Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    So my only question about the rules: do "your face!" jokes count as insults?
    Maybe Brian Cronin will see it as the in-joke it is. As long as we don't use it wirh non-Ritalins out of Rita's, we may be fine.

Bay City Magnum! Decorum! Snark! Donald!

We just need the dog and the raccoon picture.

So my only question about the rules: do "your face!" jokes count as insults?
    I think we're still allowed to make jokes, just don't be an asshole.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

mattbib histories at us:

Rita's 500 Club anyone? Hahaha.

Remember the big accidental purge of...what was it?...2004? Man, that one was fun.
    Surprising that this run lasted ten years. I still remember the board wide "Crises" that would happen in the late 90s. Whole boards just garbled and out of order and mixed together. Whoever said that if it's on the internet, it's on there forever was full of Pol ammo.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Yep. Back in the day, no-one had post counts. Hell, not even your handle was permanent. You could pick a new name every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Guapo Méndez View Post
    Maybe Brian Cronin will see it as the in-joke it is. As long as we don't use it wirh non-Ritalins out of Rita's, we may be fine.
    I kind of assumed that. Just thought I'd put it out there. But I don't think it's Cronin any longer...

Speaking of in-jokes!

Quote Originally Posted by Donald M. View Post
    I think we're still allowed to make jokes, just don't be an asshole.
    Right. That's the main thing. I'd definitely hope whomever mods this thread see the difference.

Yep. Back in the day, no-one had post counts. Hell, not even your handle was permanent. You could pick a new name every time.
    I haven't seen anyone actively care about post counts in a while. I remember that here and on other boards people starting threads to celebrate reaching some arbitrary number of posts used to be a regular thing, but I don't really see it any more. Can't say I miss it, what a dumb thing to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Surprising that this run lasted ten years. I still remember the board wide "Crises" that would happen in the late 90s. Whole boards just garbled and out of order and mixed together. Whoever said that if it's on the internet, it's on there forever was full of Pol ammo.
    What a weird existence. I can't imagine what that was like. Wild and wooly, I'm sure.

What a weird existence. I can't imagine what that was like. Wild and wooly, I'm sure.
    That was back in the day when you could only get the internet on calculators and you had to turn the hand crank every five minutes to keep it running.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald M. View Post
    I haven't seen anyone actively care about post counts in a while. I remember that here and on other boards people starting threads to celebrate reaching some arbitrary number of posts used to be a regular thing, but I don't really see it any more. Can't say I miss it, what a dumb thing to celebrate.
    Heh. I just remember how we used to count back in the uncountsble days: name searched. You counted how many times your named had been mentioned. I remember my personal best was 139. I partied for weeks on that high, man.

So, apparently we now have three social threads on the Comm Board. I'm not sure why X-Crescence and Downtown Khazan couldn't have stayed in their own particular subforums or why we couldn't have all mushed together into to some new gooey amalgam form. We don't bite, much, and I'm sure neither do they. Seems kind of silly to be honest.

Confuzzled but happy snarkbunny's Avatar

Hi Guapo! I am glad Rita's and the forums are back, otherwise I may have had to join , shudder, Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Although, after reading Jonah's announcement, what a horrible thing to have happened. I wouldn't blame Jonah if he shut the forums down completely.

I am just happy snarkbunny was still available when I reregistered. I would feel odd with a different handle.

Heh. I just remember how we used to count back in the uncountsble days: name searched. You counted how many times your named had been mentioned. I remember my personal best was 139. I partied for weeks on that high, man.
    How closely did you check those posts? Maybe a lot of people were just talking about The Three Amigos that day?

Dox, did you get the link to the new Classics abode. Anyone else is welcome...but Dox posted there sporadically.

Long time since my member has been junior.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkbunny View Post
    Although, after reading Jonah's announcement, what a horrible thing to have happened. I wouldn't blame Jonah if he shut the forums down completely.
    Yeah. No way is it just that one incident, I think we've been building to this for a while, but as to that one incident some definite insane, completely out of line dirtbag behavior over something so silly. What the hell kind of basement dwelling troglodyte threatens sexual assault over a fucking comic book cover?