Page 230 of 243 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 3638
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I think it would work in that instance because of what NXT has become

and people need to let that Cena heel turn s**t go, because Cena himself has said he's not interested
    Exactly. Its not happening and doesnt need to.

The only turn i want to see is Hunter. There is a really good story about an aged wrestler wanting to have a legacy.

I would play that as a way to split up thr authority and lift NXT to the Smackdown spot. Steph keeps Raw and Hunter gets NXT.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    I feel any attempt to respond to this will just have it going in circles.

Still, the mentality that just because these guys aren't the best in WWE, doesn't mean they aren't the best. Most of the these guys can go anywhere in the world and be great. Maybe we should take into account that perhaps it's not the Wrestler that's the problem, it's the WWE.

Plus the idea that if you're not in somebody's club means your a crappy pants, is just stupid.
    Who said that.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Exactly. Its not happening and doesnt need to.

The only turn i want to see is Hunter. There is a really good story about an aged wrestler wanting to have a legacy.

I would play that as a way to split up thr authority and lift NXT to the Smackdown spot. Steph keeps Raw and Hunter gets NXT.
    I hope not. NXT is good as it is because HHH doesn't have himself on it and doing the Authority on it. We don't need that horse **** ruining a good product. Its why NXT is bragged up a lot as the main part of the company circles the wagon of boring at times. Because NXT doesn't have the Authority storyline dragging on there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I feel any attempt to respond to this will just have it going in circles.

Still, the mentality that just because these guys aren't the best in WWE, doesn't mean they aren't the best. Most of the these guys can go anywhere in the world and be great. Maybe we should take into account that perhaps it's not the Wrestler that's the problem, it's the WWE.

Plus the idea that if you're not in somebody's club means your a crappy pants, is just stupid.
    Again, the biggest isn't necessarilythe best... it's just the biggest.

Are there great in-ring performers outside of the WWE? You bet. But the biggest stars in the industry are the biggest stars in the WWE. It's why an international performer the stature of say a Nakamura might enter into the WWE knowing full well he could end up jobbing to Braun Strowman in WWE pre-show dark matches 6 months to a year from now. It's a big fish entering into a small pond... and they all know that going in, especially international stars who the core of the WWE Us audience likely has never heard of.

It's not a diss against the performers or the organizations they come from... but they all know going in that making it big elsewhere is no gurantee that you'll make it in the WWE. But they'll risk it anyways because that's the biggest spotlight in the industry. Again, bigger.. not necessarily better. You're right... an AJ or a Nakamura can go anywyere in the world and be great. But there's a reason they are going into the WWE... and it's probably not JUST the money. Because being a big star in the WWE (and there's no gurantee that will happen obviously) is a whole other thing from being a big star in New Japan or TNA or AAA or any other wrestling organization on the planet. It's why you see big international stars on their way UP going into the WWE, and why you see WWE stars on their way out or down going to New Japan or TNA. Typically at least... there are exceptions (say a Jeff Hardy or a Kurt Angle, who factor in things like road schedule and life style).

But by no means does it mean that you're crappy if you don't make it BIG in the WWE. In a decade there's maybe half a dozen wrestlers on the planet that can say they really made it BIG in the WWE. There are plenty of amazing performers who have had amazing careers they can be proud of, who have never made it big in the WWE. That's just how it is.

Extraordinary Member

I think it would work in that instance because of what NXT has become

and people need to let that Cena heel turn s**t go, because Cena himself has said he's not interested
    He can be like Mick when he on Vince's side. Not totsl heel but just enouth to let the Doctor come out to play.

Some think I 'm poster boy of what's wrong with Sports entertainment, but ain't one didn't I work my ass off to get here. I broke my damn neck, tore every muscle my arms and I am still standing on top of this mountain waiting for someone to knock me
    the Hell off. Now a bunch of you may of been big fishes in some very small pounds, but Here it means squat. Welcome back to square one and you like it you can choke on these *pulls out a bag off Nuts*

now a lot of you are wondering why I am throwing myself with this lot. It's simple 15 yrs ago A man came out here saying he was looking for the next star and he needed "Ruthless Aggression" and that got a 23 yr old to come here and challenge an Olympic medalist. To fight The Undertaker in his yard, to take the World championship belt off that man! To never back down, to never give in. Oh he stacked the deck aginst me, but he wanted to see is I would rise up and grab that brass ring and I did, And I still have it. In other words ...If want Some....COME GET SOmE!!
    Last edited by Deadxman; 01-31-2016 at 03:17 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Again, the biggest isn't necessarilythe best... it's just the biggest.

Are there great in-ring performers outside of the WWE? You bet. But the biggest stars in the industry are the biggest stars in the WWE. It's why an international performer the stature of say a Nakamura might enter into the WWE knowing full well he could end up jobbing to Braun Strowman in WWE pre-show dark matches 6 months to a year from now. It's a big fish entering into a small pond... and they all know that going in, especially international stars who the core of the WWE Us audience likely has never heard of.

