Page 130 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2039
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    IMO the ending of the movie makes me think MJ will be back in future films (maybe even with iconic 'face it tiger' line)
    It's obviously set up for MJ and Peter to find each other again spoilers:
    (MJ: I figured out your identity once, I can do it again and the "Tell me when you find me again" speech).
    end of spoilers

It's also obviously set up for Ned spoilers:
    to return and continue to use magic (Strange seemed very intrigued by Ned's ability to open portals) and for Ned to become Peter's Harry Osborn - and maybe Ned never does remember his friendship with Peter - mixed with Hobgoblin/Demogoblin (because of the magic).
    end of spoilers

I wouldn't be surprised if the MCU version of the Black Suit Saga might be in the works spoilers:
    since we all know the MCU version of Venom has been seeded and I can see them introducing a Felicia who falls for Spider-Man but not Peter, and then for MJ to come back into the picture as someone who is friends with Peter but doesn't know he's Spider-Man - and Peter wants to keep it that way for fear of causing her harm again - but then she'll ultimately remember/put it together again as she told him she would.
    end of spoilers

Speaking of the Black Suit Saga, think they might be setting a Venom-Verse inspired crossover movie? I mean, the symbiotes were established to be multiversal in Venom 2.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Speaking of the Black Suit Saga, think they might be setting a Venom-Verse inspired crossover movie? I mean, the symbiotes were established to be multiversal in Venom 2.
    My brother thinks Sony should work on setting up a Venomverse movie, as the next effort to top or at least tie with No Way Home.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

And speaking of set-up, do you think they just set-up Spider-Girl with this movie?

In MU2, Peter got crippled by Norman, retired, and Mayday took up the mantle. We know that the original Peter and MJ are together, Norman stabbed Peter and possibly crippled him. We know that Sony wants female Spider-people like Silk and Jessica.

One thing that occurred to me (not really a spoiler). This movie must take place at least a few years after Spider-Man 3, right? The fact that Sandman mentions wanting to get back to his daughter means she must have survived her cancer.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

And speaking of set-up, do you think they just set-up Spider-Girl with this movie?

In MU2, Peter got crippled by Norman, retired, and Mayday took up the mantle. We know that the original Peter and MJ are together, Norman stabbed Peter and possibly crippled him. We know that Sony wants female Spider-people like Silk and Jessica.
    IMO I think Sony could make all sorts of things but I think as far as the MCU goes, the only thing its setting up is a back to the basics Peter Parker. Broke, alone, no friends, no family, homemade suit... and we even have an enemy with a piece of the symbiote stuck in their universe.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    One thing that occurred to me (not really a spoiler). This movie must take place at least a few years after Spider-Man 3, right? The fact that Sandman mentions wanting to get back to his daughter means she must have survived her cancer.
    He is also constantly in his sand-form and the truth about Norman’s death made it to the news. So that suggests that a lot time has gone by.

Btw, I’m surprised that not many people are mentioning the fact that they basically adapted The Night Gwen Stacy Died for a THIRD time.

Spider-Man adapted Norman dropping Peter’s love interest off a bridge and being killed via impalement by his own glider.

Amazing Man 2 adapted Gwen falling to her death by the hands of the Green Goblin (Harry).

Spider-Man: No Way Home adapted Norman killing someone close to Peter and he seeks vengeance. Norman almost gets impaled by his own glider again.

Not that I’m complaining, but each Spider-Man series has elements of the story.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 12-26-2021 at 07:49 PM.

Oh, shit. I just found out that The Night Gwen Stacy Died was originally going to be...The Night Aunt May Died!

https://www.cbr.com/john-romita-sr-r...-and-stan-lee/

So there are rumors that Sony wants Anya Taylor Joy as Black Cat, who is around Tom's age. I think they should go down the 90s animated series route and have her be enhanced by the super-solider serum.

Oh, shit. I just found out that The Night Gwen Stacy Died was originally going to be...The Night Aunt May Died!

well if that's the case comic aunt may better watch her back her days gotta be numbered
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

There was an excellent point about No Way Home in a review.

It is ultimately a metaphor for graduating from high school, and spoilers:
    the fear that all the people you cared about will forget you when you leave that environment and enter the adult world.
    end of spoilers
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

Haven't posted in ages, and just popped in to see if anyone was complaining about the magic whammy ruining their childhoods. No?!?! I barely recognize this place!

Good to see Mets still in the saddle!

Btw, I’m surprised that not many people are mentioning the fact that they basically adapted The Night Gwen Stacy Died for a THIRD time.

Spider-Man adapted Norman dropping Peter’s love interest off a bridge and being killed via impalement by his own glider.

Amazing Man 2 adapted Gwen falling to her death by the hands of the Green Goblin (Harry).

Spider-Man: No Way Home adapted Norman killing someone close to Peter and he seeks vengeance. Norman almost gets impaled by his own glider again.

Not that I’m complaining, but each Spider-Man series has elements of the story.
    ASM2 is the most direct adaptation of it, otherwise they just pick random elements but never go all the way, so it's not nearly as impactful.

Hell, Ultimate Spider-Man almost had it, bridge and all, but MJ refuses to die, and ironically Gwen was killed for a while by Carnage.

There were different ideas on what to do around yeah, Gwen was ultimately killed off because her presence didn't add much to ASM.

Originally she wasn't even gonna be killed, Conway would just have Peter and Gwen break up, but Romita wanted to kill someone and they picked Gwen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There was an excellent point about No Way Home in a review.

It is ultimately a metaphor for graduating from high school, and spoilers:
    the fear that all the people you cared about will forget you when you leave that environment and enter the adult world.
    end of spoilers
    That kinda sounds like the same type of logic I've heard about Raimi's Spider-Man being a metaphor about puberty lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Haven't posted in ages, and just popped in to see if anyone was complaining about the magic whammy ruining their childhoods. No?!?! I barely recognize this place!
    Give it a few days .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Reading post interviews and it seems like the writers feel the choice Peter made at the end was heroic or the correct thing to do. I'm hoping that's not the case.

spoilers:
    Peter once again is making decisions for MJ and removing her agency and ignoring her wants. He feels out of a sense of responsibility. I hope that Ned and MJ end up involved with another superhero, putting themselves at risk without Peter. So he can understand that being responsible for others doesn't mean controlling them. And by showing MJ and Ned would seek out heroics and want to lend help to heroes without him allows him to be in their lives without being a dick, because they were risking them without him.
    end of spoilers