Page 585 of 598 FirstFirst ... 85485535575581582583584585586587588589595 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,775 of 8959

Thread: Arrow

Lyla took Connor popping up better then John initially did, but I guess working with The Monitor makes you more used to that kind of stuff.

How else to make this visit to Lian Yu more full-circle then by bringing back Yao Fei and Fyers, Oliver's first mentor and villain respectively. It was nice to see those guys again, as briefly as they were on-screen. Though I agree it would've been perfect if they had fit Shado in there as well.

I kinda feel bad for Roy that he came back only to lose his arm like in the comics. Ah well, a robot arm has it's perks...although couldn't the Canaries have Canary Cried the rubble off of him? Or would that have risked his arm just as much?

It was neat that they remembered Wintergreen Deathstroke, but I think a lot of fans will feel the final season was missing something if Manu Bennett doesn't get to make at least one more appearance.

I was kind of wondering if anyone else saw Yao Fei randomly turn up in the big group shot. I don't think he was all in Oliver's head, but it was a weird thing going on with the island...

So The Monitor didn't tell Lyla she would end up becoming Harbinger. Is she not expected to return from this once Crisis is over ?

"You've always had my back. Except for during that period in season 6 we try not to talk about."

Oliver and Roy finally talked! It was only for five seconds, but still !

Remember when Oliver was so anti-hug? Nice to see that's changed .

It's good to see Oliver finally come to terms with Lian Yu and acknowledge that, as bad as it was, it helped make him into the man he is today, and the man that would end up becoming Mia's father.

I'm starting to feel like they should have created a more interesting and relevant ending tag for all the shows leading into Crisis then Nash becoming Pariah. It only really felt relevant with Flash. Like, I dunno, tease the Anti-Monitor or something.

Yao Fei, that was cool to see! I was missing Slade too, of course. And call me crazy, but it would've been nice to see Evelyn also. And we got pretty much the entire team together here (minus Thea and Curtis, I guess).

I am continuing to enjoy seeing Mia and Oliver together, but I thought this was really William's episode. I've been struggling to see this William as the same kid from earlier in the series, but I was really convinced this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Eff that. It would kill the meaning of his sacrifice.

Give me Arsenal. If only for Crisis.
    Roy loves losing an arm and getting a cybernetic one. I could dig that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So The Monitor didn't tell Lyla she would end up becoming Harbinger. Is she not expected to return from this once Crisis is over ?
    I thought it was weird the way she name-dropped "Harbinger". I mean, she has used that codename in the past. Was it all because of the Monitor?

I kinda feel bad for Roy that he came back only to lose his arm like in the comics. Ah well, a robot arm has it's perks...although couldn't the Canaries have Canary Cried the rubble off of him? Or would that have risked his arm just as much?
    At least they did it better than how he lost it in 'Cry For Justice'.

"You've always had my back. Except for during that period in season 6 we try not to talk about."

I was thinking the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I thought it was weird the way she name-dropped "Harbinger". I mean, she has used that codename in the past. Was it all because of the Monitor?
    She said something to the effect of "I've come back as a harbinger of things to come." So it was less of a name, and more of a statement.

I'm starting to feel like they should have created a more interesting and relevant ending tag for all the shows leading into Crisis then Nash becoming Pariah. It only really felt relevant with Flash. Like, I dunno, tease the Anti-Monitor or something.
    There's been speculation that the icons on that door refer to the heroes of the various shows - if so, perhaps that's why that scene was relevant to all shows? Where they wanted to establish those icons to all fans by the time they bring it up again during the crossover, it won't seem to come from nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    There's been speculation that the icons on that door refer to the heroes of the various shows - if so, perhaps that's why that scene was relevant to all shows? Where they wanted to establish those icons to all fans by the time they bring it up again during the crossover, it won't seem to come from nowhere.
    True, but I get what Frontier is saying. The first time it was intriguing. The fourth time it was just repetitive.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    True, but I get what Frontier is saying. The first time it was intriguing. The fourth time it was just repetitive.
    I can see that argument but I reckon they figure they are goin for maximum coverage since there are likely lots of people who don't watch all the shows.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I can see that argument but I reckon they figure they are goin for maximum coverage since there are likely lots of people who don't watch all the shows.
    Maybe they could've found something that might have been less confusing then focusing on a character who's only really been on one show...

