Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Reviving this thread
    why? why....

Loved the cast but felt like one interminable storyline at times. I bought the omnibus because I suspect that it will read better as a collection rather than month to month.

Unlike everybody else, I liked the vol 2A storyline (Wanda/Pierrot no longer mutants) best. I didn’t want that done at the time but I liked how it was done.

Left a lot of hanging threads out there like Katie Summers that I would have liked to have been resolved.

Overall, the Dugan run was better. They need to omnibus that one too, as far as I’m concerned.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

It was mediocre at best.

BANNED

if you ignore wanda/alex and just focus reaaaaly hard you can make it into a dark angel saga sequel ft the stinky avengers (not you thor)

I liked his Uncanny Avengers. Axis was bad, and what came right before and after were so-so, but far from bad. The run had a solid start and became better with each story until the prelude to Axis. It was a fine successor to his Uncanny X-Force
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Trash, mediocre, Garbage, Tumblr Made

BANNED

This is weird, I remember at the time it was coming out the book was heavily praised and even "Ragnarok Now" got nominated for best story arc of the year, and it is indeed a REALLY good arc, the entire book is really good, I honestly can't see why all the criticism, issues #1-4 were meh, #5 was setup, but #6-23 were epic.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I liked the Apocalypse Twins story vs Kang but I agree his characterization could have more positive team dynamics even if he wanted to make the point of them not getting along as a methaphor for why humans and mutants donīt get along, thatīs fine but it would have been nice to see more possible friendships on the team.

I donīt like to blame him for Axis, it was clear to me this was more an editorial and company decision than him,he just wrote the story imo.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I loved the Uncanny Avengers Vol 1 series but it came to an end with the Red Skull/Onslaught/Axis event.
    I really hated both Uncanny Avengers Vol 2 and Vol 3.
    Though UA Vol 3 did have a handful of good stories.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Personally thought it was good to great in some parts

Great
    Initial team roster
    some really cool Thor moments
    good to great art, I like Acunas stuff a lot
    good build up to Axis (First few issues were good and then tailed off horribly)
    S Men were cool and new but no where to be seen anymore

Cons
    Unity squad fights the whole time
    issues following up I think issues 17/18 fall short with the planet X thing

Some of the great moments

_LWVfG4Exwa6ZyLcavkZZRDUI7P3D6g11FFEzubfjhY.jpg

d4ccb049f4fe377192865a21aadc2710.jpg

d69de0f7f3cf0a95b66eb61ba448beca.jpg

Remender wrote an awesome Thor

BANNED

I do love the apocalypse twins and unironicaly want luminous to be revealed to be the Mags daughter

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I do love the apocalypse twins and unironicaly want luminous to be revealed to be the Mags daughter
    Well she has the characteristic platinum hair so itīs a possibility , High Evolutionary always has been interested and Mags and his children but marvel would have to explain whoīs her mother, unless sheīs a clone of Pietro and Wanda, she could also be part of his "other children" Brevoort talked about following the retcon, the children Magda gave birth to and who are not Wanda and Pietro, but given they never showed what happened to these supposed children itīs possible they are going to be wanda and pietro again.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Well she has the characteristic platinum hair so itīs a possibility , High Evolutionary always has been interested and Mags and his children but marvel would have to explain whoīs her mother, unless sheīs a clone of Pietro and Wanda, she could also be part of his "other children" Brevoort talked about following the retcon, the children Magda gave birth to and who are not Wanda and Pietro, but given they never showed what happened to these supposed children itīs possible they are going to be wanda and pietro again.
    if luminous WAS the daughter of magda and she came first and was the template the high evolutionary used to experiment on the twins, the internet would explode

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    if luminous WAS the daughter of magda and she came first and was the template the high evolutionary used to experiment on the twins, the internet would explode
    Maybe but marvel would have to use luminous more I donīt think a lot of ppl remember her or marvel is working to undo the retcon, who knows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    This is weird, I remember at the time it was coming out the book was heavily praised and even "Ragnarok Now" got nominated for best story arc of the year, and it is indeed a REALLY good arc, the entire book is really good, I honestly can't see why all the criticism, issues #1-4 were meh, #5 was setup, but #6-23 were epic.
    Well, Apocalypse Twins are some of the best rogues that were created in this decade for Marvel. It had a decent origin, concepts, compelling storytelling and most of all it was nicely tied with some of the characters in the squad.

It had its moments but after Ragnarok Now, the time travel slash back was kinda generic and overtly saturated in his storylines conceptually. Still, in terms of characterization, it was fairly decent read.