It's not a diss against the performers or the organizations they come from... but they all know going in that making it big elsewhere is no gurantee that you'll make it in the WWE. But they'll risk it anyways because that's the biggest spotlight in the industry. Again, bigger.. not necessarily better. You're right... an AJ or a Nakamura can go anywyere in the world and be great. But there's a reason they are going into the WWE... and it's probably not JUST the money. Because being a big star in the WWE (and there's no gurantee that will happen obviously) is a whole other thing from being a big star in New Japan or TNA or AAA or any other wrestling organization on the planet. It's why you see big international stars on their way UP going into the WWE, and why you see WWE stars on their way out or down going to New Japan or TNA. Typically at least... there are exceptions (say a Jeff Hardy or a Kurt Angle, who factor in things like road schedule and life style).

But by no means does it mean that you're crappy if you don't make it BIG in the WWE. In a decade there's maybe half a dozen wrestlers on the planet that can say they really made it BIG in the WWE. There are plenty of amazing performers who have had amazing careers they can be proud of, who have never made it big in the WWE. That's just how it is.
    And again, WWE takes responsibility for some, maybe even most, of these guys who never made it big.

Do we really need to list the talent that could have made huge money for WWE with proper protection and booking? Instead they wasted away, with some not even ever being allowed to prove anything. Some, like poor Sting, get fucked over just because some old dude still takes personal what a company almost did to him 15 years ago. Even though he did what they did first.

I agree with everything you said. We just need to be careful not to give WWE to much credit. It's not all sinking or swimming for a lot of these guys. Some guys had weights tied to their feet from the beginning.
    Last edited by The Nuke; 01-31-2016 at 03:25 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I hope not. NXT is good as it is because HHH doesn't have himself on it and doing the Authority on it. We don't need that horse **** ruining a good product. Its why NXT is bragged up a lot as the main part of the company circles the wagon of boring at times. Because NXT doesn't have the Authority storyline dragging on there.
    There would be no Authority and Hunter already pokes his head at NXT every chance he gets. The NXT audience treats him like a face

BANNED

And again, WWE takes responsibility for some, maybe even most, of these guys who never made it big.

Do we really need to list the talent that could have made huge money for WWE with proper protection and booking? Instead they wasted away, with some not even ever being allowed to prove anything. Some, like poor Sting, get fucked over just because some old dude still takes personal what a company almost did to him 15 years ago. Even though he did what they did first.

I agree with everything you said. We just need to be careful not to give WWE to much credit. It's not all sinking or swimming for a lot of these guys. Some guys had weights tied to their feet from the beginning.
    grouse grouse grouse

Astonishing Member

Cena heel turn wasn't happening when he was on top. He's not on top anymore, Reigns is.
    If Reigns becomes the draw they want him to be, Cena turns heel, Reigns does make a wish.
    The only problem with a Cena heel turn is that if he turns and feuds with Reigns he's getting cheered. A lot of people think a Cena heel turn would make him get cheered no matter what, but i don't think that's true. If you turned him on a guy the fans actually like, he's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Cena heel turn wasn't happening when he was on top. He's not on top anymore, Reigns is.
    If Reigns becomes the draw they want him to be, Cena turns heel, Reigns does make a wish.
    The only problem with a Cena heel turn is that if he turns and feuds with Reigns he's getting cheered. A lot of people think a Cena heel turn would make him get cheered no matter what, but i don't think that's true. If you turned him on a guy the fans actually like, he's fine.
    Even if Reigns gets over as a top face I honestly still think it's more likely Reigns would go heel than Cena.

Astonishing Member

Shinsuke Nakamura - Last Yeaoh!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfEYKgBlYZw
    ill watch it later

Mighty Member

if you ain't done it in the WWE, you ain't done s**t
    And this is why I hate Sports Entertainment fans.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Remember when one guy years ago was dismissing Steve Corino because he hadn't had a WWE career ? Oh he's crap....and people brought up that Steve had accomplished a lot across the world.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Remember when one guy years ago was dismissing Steve Corino because he hadn't had a WWE career ? Oh he's crap....and people brought up that Steve had accomplished a lot across the world.
    Yeah. It was during my street team days under World-1.

I just smiled and nodded.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    I don't really mean that, but the difference between the WWE audience and say audiences of a promotion like ROH or Chikara is that most WWE fans exclusively watch WWE and nothing else

Ill openly admit I didn't get into anything outside of WWE and WCW until I was 18-19, and Im 36 now

but I don't blame the WWE for going that "if you ain't been here, you ain't done s**t" route because it works with their audience, it wouldn't work anywhere else