Ultimate Member

Maybe they could've found something that might have been less confusing then focusing on a character who's only really been on one show...
    Yeah, each show has someone *from that show* that could have served as a connective link.

On Supergirl, for instance, Dreamer might have had a dream. Or Brainy detected something with his crazy scanners. Or Malefic had a psychic flash allowing him to 'overhear' the psychic death-scream of thousands of Martians on some other universe dying all at once as waves of antimatter destroyed their Mars.

On Arrow, it could have been Lyla, relating cryptic warnings from the Monitor. Or some character already suggested to have some mystical or supernatural something going on, like Katana receiving whispers of impending death from the souls in her blade (if that's even a thing in the show's version of Katana, I don't actually remember...), or one of the al-Ghul sisters with information unearthed in some ancient League texts, kept in a puzzle box that was apparently set to unlock itself with an ancient winding mechanism on this exact date, 1000 years after it was first sealed away. (Pity the fool who had to wind that sucker up in the first place!)

It doesn't help that this is one of the less interesting Harrison Wells' we've seen. Surly Indiana Jones does nothing for me, other than remind me that he can do better than this.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Has there been any talk about the supporting cast of Arrow jumping to other shows once Arrow is finished?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Has there been any talk about the supporting cast of Arrow jumping to other shows once Arrow is finished?
    Other than Juliana and Katie going to 'Green Arrow and the Birds of Prey', I haven't heard anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Other than Juliana and Katie going to 'Green Arrow and the Birds of Prey', I haven't heard anything.
    I don't think much of the supporting cast has talked about what their future is like past-Arrow, even though Amell and Rickards are probably done.

I imagine if the spinoff goes through we'll get William and Connor, and keeping the rest of Team Arrow around would be a good way of keeping the cast relatively together and employed.

I would be very sad if Diggle gets forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, each show has someone *from that show* that could have served as a connective link.

On Supergirl, for instance, Dreamer might have had a dream. Or Brainy detected something with his crazy scanners. Or Malefic had a psychic flash allowing him to 'overhear' the psychic death-scream of thousands of Martians on some other universe dying all at once as waves of antimatter destroyed their Mars.

On Arrow, it could have been Lyla, relating cryptic warnings from the Monitor. Or some character already suggested to have some mystical or supernatural something going on, like Katana receiving whispers of impending death from the souls in her blade (if that's even a thing in the show's version of Katana, I don't actually remember...), or one of the al-Ghul sisters with information unearthed in some ancient League texts, kept in a puzzle box that was apparently set to unlock itself with an ancient winding mechanism on this exact date, 1000 years after it was first sealed away. (Pity the fool who had to wind that sucker up in the first place!)

It doesn't help that this is one of the less interesting Harrison Wells' we've seen. Surly Indiana Jones does nothing for me, other than remind me that he can do better than this.
    I like the idea of one scene to unite all shows. Nash may not be as interesting as last year's, which was JWS' Barry Allen (and it was awesome), but it's a cool lead-in. We also don't know who is going to know what, so maybe there's a reason Supergirl's closest friends shouldn't know the Crisis has begun.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I like the idea of one scene to unite all shows. Nash may not be as interesting as last year's, which was JWS' Barry Allen (and it was awesome), but it's a cool lead-in. We also don't know who is going to know what, so maybe there's a reason Supergirl's closest friends shouldn't know the Crisis has begun.
    Supergirl: Lena, you have to evacuate now!
    Lena: No! You lied about your identity.
    Supergirl: The world is literally being erased as we speak!
    Lena: I will have vengeance!
    *Monitor pops up*
    Monitor: I need this.
    *Grabs Lena and teleports back to where he's holding Lex.*

I don't think much of the supporting cast has talked about what their future is like past-Arrow, even though Amell and Rickards are probably done.

I imagine if the spinoff goes through we'll get William and Connor, and keeping the rest of Team Arrow around would be a good way of keeping the cast relatively together and employed.
    Amell is doing a wrestling show. Emily was doing theater work, and her show's run recently ended. As for the rest, the spin-off is supposed to take place in the future, so I don't know if we would be seeing Diggle again. But maybe we'll see Rene and his awful, awful wig again!