants) would be better off with all humanity either annihilated or groveling at 'our' feet... Interesting to say the least

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Honestly if Eric's dogma came from an appropriated mutant holocaust it would make more sense to be sympathetic.But he is a survivor of a true human on human holocaust and so he sounds a hypocrite.Humans will always kill out of prejudice ...humanity is vile and barbaric oh and by the way since I saw how close they came to annihilating a part of their own,I think my kind (mysteriously not jews but mutants) would be better off with all humanity either annihilated or groveling at 'our' feet... Interesting to say the least
    uh yeah sounds pretty reasonable to me
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

'uh yeah sounds pretty reasonable to me'

200w.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes, she broke his dream. You can do that by perfectly mundane methods. Xavier has already seen in other lives how his dream failed and in this same one he has also seen how it led nowhere. Does it seem so strange to you that someone gives up something they have seen that doesn't work?
    Moira is not Destiny, she cannot predict the future.

More, Xavier didn't wake up one day to see how much the humans can be horrible… Hell, he can look at our history like we can do: Hickman makes look Xavier like a child…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

'uh yeah sounds pretty reasonable to me'

200w.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    What do you mean? He can't be shocked by witnessing thousands of years of trauma and mutants dying? He's not omniscient. And he can't be sad because he is a telepath?
    A broken Xavier looks like the one in DOFP. This one doesn't look broken, just not really himself anymore…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Moira's idea is to break Xavier to forge a new Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post

Simply put, I don't consider those people true X-Fans.
    Who are you to police who is and isn't a "true" X-Fan?

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Who are you to police who is and isn't a "true" X-Fan?
    I wasn't policing anything, I was expressing an opinion based on obvious facts.

If you think the X-Men's longtime ideological opposites and enemies... Magneto, The Brotherhood, the MLF and countless others were right, and that Xavier and the X-Men were wrong and need to become like their enemies... then you are not an X-Fan, or at least not an 'X-Men' fan. You are a Magneto, The Brotherhood, the MLF etc. type of fan.

If you want to see the heroes become as bad and wrong as the villains they fight against because you see that as being right, you are not really a fan of the heroes...

If you think the X-Men's longtime ideological opposites and enemies... Magneto, The Brotherhood, the MLF and countless others were right, and that Xavier and the X-Men were wrong and need to become like their enemies... then you are not an X-Fan, or at least not an 'X-Men' fan. You are a Magneto, The Brotherhood, the MLF etc. type of fan.

If you want to see the heroes become as bad and wrong as the villains they fight against because you see that as being right, you are not really a fan of the heroes...
    Imagine telling someone what they are and aren't a fan of based off your own opinion that you claim is based on "facts". I can't.

If everything was black and white we'd all be Zebras.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

That's just it... what was it about those groups that the X-Men opposed? In many cases it was their methods of accomplishing goals, not their actual goals.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Also the X-Men responded every time there was a mutant attack. Humans had equal representation of mutants out to hurt them and mutants that actively tried to help them. On the other hand there were no large groups of humans coming to the mutants rescue after Genosha and other extinction events. At this point I think it’s smart for mutants to have a healthy distrust of humans.
    Because how Marvel sticks to their themed sections, it's why the X-men aren't stopping super-villain bank robbers despite being in New York City and have super sonic jets. What? No, there are millions of humans in Marvel - the bigots who attack mutants are a minority and they've had human allies before. Moira was one of them. Groups of humans helped in Genosha's aftermath, and the Avengers personally helped protect the Morlocks from massacred by the Marauders. Thor was there. It's rational for mutants to distrust humans, since they are a nation except Krakoa isn't just doing that. And this extends to all non-mutant life. You'd think Atlantis having King Namor they'd cut his people slack, but no - all they want is the king with the x-gene on their island. They're ignoring the other super-human races like the Inhumans.

You are totally gatekeeping based on your headcanon

BANNED

So many problems with that.
    First using words like "true fan" not in fun tells a lot about the one using it.

Second what "obvious facts"? He is not going full " need to become like their enemies" he just choose a new way to save mutants after seeing that a peaceful coexistence does not work for the moment. 40 years of story after story of mutants getting killed or the goverment building Robots against mutants he has a point in that. He tries a middle ground to start new realtions with humans

Seeing what he said in House of X at the start announcing the new status quo and in Davos if you think that he is advocating killing humans like the former enemies(esp. funny considering certain a law started on Krakoa). the funny thing is the argument that the former enemies changed their ways to the new Xavier middle ground, would be the more "obvious fact".
    Last edited by lowfyr; 06-30-2020 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Most Mutants like that are victims of human cruelty.Why get surprised when the dog you abuse bites back?!
    That would be moral blind, every single crime that a mutant has made cannot be justified while every single crime comited by humans is considered a hate crime.

Especially when the people who paid for those crimes has nothing to do with the original offense, besides, most mutants villains can hardly be considered victims.

They do what they do because they want to achieve a particular goal, usually selfish.